• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SimCity4 10 years!

Started by mave94, January 14, 2013, 12:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

And now, a look back in time:

Freedo, I know it's only been today that this new SC13 officially released, I hope you didn't just whip out the checkbook. Considering what we have here, at a fraction of that price, at least we got NAM,

Good to see you still alive and kicking.

Diggis

Quote from: memo on March 05, 2013, 11:21:59 AM
You know what I did? I directly started with modding again. You don't have the time to play the game then, and thus, there is no need to collect all the mods and plugins.

ROFL, brilliant!  &apls

FrankU

Quote from: Diggis on March 05, 2013, 02:57:02 PM
Quote from: memo on March 05, 2013, 11:21:59 AM
You know what I did? I directly started with modding again. You don't have the time to play the game then, and thus, there is no need to collect all the mods and plugins.

ROFL, brilliant!  &apls

That is more or less what I do these days. I did actually install NAM 30, but never played with it. I am probably the only one on this site who has not yet installed NAM 31, because I first like to finish some lotting and modding. But that actually may take more time than I think..

The video is great!

Mr_Maison

Just pushing my head in raise my glass as well. And to say thank you to all the talented people here who keeps SC4 alive for me to enjoy for years to come. SC4 is still the undisputed heavyweight champion of city builders. I'm still floored that I have diagonal brides in my cities.

metarvo

Long time, no see!  It's good to see you again, Freedo.  :)  This game seems to always bring the community back together, no matter what new games may be released.  I just don't see this happen on non-SC4 sites that I've visited or lurked on.  I suggest you re-install the game and take your time on plugin collection.  Trust me, it'll be worth it.  I've had to do so after a number of HDD crashes, although I find myself having to collect fewer plugins each time because my backups have become more comprehensive with all of that practice.  ;D

It's cool to see SimCity 1 brought up, too, since I've been playing it a little the past few days to celebrate 10 years of SC4 as well as get in a little tongue-in-cheek ( :P ) at a couple of my current least favorite game developers.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

petjuh

I love it! Thanks to all custom developers!  :thumbsup:

MAS71

Hello all of friends and good mayors  :)
How are you? I'm sorry to late for a congratulatory. :-[

I remember well when I was join to a forum of the SC4 at first about 7 years ago,
I was sooo glad and exited to got communicate(speak) with big BATer and MODer of the world.
and I got an invite to this site "SC4Devotion" and could join to BSC team, It's reall pride for my life. ;D

I want....I have to say again to everyone a BIG THANKS!! :thumbsup:

I don't have times for play SC4 and make anything in recently unfortunately,
but I'll still want to enjoy the SC4 and a speak with good friends in a future too until as I possible. ;D

Thank you for everyone in the SC4 communities. :)
- Kazunari.M from Japan

Stewey

I'd also like to wade in and celebrate SC4's 10th year, I am confident that it will have a 20th.

I would also like to extend my gratitude to each and every CC author here and on other SC4 sites for their time, skill and dedication that they have put in over the years. Without you the game would not have got to 10 years, so here's to the batters, the modders, and the lotters!

Legatus.Legionis

This just shows how well the game was created.

Ten years later, people are still playing and enjoying it.

KUDOS to the all the people whom created Sim City 4.

And to all those whom create all those BATS, MODS, Maps, etc. and making them available to the gaming community.

And to sites like this that continue to support this great game.

Thank You.   &apls