• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanghai kid

@freedo50
just a question: you do drag ANT roads beside each other, as the ANT is there until you drag another ANT road beside it then it turns into RHW.
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

Sim_Jesse

Would it be possible to just make the ANT a RHW without having to "double-drag" it? That would be great, because whenever I try to make a good multi RHW (8 lanes) it just changes into 2 parallel, normal highways  :'(

freedo50

Got the problem sorted by reinstalling the NAM essentials. Thanks for the help.

Fred

Swamper77

@Sim Jesse: The variable width RHW has not been released yet. You can only make 4-lane divided highways (2 lanes each way) at this time. The variable width RHW will be available as part of another project.

It's not possible to make the ANT a RHW in the manner you suggested due to how the network is setup in the EXE. By default, the ANT is a single tile network. Tarkus and other NAM modders created a set of overrides to overcome this limitation and created the RHW with these overrides.

After talking with Tarkus the other night, I decided to continue with my cosmetic mod that I was working on for the RHW. I will also be helping him with the RHW MIS so he can get it released. So, here's what I have been up today:

Starting the draw of the RHW with two parallel segments of the ANT.

Speed Limit Signs (70 MPH in this case, which is my personal preference for the network speed)

Curves. There are also setups for the opposites of each curve. (Sign props custom made by me)

Ends of the RHW with One Way Roads and an Avenue

Intersecting side street with a custom stop sign prop. The white sign on the bottom is a "Right Turn Only" sign.

Wide median between sides of the RHW with guardrails and a crossover.

The guardrail props are Jestarr's and are found in his MEGA Prop Pack Vol 01. I modified the exemplar for the 8 meter long straight guardrail prop so it will appear, even if a network tile gets flipped. All the signs and guardrails seen here have been placed via Type 21 exemplars (Network Lots). These exemplars are what make props appear on networks without needing transit-enabled lots. T21's will work for both texture- and model-based networks.

The dirt alongside the roadways are part of a custom mod that I created, which is based off of PEG's Rural Roadways Mod. I modified it to put dirt shoulders in rural/unzoned areas only. My mod affects several networks.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Filasimo

jan,
is it possible to fix the centerline transition when u transition it from a OWR or ave to RHW? i notice that when transitioned the centerline abruptly becomes longer or gets cut up.
Ryan
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Swamper77

Filasimo,

That would have to be handled by the texture artists. My dirt-shouldered textures are simply copies of existing ones pasted onto a dirt texture that is floating around on my hard drives. I'm better at making vehicle skins than network textures. :(

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Filasimo

its ok jan youve done alot of great work with ur latest update and visuals it would be cool if someone was able to create some sort of gentle sloping median kind of like a center ditch with gentle sloping sides....alot of interstates here in the US have them
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

thundercrack83

Looking good, Jan! I do have a question, though: Is it possible to have wider curves (like the NAM road and rail curves) for the RHW? I think the more gradual curves would add some realism.

Swamper77

Filasimo: Someone could probably BAT the median you are suggesting for where the RHW is wider. With careful terraforming, you could create the same result ;) I know what you are talking about though. SR20 in Washington State, between Anacortes and Mount Vernon, has a grassy median with a ditch at the center.

@Thundercrack: that would be up to Tarkus to decide. I'm just doing the Type 21 exemplars to "decorate" the RHW.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

rickmastfan67

Swamper77, you up for making an Eisenhower Interstate Shield Type-21 file? ;)  I can provide you a picture of the 50th Anniversary Shield that I've taken pictures of.  Only state that I've found it in is SC.  And then, it was just leaving the Welcome Centers.  Found it in two different places.  The SB Welcome Center on I-77, and the NB Welcome Center on I-95.  Have pictures of both, but I would send you the best one of the two that I.  So, you game?  If so, send a PM with your e-mail address so I can send you the picture. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

HabLeUrG

thats an excellent work swamper  :thumbsup: &apls

Im thinking in doing non-functional wide curves for RHW and others at my RHW project... thats a nice idea, thundercrack!

thundercrack83

Quote from: Swamper77 on June 09, 2007, 07:49:19 PM
@Thundercrack: that would be up to Tarkus to decide. I'm just doing the Type 21 exemplars to "decorate" the RHW.

I guess I should have opened the question up to everyone working on the project, as I meant to do. Sorry about that!

bat

freedo50

Wow great work Swamper, I came in here specifically to ask about a version of this I had seen over at ST some time ago. Isn't that a weird coincidence? Great work though!

Fred

EDGE4194

nice work jan, it really adds to the realism of the rhw.  :thumbsup:

Ryan B.

I've been working the past few days on a new transition piece for the RHW.  I'm open to questions and comments, as always.

Filasimo

burgsabre, a silly question i ask...is that a transition piece for the RHW-4 in which the right side lanes transition to 3 lanes? if so why not have the transition occur on the right side? unless its a euro version i would show an example when i get back in town in a few days...also a 3 lane to 4 lane transition piece would be good also to make the RHW-6 into RHW-8...well just some ideas and questions i had...hope u get my concept
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

rickmastfan67

I've been working on for the last few hours on some street MIS connections.  These are totally different from the street junctions that are currently on the mainline RHW.  So, how do they look to you guys?  Any suggestions?

BTW, these pieces mostly will only be able to be used with the Elevated-RHW when it comes out since there isn't any elevated street puzzle pieces yet. **HINT, HINT other NAM people. :P **  However, the Right Turn Only piece onto the MIS system below can be used almost anywhere in the RHD world.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Ryan B.

filasimo:  That's a transition for 2 two-lane sections of RHW traveling in the same direction merging.  The reason I had the extra lane come in from the right side was because it made sense to me.  (I'm really not sure why it did.)  Maybe I'll try bringing the lane in from the left.  There's also this piece's opposite - a splitter piece - forthcoming from me shortly.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: burgsabre87 on June 11, 2007, 05:10:18 AM
rickmastfan67:  That's a transition for 2 two-lane sections of RHW traveling in the same direction merging.  The reason I had the extra lane come in from the right side was because it made sense to me.  (I'm really not sure why it did.)  Maybe I'll try bringing the lane in from the left.  There's also this piece's opposite - a splitter piece - forthcoming from me shortly.

Um burgsabre87, that was Filasimo that commented about your RHW merging piece, not me.  I made a post about new street interchanges for the MIS. ;)   BTW, how do you like them? ;)