• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tutorial: Making underbridge content through lot resizing

Started by metasmurf, December 02, 2006, 08:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metasmurf

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i guess it will do :) Anyway, here's a tutorial on how to get rid of annoying green space where it doesn't belongs. It should be pretty easy to acomplish if you have sme basic lot editor knowledge.

Here's an industrial area, don't we just hate that green space underneath the nam pieces? Well that's about to change.

Step1: Make a 1x1 lot to place next to the nam pieces, in this case i used industrial base and overlay textures since it's going to be in an industrial area.

Step 2:Now, plop in in the game like this:

Step 3: Go back into lot editor and resize your lot, in this case i will have to change the height to 2 tiles.

And here's the result:

If you are a perfectionist, you can also make road/street/rail or whatever transitenabled lots and to the same thing to get sidewalks underneath nam pieces instead of the small grass pieces on the sides.

Also, you can do filler lots underneath regular bridges.

Credits to Badsim at simphoni for learning me this.

bat

TheTeaCat

Now thats a neat trick. ;D

Great, clear, concise tutorial. :thumbsup:

Nice one Metasmurf.  :thumbsup:

Putting the kettle on for you dude

:satisfied:

PS Welcome to SC4Devotion ;D
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Alfred.Jones

Sim City 4 Devotion

Alek King of SC4

wow amazing way to fake it without overhanging props i love this trick thanks

emilin

That is genious! So simple, so very, very usefull. Thanks alot!

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jeronij

Hi meta, I did miss this thread ... :-[ .... I think this is a great idea  :thumbsup: . The only drawback I can see is the time it can take the whole process with 1.7 GB in my plugins folder  ::) !! . But this gives me some ideas...
And a question: Did you try this with standard bridges as well ?¿. or only with NAM pieces ?¿...just curiosity  ;)

I forgot to say you THANKS for sharing this with us  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

meinhosen

Quote from: metasmurf on December 02, 2006, 08:31:04 AM

Also, you can do filler lots underneath regular bridges.

Quote from: jeronij on December 11, 2006, 04:59:40 AM

And a question: Did you try this with standard bridges as well ?¿. or only with NAM pieces ?¿...just curiosity  ;)

LOL.  It was there the entire time jer.   :P

metasmurf: that's an awesome trick.  It's so simple and so effective.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

jeronij

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

metasmurf

Quote from: jeronij on December 11, 2006, 04:59:40 AM
Hi meta, I did miss this thread ... :-[ .... I think this is a great idea  :thumbsup: . The only drawback I can see is the time it can take the whole process with 1.7 GB in my plugins folder  ::) !! . But this gives me some ideas...

I forgot to say you THANKS for sharing this with us  ;D

Yeah it works with regular bridges aswell. Though, transit enabled lots wont work underneath it, only visually, i tried but it didn't work sadly, otherwise we would have gotten underbridge roads  &mmm

Ajax

Naryanna

Darn interesting trick you showed us here! Thank you very much for this shall definetly be useful.

rooker1

This happens to be similiar to a lot request I just made yesterday. 
A question, you make the 1x1 lot, go to the game and lay them down where needed, leave the game, change that lot to 1x2, go back to the game and the original lot you made becomes 1x2 automatically or do you have to relay it down?
Call me Robin, please.

Serkanner

Quote from: rooker1 on February 16, 2007, 05:51:28 AM
This happens to be similiar to a lot request I just made yesterday. 
A question, you make the 1x1 lot, go to the game and lay them down where needed, leave the game, change that lot to 1x2, go back to the game and the original lot you made becomes 1x2 automatically or do you have to relay it down?

It becomes 1x2 automatically, you dont have to ( can't really ) relay the lots.

rooker1

I see, thanks for the quick response, it's much appreciated.
Call me Robin, please.

sarungman

so, every when we want to make underbridge filler we start from 1x1 custom lot, and locate it next to the bridge.... after that run again LE and expand the tile.... is that what u mean?? but how if i buldoze the bridge..., can i lay a bridge over the "modified underbridge filler lot" without resize it into 1x1 again????

sorry, i have not tested it yet.... my SC4 wont run after i update with SKU patch..... :'(
:::=:::=:::=:::=:::=:::

please wait for my return :D
-AsianEvolusioner AKA Sarungman

KatHuntoon

I sure wish that the pic from step 2 was not missing. . .some of us understand pictures better that words alone. . .