• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Source- 2/9: I'm Back! + A Teaser (of course...)

Started by dsrwhat316, August 04, 2008, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grneyes

Wow! Everything looks awesome! Can't wait for the next update.

MaryBeth

warconstruct

Very beautiful image, very a good choice of texture!
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

paroch

Hey Dan,

You say it's a short update but they are two monstrous mosaics, I was trying to work out how many "normal" sized pictureas are in there.  You have a knack of putting these big mosaics together where each part of the mosaic has something happening - that's no mean feat.

The daily grind is VERY good but Evolution is better still.  That neighbourhood that exclusively uses MattB's Boom Houses (I think that's what they're called) is just divine.  That square park in the middle really fits the feel of the area just right.

And as for the last teaser - very nice, but maybe you should try some different tennis courts - have a try of these  ;) :D

And per your reply - I'm not really familiar with Boston or the Big Dig, but will take your word for it  :P

Great work as always - I enjoy my visits here - oh, and congrats on the move up to Best Sellers.

Paul

thundercrack83

Congrats, Dan!

- The Staff

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Congratulations Dan,
An excellent MD very deserving of this move to the OSITM!  &apls  :thumbsup:
In the last update I see that you have not finished the center section of the diagonal avenue.  I am very curious to see what you do there.  ???
I don't relpy here as often as I should, but believe me when I say that I am always impressed with your work and your pictures.  It's always a pleasure to see what you have for us and I look forward to this month with you and your MD.
See ya around and congrats again,
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Congrats on your award! Your MD deserved it! ;)

dsrwhat316

A Thank You!

I have to give a big thank you to everyone of my readers! Thanks to you, The Source has garnered enough attention to be promoted to OSITM! My first MD, the Republic of Bevelle, also had an OSITM run back in April of this year. I was rather surprised to see only two MDs in OSITM this month.

I haven't been playing much lately, so I'll have to step up to live up to expectations for OSITM. I'll try and have something ready by the end of the weekend (the only time I can really play anymore). Sit tight; I hope to take everyone for quite a ride this month!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

flame1396

Quote from: Cockatoo-210893 on September 21, 2008, 01:39:36 AM
God damn it!  &apls
Such impressive use of content... look at those rivers... you really need to teach me how to do that!
I haven't been really impressed by an MD in a while... you know, got the urge to actually look through the whole thing, but this one really stands out. Well done.

Yeah, I agree. Once you gain considerable experience stuff stops impressing. I feel the same way, and this MD is one of the few that have really engaged me.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

CasperVg

Congratulations on the OSITM-Award, drswhat316; your stuff is incredible.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

nova vesfalo

very nice cbd, green, and well organized ( love the curved road near the greenhouse) and congrats for the OSITM !

FrankU

Your award is definitely well earned! The last large mosaic is flabbergasting! :shocked2: /&HiPP/% &bis&

paroch

Yes, very well deserved Dan - you know I've become a follower over the last few updates, so I am very pleased to see The Source here.

Good luck with finding some time for updates this month, I know they'll be worth waiting for.

Paul

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sebes

I had to catch up for some realy excellent updates last month. Seething, it's only natural that the staff decided to put you in the special attention section for this month. Unbelieveable how nicelooking your city is Dan.....  :satisfied:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

dsrwhat316

Teaser (Sorry!)

Thanks to everyone for your great support and congrats! I have been working feverishly this weekend to try and get an update out. Unfortunately, RL, CTDs, and other (excuses) have prevented that. But being one of the biggest teaser on SC4D (along with Casper  ;)), I had to show off the result of a trick taught to us by Paul (squidi), with whom I share the OSITM honor:

Thanks to his advise, I finally am able to add props to a resized lot (the bottom tree and diagonal fence)! An update will come as soon as possible. See ya'll then!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

flame1396

The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Pat

Dan stunning teaser and I cant wait till the update!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Great work there on that newest teaser there, Dan!
And also looking forward to the next update... ;)