• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

Seems like I have lost a few posts :o :o :o
Something amazing is going on here....

Mikey Knox

Can you explain please why some of my custom Stations have the new Textures and some of them don't? For example this BEAST of a Station (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/25834-main-railway-station-by-logan123456/) has absolutly no RRW Textures at all wile others of them have. And this one has a little Bug in it (http://i.imgur.com/EpxHSmj.jpg).

How can i fix this by myself (please note i know what the LOT Editor is and i made a little Forrestpark by myself but in no way i'm good with that Tool) ;D. Or will this be addressed in the Future?

Thx

mgb204

For the supported RRW Lot Textures to work, the original creator must have used the Rail Texture from Maxis when creating the lot, since those ID's are what are overridden by the NAM.

To fix any stations not using the Maxis texture IDs, simply open them in the Lot Editor and change to overlay textures to the Maxis ones on the appropriate tiles. Save the file, next time in game it will show RRW textures. This should be possible for normal straight and diagonal textures for STR and DTR stations.

Secondly, if a specific texture is not supported (the diagonal splitter) by overrides, it will show incorrectly as in your 2nd picture. This would require someone to make a suitable replacement texture, to my knowledge no such piece has been released. Is that the standard Maxis Large Rail Station (forget the exact name)? If so, I'll make a quick update and attach it here, since we should be covering all Maxis content at least.

Bear in mind, due to the nature of lotting, who know how many different textures exist or where they were used? It's impossible for the NAM team to resolve all of these problems for you. Whilst efforts are underway to provide the best coverage possible, a tiny amount of work in the LE would fix most of these issues easily if they bother you.

art128

The main station you used is using a custom texture pack not yet supported by the RRW. You can manually edit all the textures.. Or wait a bit since work is in progress. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Mikey Knox

Quote from: mgb204 on October 29, 2015, 09:18:28 AM
Is that the standard Maxis Large Rail Station (forget the exact name)?

Its the Grand Railroad Station from Maxis i think, i have so much custom Content i dont even know anymore what is Maxis and what is Custom  :)

I will try to fix some of the Stuff myself ;)

Mikey Knox

Quote from: art128 on October 29, 2015, 09:19:24 AM
The main station you used is using a custom texture pack not yet supported by the RRW. You can manually edit all the textures.. Or wait a bit since work is in progress. ;)

All the Lots who have missing RRW Textures are using the same 2 Texture Replacers, the  Rail Yard and Spur Mega Pak 1 version 2 2 / and the  Rail Yard and Spur Textures Mega Pack 1 1.

Link:  http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/22325-rail-yard-and-spur-mega-pak-1-version-2/?tab=comments
        http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/15976-rail-yard-and-spur-textures-mega-pack-1/

I dont know how to edit these, so i will wait, its not THAT big of a deal, just looks strange. Like you said, work in Progress :)

Thx for the Help

jdenm8

If I recall correctly, the Railyard and Spur pack was excluded deliberately. The RRW has somewhat restrictive (and, admittedly, self-imposed) design standards and these don't have the flexibility that NCD's packs would require.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

noahclem

A new set of railyard textures was planned to work alongside RRW from pretty early days but unfortunately nothing has come of it yet. I don't recall a definitive position on what was to be done with the existing railyard textures but lot textures in general were intended to be upgraded to RRW spec to facilitate the continued use of all the old stations and such. Since upgrading the NCD textures does nothing to prevent more ideal and fully RRW-compliant textures being made later I think it only makes sense to do. A lot or perhaps the majority of the textures don't break the turning radii limits and the 4-track-per-tile system might even be ideal for RRW yards. The alternative of 3 tracks per tile was what we had planned on for RRW yards but it borders on unrealistically spread out and existing automata seems to more or less universally support the 4 track system. 7 tracks per 2 tiles might be the most realistic solution but would require a significant amount of extra complexity.

One question/suggestion from me: would it make sense to have the save "x" switch geometry in railyards that is used with those STR switch textures recently shown?

art128

It is with great pleasure that I move this fantastic development thread to the Of Special Interest This Month section for the special month of November, SC4Devotion's birthday month. Let us all have a fantastic month in the presence of the finest Modder, Congratulations, eggman121!

Props & Texture Catalog

Gugu3

Wow!can't wait to see what's going on ;) maybe something on the ERRW? :P

fefenc

Amazing, I'm not a railroad guy and I can't wait to use these gems in my future cities. I'm back to Simcity 4 :D

Looks like I've missed too much while I was enjoying Cities Skylines, for some reason, that game doesn't have THAT thing SC4 has until now :0

roadgeek

eggman121

Thanks for all the enthusiasm and excitement about the new workings  ;D

Here is a video That I made which showcases the FlexTrack in a City Environment. This is to make up for the inaction on my part for the OSITM this year.

https://www.youtube.com/v/XcCTIddGNW4

Thanks for all the kind words  :)

-eggman121

compdude787

Nice video! This could also double as a city tour that could be posted in your MD if you want.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

roadgeek

art128

Neat video, Eggman.. I'm excited to test this new Flextrack once it has been made available... :)
Any chance for the overhead lines to follow not too long after? It's really a shame to see some nice tracks without any electrification.. :/

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

Fantastic video !! Your work with RRW is amazing, I can't imagine how big is your dedication creating textures, testing, modding, etc... Thanks  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

c.p.

Congrats on the OSITM.  &apls This is a great project.  I'm looking forward to using it eventually.

jessilaurn

I have to say, the video from Eggman is marvelous; it's like having an extensive N-gauge model railroad without the ridiculous expense and space issues.  Bravo!

eggman121

Thanks for all the kind reply's  :)

Here is another FlexTrack piece that is in development.

Finally found a way to make an A2 diagonal Turnout.

There will be more diagonal pieces coming along in the future.

-eggman121