• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

@Sim_Jesse: Sounds like you have some outdated files in your plugins folder. Do you have the NAM January 2008 Update installed? If not, please do so, and if it still doesn't work, refer to the troubleshooting guide that was included in the "Read Me First" file.
Andreas

Nucleofiel

Great Work RHW team :thumbsup:
Now i will never use those Maxis highways again.

mr.v

Quote from: recyclerman on January 02, 2008, 10:17:03 PM
I noticed after I installed the RHW v20 that my vanilla (Maxis) highway wasn't showing any traffic.  Has the Maxis highway been turned off in some way?

It only seems to be the orthogonal  stretches and not the diagonal.

Thanks,

Recyclerman

how to see that arrows :)

TopCliff

You need Buggi's (at ST) Extra Cheats Mod. One of the extra cheats is the DrawPaths Cheat, which allows you to see any networks paths for what it can take. You could see pedestrian paths and car paths and ferry paths (I think). I hope I was of any help to you.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

mr.v

Quote from: TopCliff on January 03, 2008, 11:03:34 AM
You need Buggi's (at ST) Extra Cheats Mod. One of the extra cheats is the DrawPaths Cheat, which allows you to see any networks paths for what it can take. You could see pedestrian paths and car paths and ferry paths (I think). I hope I was of any help to you.
oh thankyou :thumbsup:

TopCliff

Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

thundercrack83

Those textures look amazing, SA! Excellent job, my friend! Excellent job!

recyclerman

Quote from: Tarkus on January 02, 2008, 10:59:07 PM
Recyclerman, the Maxis Ground Highway was not turned off in any way as part of the RHW v20 modifications.  I've just tested it here on my end and the Maxis Ground Highways are working correctly for me. 

My guess is that you may have some other modification installed that somehow alters the Ground Highway orthogonal paths in that rather detrimental way.  (The exact path file would be an SC4Path file, Group 0xa966883f, Instance 0x0a001500).  My guess is that it would be a transit-related file of some variety (though stranger things have happened).  I'd try sorting through your Plugins to narrow it down.  When you figure out which file is causing the issue, I wouldn't mind taking a look at it.

-Alex

Thank you Tarkus.  You were right, I had some files that I had been working on at one time, trying to make a ground highway two lane off ramp.  Needless to say, it didn't work.    A good lesson for those who think it is easy to mod;  Be patient and leave it to the guys who know what they are doing - the NAM team!!

Thanks again, I'm off to play now!

Recyclerman

JoeST

Im just wondering , is there some slope moifiers included in the new RHW or is it somehow not based off the "drit road" netowork now? because it doesnt seem to be following the slopes as well as it did...its kinda not changing the terrain at all, and yes, the slope mod is in the folder x_mods... so it does load last

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Filasimo

if you are looking for decent slopes use the road tool and drag it down to smoothen the slope. a lil secret in getting a better slope while using a slope mod since some transit networks slope settings are off whack sometimes. also you can use the road tool as a mini levelling tool.  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

allan_kuan1992

Ahh... I wish I was still playing SimCity 4 Deluxe. My laptop however will probably die trying to load the game... There is so much new content here... >.< =(

- Allan Kuan

Mr_Pooter

Umm, I downloaded this, right after getting the NAM update, and I'm having problems. First of all, I can't get this RHW thing to work. I click on the tool thing (dunno what u call it...) and nothing comes up. It says to place it when the cursor changes from red to green, but the cursor just stays red... Help?

Another problem I noticed, which I think has more to do with the NAM update, is that I see 2 options for the avenue roundabout and the ANT network. I didn't look to see if there were any other doubles. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Tarkus

RHW v21 is underway . . . I've been working on getting the other form of the RHW-6, the RHW-6C, going again.  Here's the 6C and its transition to the RHW-4.

There will be more where that came from shortly.

Joe (star.torturer), the RHW is still based off the DirtRoad network (though the "ANT" moniker has been dropped).  There is a Network Placement Tuning Exemplar for the RHW/DirtRoad network included in the .dat, though, which controls the network's slope parameters.  Which slope mod are you using, by the way?  A number of popular ones don't affect the RHW/DirtRoad network.

Mr_Pooter, to answer your question, if you've got two Avenue Roundabout buttons and still have an "ANT Network", it sounds to me like you have some outdated files sitting around--that's the only thing that causes that "red cursor" issue.  Make sure you don't have any outdated transit mods laying around--I'd also suggest removing your NAM folder and re-installing the NAM and RHW.  Here's the order you should use (deviating from this will cause serious problems):

1. NAM June 2007
2. NAM Update January 2008
3. RHW (and any other standalone Plugins, like the SAM or bridges)

Hope that helps!

Back with more soon . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

JoeST

The one I am using is Ennedi's from his MD which should have an affect, the biggest too LOL

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Danthe

Fantasctic work  &apls
I wait on SA eurotextures impatiently, they look incredibly :thumbsup: They will look in juxtaposition with alley system homogeneously, it will be possible to make european highway due to that with interchanges.
And one question: if they will be available estacades puzzles over diagonal RHW way in the future? It scants it for complete system only ::)

Ennedi

Quote from: star.torturer on January 04, 2008, 12:10:52 AM
The one I am using is Ennedi's from his MD which should have an affect, the biggest too LOL

Joe

My slope mod includes an exemplar for Dirt Road = ANT = RHW. As I said in my MD it is a beta version, so I'm interested in any feedback from players using it.
Most other mods (BRF for instance) don't include this exemplar so they don't affect RHW at all. Bones1 mod includes it, but RHW placing parameters in this mod are not very restrictive.
Joe, if you could explain what is your problem, I will try to make this mod more comfortable for you (and others I hope  :)). You can do it in my MD or via PM.
One of my goals is to improve the RHW look (such network must look smooth in my opinion), but to make placing it more comfortable in the same time. These 2 goals are opposite and makins such mod is not easy (but I will try  :))
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Shadow Assassin

Teasing people some more. The MIS has been done [well, the basic set anyway], and I'm working on tweaking the puzzle pieces. You can see what the new colouring for the puzzle pieces looks like by looking at the tile under the overpass.

However, I don't know if I will even do the RHW 2 for this version...

The MIS, which has Ramp Type A's prelim texture done.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

tag_one

ohh I can't wait to download your textures Shadow Assassin, they are so wonderful  :thumbsup:

Ennedi

Excellent work SA, the difference between textures under the overpass and outside of it is practically invisible  &apls
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

bat

Yes, really wonderful work on these textures! :thumbsup: