• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flatron

Well, I was not talking about four tracks on one tile, but about placing two 45° curves adjacent to each other in a way that makes it possible to run 2 double track lines parallel and directly next to each other. just like the 45° curves that are possible with the RHW.

Kuewr665

I did think that functionality would be useful. Also for splitting parallel lines. However, with single tile wider networks planned I doubt they will be useful for long.

This is late, but on using T21s to add retaining walls I do think it would be a good idea, but I have no idea how it will prevent the other side of the development from getting walls, especially unusual if multiple tracks are parallel.

weixc812

So, any news for us Willy?
We don't want to lose this great project since we've been going this far.  ::)
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Swordmaster

Quote from: Flatron on September 09, 2013, 02:35:29 PM
Well, I was not talking about four tracks on one tile, but about placing two 45° curves adjacent to each other in a way that makes it possible to run 2 double track lines parallel and directly next to each other. just like the 45° curves that are possible with the RHW.

Running two of those curves next to each other was something I was trying to include in the draggable setups. See this for something similar.

Quote from: weixc812 on September 17, 2013, 07:39:21 PM
So, any news for us Willy?
We don't want to lose this great project since we've been going this far.  ::)

No news for the time being. Don't worry, though ;)

Cheers
Willy

Flatron

That's great :) especially for tight, mountainous areas, where the approach to a station might need to be curved.

gn_leugim

don't press the man, he has a L(w)ife you know? :p

take your time ;)

Kuewr665

Agreed.

This is possibly more of a RAM thing, but will there be a line crossover for this piece or does this function without one?

FlyHigh

First of, what an amazing project!  :thumbsup:

Even though I troll these forums a lot I managed to miss this one somewhow. And what a miss!

Willy your work thus far is looking pretty awesome, from the textures to the fix and tricks to make the game's railway closer to real life. As a railway fan and future worker, this was something well overdue!

Keep it up, I'll be following this mod's development closely.  ;D
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

Indiana Joe

Willy, I hope you don't mind me posting some content, but it's nothing you haven't revealed already.  People seem antsy for news anyway.

I just wanted to point out and compliment how smooth the rail network looks thanks to your new curve geometry.  It's really a whole new look compared to before.  Good call.   &apls

(Onlookers note that everything pictured is draggable)

Simcoug

Mr.Lin

Can't wait to see its final version !
That's really awesome !
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

Flatron

figui

first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Gugu3

vester

Geometry123

I think my jaw fell off due to excessive drooling... :D :D :D
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

FrankU

I think I will wait with starting my new region until this is finished. Soo good!  &apls

Aaron Graham

Wow!!!!!! I want them now!!!! :O

Wonderful job guys!!!  :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

RepublicMaster

Kuewr665

I especially like that 135-degree curve in the first picture! Would be useful for providing minor tracks there.