• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Holden's Landing by hooha47

Started by hooha47, December 02, 2009, 09:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooha47

OK, now that I know I'm going to get this done in time for the competition, I'll open a thread and post a preview.  Here's a picture of the covered bridge that connects the two sections of Holden's Landing.

More to come soon.
"If you want to have cities, you've got to build roads." - Cake

See all my lots on the STEX
And see my parking lot projects thread here and my mayor mode ploppables thread here

Earth quake

Splendid picture and river.
I want can see more. :thumbsup:

thingfishs

Hey hooha, just made it eh...,
lovely scene there, that's a great looking covered bridge; there was one is someone's entry but this one looks even better. Love the path in the bottom left...

hooha47

Welcome to Holden's Landing.  Located at the confluence of the Pudding and Jeremiah Rivers, it is a small town (slightly less than 2,000 inhabitants) whose economy is dependent on it's small town charms.  Old time shops and tree lined streets (especially gorgeous in the Fall) remind visitors of a simpler time.

First, an overview picture showing the whole town.

And another overview of the downtown area.

And another.

Here's a shot of the town hall, right next to the main city park and across the street from the business district.

And a reverse shot, showing the main business district.

And some more shots of the business district.

Here's the park, right next to the town hall, on the banks of the Pudding River.

And the church and cemetery across the street.

The Replogle Globe Factory (the only industry in town, besides farms).

And the farms.

Here's the baseball field, the covered road bridge and the pedestrian bridge over the Pudding River.

And here's the baseball field, school and general store.

A residential shot.

This is where the two rivers meet.

And here's a picture in the Fall.

And finally, here's the budget.

I hope you enjoy my little town.  I sure had a lot of fun making it.

And see my parking lot projects thread here and my mayor mode ploppables thread here

danielcote

Good job! I like the way you wound the paths through the park!

thingfishs

good job hooha,
I think the parallel parked cars look fantastic, man that adds a lot. I agree, love the paths, what are they (the plain grey ones, without the white edge) Also your gas/cafe combo, what's that? It reminds me of the canadian sitcom Corner Gas.

TheTeaCat

COMPETITION 1 - THE VILLAGE
ENTRIES CLOSE 3/12/2009 12 MIDNIGHT

Hi hooha47

We see you have completed your entry and it would appear to comply with
the rules of the competition.  :thumbsup:

In a few days, we will be copying your entry across to the Judging Board
where the SC4d public will select the winner by way of poll.

Good luck  :)

Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

hooha47

Thanks for the comments.  thingfishs, you nailed it.  That is "Corner Gas" by spa, available on the LEX.  This is from the description, "To clue in any non-Canadian out there that don't have a the slightest idea what I'm babbling about, Corner Gas is a hugely successful TV show in Canada and this is a BAT of the main set located in Rouleau, Saskatchewan."

Those paths are from a SimCityKurier, available here: http://kurier.simcityplaza.de/details.php?file=465

The parallel parking are my modified version of the SFBT Parking Lots available on the LEX.  I like the way they look as well.  They work much better than my parking lots in this small town.

jmyers2043

Hello Hooha

That is a very nice park. All the pictures are well done and I can tell you spent some time getting all the details on each picture just so. I like the stream you created. I can never get rocks to align as you do ... I need more practice I guess. You're certain to get a lot of votes as each and every snap is just icture perfect.

Good Luck.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)