• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickmastfan67

Come on guys, $10 ain't enough for my engineer/designing fees.  :P
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

jplumbley

Quote from: BigSlark on December 15, 2007, 01:06:33 AM
My region in the making is more or less flat broke, therefore the best we have to offer is 24 oz. of gold nuggets, freshly panned from a stream, 10 acres of pristine Pacific Northwest rain forest, and a slightly used 1984 Chevrolet Caprice.  :D

LOL slightly used....  Still thats worth more than $10... I think.  Anyone giving the shirt off their back?  Waiting for Barby to crack the whip and say no more haggling.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Starmanw402007

When (RHW)--v20b Beta-- becomes available. I'll remove the (RHW)--v13b Beta-- from my computer. Keep up the great work with this project.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Shadow Assassin

Well, it won't actually be called Beta anymore. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

JGCarter

I cant wait!!!! Tarkus, could you tease us with a picture?

blahdy

Modelling work for RHW-20 project, on Elevated MIS Urban Highway kit has started.

First order or business: T-21 props for 2-lanes wide elevated highway network.

There will be 11 to 20 or so different sign bridges that will randomly show up, in order to enhance realism to the maximum level (lot better than seeing same type of sign all the time on your highway).

Here are the T-21 sign bridges completed so far for 2-lanes elevated highway network:

Go to http://216._93_.240_.36/~blahdy/stex/big-dig-tunnel-portal/rhwmis/2lane-elevated/t21_signbridges/ to view detailed picture of each sign bridge shown above.

Additional T-21's are under work as we speak, including light poles, monitoring cameras, fire standpipes, etc.   There will be over 150 T-21 props made for both big dig and MIS projects, ranging from light poles, signs and ITS equipments.

The draggable network piece itself is very primitive and light load (lesser than 100 polys).  The model for ground-elevated transition and future on/off-ramps will be more costly in terms of polys, but still light enough for in-game .3ds use.  I'm deliberately cutting out any edges/faces out of models that won't be visible in game in order to optimize them.

dedgren

Jeez, that's fall on the floor and die with a smile on your face stuff.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

ummmmmm what do i say next buttttt Hooooly _________ COW!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Palpatine001

[Continues to sit and wait patiently]

Nice work there indeed Blahdy - for city highways?

Just a question, can the posts be more of a metalic colour please as seen in Australisan Sign Postings on Motorways?
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

blahdy

Quote from: Palpatine001 on December 16, 2007, 12:39:52 AM
[Continues to sit and wait patiently]

Nice work there indeed Blahdy - for city highways?

Just a question, can the posts be more of a metalic colour please as seen in Australisan Sign Postings on Motorways?

Metallic signs will come later, but the current elevated highway project track is based off of big dig design specifications to speed things up.

Current priority is to bring elevated highway pieces completed as quickly as possible for inner city/urban environments.  Because the elevated highway under work will be for urban environment, and because most of the needed component models for T-21's have been already made for the big dig project, it's easier to just port them over to MIS.

cammo2003

When they look this good it's hard to complain.

:)

dragonshardz

Hey blahdy: not that it really matters, but the innermost lane is usually the no 1 lane. 'course no on'es going to see those little marker signs anyhow, but i felt like being a little nit-picky  ;D

blahdy

Quote from: dragonshardz on December 16, 2007, 01:06:11 AM
Hey blahdy: not that it really matters, but the innermost lane is usually the no 1 lane. 'course no on'es going to see those little marker signs anyhow, but i felt like being a little nit-picky  ;D

Those are ITS tag numbers (each sign bridge has an ID, i.e. BOS-04, NB-11, EB-33 etc) and each node component in the sign bridge, such as variable message sign, dynamic speed limit sign and lane control signs have their own ITS lane allocation ID's.  For example, inner most lane control sign on sign bridge would have address of BOS-04:2).

In Boston big dig system, outer most lane is lane #1 for ITS setup.

dragonshardz

ummm...ok I have no idea what you just said!  ()stsfd() That's what I get for trying to correct a transit expert.  &mmm

BigSlark

Blahdy,

Amazing models, as usual. I am extremely happy to see that you are making progress on the eye-candy side of the RHW, with Alex and Jason making it work, James texturing the roadway, and you creating the structures involved this will be an amazing release.

Hopefully the holiday season won't get you all bogged down and there will be a nifty New Year's present for the community...  ;D

I can hope, right?

Cheers,
Kevin

Toichus Maximus

Just want you to know that i'm awaiting the release of this mod to unleash my cosmic-er, mayorial fury upon my plugins folder and start from scratch. Until then, no sc4... at all!

Have pity on me and release soon!  :'(

Tarkus

Just thought I'd show a screenie confirming that the RHW-6S will indeed be included in a limited Orthogonal-only capacity.

Yes, I know one of those reflectors is backwards--it's easy to fix.  And for those of you who might be wondering "Can you make the dashed line longer?", the answer is technically yes, but it would involve making the puzzle piece longer, diminishing the "modular" aspect, so this is the size you'll more than likely be getting (I may add one tile onto the RHW-6S ends, though).

I am planning on adding a couple more MIS interface ramps, including at least one more RHW-6S setup like this (but with an RHW-4 coming out of it instead of an MIS ramp, so C/D lanes can be done).

And Kevin, we'll see.  It really is quite close, and I'm almost at the stage where I can switch entirely into "bugfixing mode". ;)  We have a few little things to decide, and a couple of small features (that aren't modding intensive) to add-in.  We'll be able to get Toichus Maximus playing again. :D

-Alex (Tarkus)

simzebu

What if (and tell me if I'm completely nuts) you made a puzzle piece that was one tile long that you would just plop right after the exit ramp.
It would take up just this tile:

and it would be RHW6, but instead of the usual lane marking for that outside lane, it would have the dotted white line. Then you could make it as long as you want.
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

Palpatine001

Hmmm Alex, that last pic there showing the RHW-6 is  :thumbsup:
Already have a spot lined up for it already...  ;D
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Ryan B.

I think I know what you're getting at, simzebu - something like this:

The highlighted part is - if I'm right - the thing you're suggesting.