• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cammo2003

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on September 11, 2007, 04:56:23 AM
Try telling that to the people who made that motorway in Adelaide. :P

My point exactly.  :P

riponite

Rickmastfan67, I'm looking forward to it. 

The "Super 2" is an excellent aspiration.  I use the "RHW 2" in some of my country connections between cities where there isn't enough traffic to warrent a full freeway, but where a speedy route with sufficient volume is still required to handle traffic.  Your additions will, no doubt, make some of my dreams for this type of network a reality.  Thank you for your efforts. 

Riponite

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on September 12, 2007, 03:53:44 AM
FYI: I hope to be posting an update soon on the Upgrade process of the RHW-2 system.

Haljackey

Rickmastfan67: The RHW-2 has a ton of potential!  (Well, just like the rest of the "RHW family")  What we have now is a start, but I would like to see where this network has gone after leaving the starting line.

As for the rest of the project, how's it going?  I know things are slow right now for all of us (university is taking most of my free time away), but that doesn't mean that we can't still comment/compliment on this network!  Anyways everyone, best of luck with the further development of the RHW!

Patiently waiting,
-Haljackey.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Haljackey on September 12, 2007, 04:42:02 PM
Rickmastfan67: The RHW-2 has a ton of potential!  (Well, just like the rest of the "RHW family")  What we have now is a start, but I would like to see where this network has gone after leaving the starting line.

Well, as soon as Tarkus gets off his behind and writes the new RULs for the new pieces I have made, I might have something to show. lol. :P
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Tarkus

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on September 12, 2007, 06:23:56 PM
Well, as soon as Tarkus gets off his behind and writes the new RULs for the new pieces I have made, I might have something to show. lol. :P

Actually, I need to sit down to mod. :P  Once I get a few last details ironed out with the SAM. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Crissa

Hmm, I saw RHW2 - Avenue on a diagonal in a screenshot, but I don't seem to be able to do it... Is there any way to join on the diagonal?

thundercrack83

Quote from: Tarkus on September 13, 2007, 01:39:07 AM
Actually, I need to sit down to mod. :P  Once I get a few last details ironed out with the SAM. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Glad to hear it, Alex! Good luck with the SAM and I'll be looking forward to your return here!

Crissa

Hey, since I loaded http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1063 I don't seem to be able to spawn RHW8.

Is this a known issue?

-Crissa

Olasz

Likely yes  ()what()

Lot Description:
The Rural Highway Mod (RHW) is an optional NAM component (downloaded separately) which utilizes the ANT Network, allowing you to transform it into a 4-lane, 2-tile Highway-style network, with a variable width median. The RHW is activated by placing two parallel stretches of ANT network side-by-side.

-Olasz

metasmurf

How far off is an update of the RHW containing proper on/off ramps? Imo, that's the most important feature that needs to be added.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Crissa on September 14, 2007, 01:45:29 PM
Hey, since I loaded http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1063 I don't seem to be able to spawn RHW8.

Is this a known issue?

-Crissa

My update is just a texture update mod for the RHW-4.  It's a temporary update for the textures till the next release of the RHW. ;)  So, no, you can't make a RHW-8 unless you do it the way Haljackey says in his signature.

Quote from: metasmurf on September 14, 2007, 02:08:35 PM
How far off is an update of the RHW containing proper on/off ramps? Imo, that's the most important feature that needs to be added.

No idea.  As part of the NAM Team, we don't release dates as to when something might be released.  Plus RL is hitting some of us hard slowing down production.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Tarkus

Quote from: metasmurf on September 14, 2007, 02:08:35 PM

I'd agree with you there. ;)  There's a few holdups with that right now, though.  The big thing at the moment is making the MIS setup draggable--there's a few things I need to do with the diagonal RULs before any of that's ready to go.  After that, it will need some texture cleanup, and with the implementation of the elevated version, a little modeling/T21ing.  I've got good people in place at that end, fortunately. ;)  If RL and the RULs don't throw too many loops at me, it'll be before you know it.   ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Crissa

Yeah, just having annoyances, that's all:

I don't seem to be able to pull out the outer lanes first, which makes 'saving' them to be annoying.  But most of all is this bug I get when I try turning... I hope we get some s-curve puzzle pieces.

-Crissa

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Crissa on September 14, 2007, 06:59:22 PM
Yeah, just having annoyances, that's all:

I don't seem to be able to pull out the outer lanes first, which makes 'saving' them to be annoying.  But most of all is this bug I get when I try turning... I hope we get some s-curve puzzle pieces.

-Crissa

I plan on making S-Curve pieces for both the RHW-2 and RHW-4. ;)

thundercrack83

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on September 14, 2007, 08:10:11 PM
I plan on making S-Curve pieces for both the RHW-2 and RHW-4. ;)

How gradual do you plan on making the S-Curves? Since they're for highways, I would make them too sharp or else cars wouldn't be able to maintain speed on them. Just a suggestion!

rickmastfan67

Quote from: thundercrack83 on September 14, 2007, 09:06:42 PM
How gradual do you plan on making the S-Curves? Since they're for highways, I would make them too sharp or else cars wouldn't be able to maintain speed on them. Just a suggestion!

QuoteI would make them too sharp

Don't you mean wouldn't? :P lol.

Truthfully, I don't know how I'm going to set them up yet.  Right now, I'm working on some other pieces for the RHW-2.  So, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. ;)  But in basic thought, I think they will be 2x3 pieces.  Maybe 2x4 if I fell it's necessary.

BigSlark

Quote from: Tarkus on September 14, 2007, 03:05:19 PM
If RL and the RULs don't throw too many loops at me, it'll be before you know it.   ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

This why you're the most maddening transit modder of the them all!  :D

I'm looking forward to more RHW fun.

Cheers,
Kevin

delta9

Hey guys, first post, been around the community for a while, mostly ST. New here but I'm astounded by what is here, especially the CAM... Anyway that's another post, I've been following the individual developments in the NWM for a little while, especially this one and the avenue/owr widening mods.  That draggable ERHW leaves me intrigued because I've read some people talk about possibly in the end completely revamping the UHW system too, considering its poor scale and aesthetics. Seeing that makes me wonder, could we (and by that I mean you amazingly skilled and innovative modders and artists... I contribute nothing  :-[) completely revamp the highway system, changing the ground and elevated highway buttons into RHW and UHW? But I wonder what distinction would there be if the UHW was revamped anyway.  Or is a 2-tile network much much harder to mod in that fashion?  I would guess so.  If that's not possible maybe the ANT could be utilized in the same way, but then you'd be stuck with the same capacities, right?  Damn... I thought I had a cool idea.  My first post sucks now.  :(

()stsfd()

Maybe I should read the other threads and edumacate myself some more.

Orange Julius

I have not paid much attention to this project for several months (as the Simtropolis thread slowly quit being updated) but what big-big-big things have happened in the last six months? (without browsing through 30 or so pages)

Also, back in the day, jplumbey released the RHW-2. I thought it looked pretty cool. Is it still around?
Gone now...

thundercrack83

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on September 15, 2007, 05:17:05 AM
Don't you mean wouldn't? :P lol.

Truthfully, I don't know how I'm going to set them up yet.  Right now, I'm working on some other pieces for the RHW-2.  So, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. ;)  But in basic thought, I think they will be 2x3 pieces.  Maybe 2x4 if I fell it's necessary.

Oops! Yes, I did mean "wouldn't." Sorry about that! And thanks for the answer, too! I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when you get to "the bridge!"