• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

blade2k5's Real World+Fantasy Maps

Started by blade2k5, April 02, 2008, 02:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which China Maps Would You Like To See Released

Fuzhou
Ningdai
Shantou
Zhao'an North

rooker1

:sunny:  These new maps of yours are just as nice as a bright sunny day, that I have longed for, for os long.
Great work my friend.
&apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

WoW Sweeeeeeeeetness stuff here Troy!!! I'm sorry I didnt catch you last night on MSN  :(  my head was pounding and I belive if I qoute Wou right he said we have anther Besk clone lol well I never met Besk, but I can say you are the Blade  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mightygoose

hey troy why dont you do a map of your namesakes area.... i think that would be cool. there are to distinct locations on based on archaeology which is the area of Hisarlik south west of tire, in the middle of anatolia and has wide river valleys shouldered by mountaints... [linkie] and the Homeric location picked from the Illiad.... which puts it roughly where the turkish town of halileli is located, this location is much further north and is a river delta like coastal plain bordered with hills in the east. [linkie] both are very interesting geographical locations from an simcity perspective and i thought it migh be a nice touch now you have the DEM skillz... lol

cheers
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

blade2k5

Quotehey troy why dont you do a map of your namesakes area.... i think that would be cool.

There are hundreds of places outside the U.S. that I'd like to do, but getting international DEM data dl's is a real slow process.  I was trying to dl Adelaide Australia last night and after 30 minutes only had 758kbs of 26mb dl'd so far &mmm   I'll put my namesake :P on the list, it was what my old man named me after anyways.... :P

I do, in the meanwhile, have a few other projects in the works, one complete and two more just needing to be have the tile opened and saved in-game to get the rendered look.  The completed map is supposed to be the Devils Tower area of Wyoming near the town of Sunrise and is a 5x3 lrg tile map, but not sure if I ot Devils Tower or not though.  The second is Bend Oregon, is a 13x12 lrg tile map and includes Mt. Bachelor and Mt. Jefferson.  I'll be doing variations from the DEM data I dl'd for this area of Oregon as the Bend area was only a portion of the total region.  The last is a 10x6 lrg tile map of the southern half of the San Diego area, including most of Mission Bay and all of San Diego Bay including the Silver Strand/Coronado areas.  SC4TF overview pics will be posted later tonight so check back for a peak :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Pat

Hey John I think that would be a great idea if Troy did a map of his name sake and also Troy where is the update as you promissed.... Its later tonight already...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

Quote from: Pat on April 09, 2008, 08:28:18 PM...also Troy where is the update as you promissed.... Its later tonight already...

A bit impatient :P ain't ya?  For that ;) I should make you wait longer, but as promised, here are the pics promised.  The first set is the Devils Tower region.

I've replaced the massive Bend, Oregon map with this smaller Mount Jefferson Region to the north-west of Bend.

And here is the 10x6 slice of the San Diego area.....

These maps should be available soon for dl.  Thanks for dropping by :)

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

Pat

Oooooooooo WOW That is sweetness so are these RWM by a chance or ASM... I see the devils peak and the San Diego map are wicked!!! Thanks Troy for not making me wait to much longer or I would have lost my mind lol....

rooker1

Ohhh....ohhhh....ohhhh, I got my hand up for that last MAP.
Talk to later about this one.  ;)
Call me Robin, please.

shenti

Where you get the pictures to her to make such maps

DFire870

The San Diego map looks amazing! Well, at least what I can see... for some reason all of the images are taking forever to load, and I'm on a broadband connection. &mmm

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

blade2k5

Quote from: Pat on April 09, 2008, 09:03:26 PM
Oooooooooo WOW That is sweetness so are these RWM by a chance or ASM... I see the devils peak and the San Diego map are wicked!!! Thanks Troy for not making me wait to much longer or I would have lost my mind lol....

Thanks Pat and yes, these are RW maps :thumbsup:

Quote from: rooker1 on April 10, 2008, 05:50:44 AM
Ohhh....ohhhh....ohhhh, I got my hand up for that last MAP.
Talk to later about this one.  ;)Robin  :thumbsup:

Talk to me later on this one?  I'm guessing you want me to make some changes?.....

Quote from: shenti on April 10, 2008, 05:55:10 AM
Where you get the pictures to her to make such maps

I get my DEM elevation data for the U.S. from here http://seamless.usgs.gov/ :thumbsup:

Quote from: DFire870 on April 10, 2008, 06:41:43 AM
The San Diego map looks amazing! Well, at least what I can see... for some reason all of the images are taking forever to load, and I'm on a broadband connection. &mmm -- John

Thanks DFire.  Imagshack can be a real pain in the 'you know where' sometimes :D

Pat

awwwww shucks I saw a reply and I hoped to see more pics but I guess till next time ehh Troy lol...

rooker1

Not really changes.  I'm just wondering if you could chop it in half for me.  You know me, I like the left half.   ;) I think I might try some hilly terrain after all.  I have been challenged to do so and this map looks soooo good.
Call me Robin, please.

blade2k5

Quote from: rooker1 on April 10, 2008, 09:13:30 AM
Not really changes.  I'm just wondering if you could chop it in half for me.  You know me, I like the left half.   ;) I think I might try some hilly terrain after all.  I have been challenged to do so and this map looks soooo good.

Ok, I'll see what I can do :thumbsup:  I have to go back to work tonight, so I probably won't be able to get to it until Saturday or Sunday ;D

blade2k5

There wouldn't, perhaps, be any interest by anyone for this 8x8 map of the Portland Ore/Vancouver Wa area would there :thumbsup:

Other projects in the works are Greece & New Orleans.  Other real-world places I'd like to tackle would be the Amazon River, the Nile Delta, Istanbul and dozens upon dozens of others that I can't think of at the moment :P  Hope you like and thanks for dropping in ;D

Pat

:thumbsup: looking uber sweet here Troy, you are doing some great work buddie!!!!!!!

XiahouDun

If I may suggest an area, I'd say take a look around South Bend, Indiana (right by where I live). The area has a nice windy river and subtle hills along with flatlands that should lend itself well to SC4 gameplay :thumbsup:

Love your maps by the way, these look fantastic, and I've been using your Falcor map for months now &apls
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

CasperVg

Whew, the Portland/Vancouver map looks splendid! A map of Belgium has never been done before, perhaps if you could tackle that one?  ::)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

jmyers2043

Some nice looking maps! Have you used any of them for game play yet? Do those white boundaries designate large cities or medium?
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Shadow Assassin

Portland-Vancouver looks great. Only problem: it ain't exactly friendly for building bridges across rivers.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
See my uploads on the LEX!