• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SFBT Releases

Started by Andreas, April 27, 2007, 04:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Update notice

The following files have been updated in order to fix various bugs and issues, some of them also have new content, as following:

SFBT Essentials

The SFBT Essentials have been updated to the March 2009 version. They include various new props by voltaic, as well as new GLR textures and paths for upcoming SFBT Tram stations. Make sure to install the update soon, otherwise, you won't be able to use the new releases that will be published soon.

GLR Tram Mod

chrisim fixed a TE bug that affected the GLR-in-Avenue station. Some people have reported that no trams were using the stations, this should have been fixed now. The ZIP file also contains some patches that will increase the capacity of the stations - install those into the GLR Tram Mod installation folder if you're using a radical Traffic Plugin (such as "Z Ultra").

Gasthaus Maria

The growable lot had a bug that prevented it from growing. This has been fixed.

Historic Tram Station

The Historic Tram Station had the same issue as the GLR Tram Mod. Apart from High Transit Capacity plugins, I also added a new diagonal tram station lot. Make sure to install the updated SFBT Essentials.

Ahrweiler Station

Some people reported that their Sims didn't use the stations. I lowered the Transit Switch Entry Cost a bit, so they should work fine now.

Commuter Stations

Some people reported that their Sims didn't use the stations. I lowered the Transit Switch Entry Cost a bit, so they should work fine now.
Andreas

ScottFTL

Thanks for the updates, Andreas.

I think you uploaded the German installer for the lastest SFBT Essentials.  Same great props, but the readme is difficult - for me, at least.   ;D

Andreas

Whoops, you're right, I put the wrong file into the ZIP - I'll correct that in a second. But the actual props and textures are exactly the same, so you don't need to download the file again just for the readme. :)
Andreas

Andreas

SFBT Dentei Tram Stops by chrisim

NOB's Dentei models are probably the oldest BATs that resembled a typical tram or light rail station. Back then, they were used on some rail lots and worked as passenger rail station, since the GLR weren't invented yet. NOB also created some transit enabled lots with rail textures that had  narrow curves and intersections, much like the more "modern" GLR puzzle pieces. Although lot designers used his models for various other lots, there was never a set that covered both the orthogonal and diagonal models, and there was esp. one station missing: a diagonal GLR-in-Avenue station.

Over the past few months, the knowledge about transit enabled lots and multifunctional stations has increased dramatically, rigid testing has been done by the RTMT Team and SFBT member chrisim in particular in order to weed out the remaining bugs with those stations. One slight bug remains, sometimes, emergency vehicles can't seem to pass the diagonal station, but otherwise, the functionality should be complete. The GLR-in-Avenue stations also serve as a bus station, the diagonal version has some (eye-candy) bus bays to represent this. Please make sure to update to the latest SFBT Essentials (released yesterday), otherwise you will have missing paths and textures.

SFBT Tram-in-Road Tram Stops by chrisim

It's been a while since Tram-in-Road (T-RAM) has become available, and people were constantly asking for stations. As with the Dentei stations, there were still some bugs that had to be fixed, but after weeks of testing, those stations should be finally working as intended. This set contains three different sized stations, so there should be one for every situation. Use the 1x1 station for minimum blocking of residential zones and tram mods that only have one car, and the larger stations if you prefer the multiple car GLR trains.

Both the Dentei stations and this set feature special high capacity plugins that can be found inside the ZIP file that was uploaded. Those files have modified building exemplar files that multiply the capacity by a factor of about 3.5, use those if you're using a more radical Traffic Plugin (such as "Z Ultra") that increase the capacity of the transit networt notably. For each lot, there's one additional DAT, simply put those DATs into the installation folder manually, keeping the original lot file. Do not try to install a capacity mod if the original lot is not installed, this will lead to missing menu icons.

SFBT Roundabout Fillers by voltaic

Roundabouts have become very popular among the NAM users (esp. those from Europe, I'd assume ;) ), so here are two roundabout fillers that fit in perfectly in the center tile of the 3x3 oneway road roundabout. They are designed after typical roundabouts that are common in the rural areas of Germany, Austria or Switzerland. Obviously, more designs are possible; if you don't like the flowers or want to use a different item in the center, feel free to edit those lots for your personal needs. The roundabout center prop can be found in the latest version of the SFBT Essentials, all objects that should be placed on this prop will have to be rised a bit in the Lot Editor.

Andreas

JoeST

oh they'r looking nice !!! :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

sithlrd98

Looking good Andreas and the SFBT team! &apls Can't have too many roundabout fillers.....can you?

Jayson

Pat

Andreas these are awesome!!! I like the Gasthaus Maria the most so far and I cant wait to get home to use it...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

wouanagaine

Great releases ! I like the paved roundabout a lot, looks like the one near my house

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

FrankU

Wow!
Thanks a lot for these additions.

Dino007

Are there any extra dependencies for fillers because I have both.
TIGR

exziviben

You need the new SFBT Essentials with the voltaicprops.

Andreas

SFBT Swiss Railway Station by voltaic

This is a typical rural railway station, as it can be found in many Swiss villages and towns. There isn't really anything fancy about the lot, it just represents the typical charme of those stations. :)

SFBT Coop Gas Station by voltaic

Yet another BAT that was created by SFBT member voltaic, with the Swiss brand "Coop", which also owns a chain of supermarkets and home improvement stores. The download contains two different lots, both growable and ploppable versions.

SFBT ARAL Gas Station by royal

The ARAL gas station has been available since quite some time at SimCityKurier, but for some reason, I didn't upload it to the LEX so far. So now here it is, and like the Coop station, the download also contains two versions of both growable and ploppable lots. A 1x1 ploppable lot with a large ARAL sign can be used to plop next to a highway exit or similar.

Andreas

gardenwong

why I can't use the lot-editor to edit the SFBT dentei and SFBT tram mod station? ()what() ()what()
it said that the lot that I choose are not installed in my computer but I have already installed them and can use them in the game  ()what()
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

Andreas

Opening them in the LE works for me - I just entered "dentei" in the search field of the "open a lot" dialog box, picked the SFBT Dentei station, and it opened fine. Do you get the same error with all SFBT tram stations?
Andreas

gardenwong

Quote from: Andreas on April 20, 2009, 02:40:25 AM
Opening them in the LE works for me - I just entered "dentei" in the search field of the "open a lot" dialog box, picked the SFBT Dentei station, and it opened fine. Do you get the same error with all SFBT tram stations?
I choose the dentei:

then show me this &cry2

and also the SFBT tram mod station
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

Andreas

Hmm, I haven't seen this message ever before, but by any chance, are the dependency files in the plugins folder while you try to open the lot? Or maybe you set the lot file write-protected? Try removing all other custom content except for the dependencies and the lot file(s) that you want to edit from your plugins folder and see if the message still shows up.
Andreas

gardenwong

I have alredy remove other plugin files but just leave the NAM/SFBT files
I alos check the File that it wasn't set into write-protected......
but it still show me the same message..... &cry2
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

Swamper77

The issue seems to be based on the version of the Lot Editor itself. The one that you get from SimCity.com can't open transit-enabled Lots while the one you get with the installation of SC4BAT can. The latter is found in a zip file after the installation of SC4BAT for GMAX. The version number of the one provided by the SC4BAT installation is 1.0.12.0.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

gardenwong

Quote from: Swamper77 on April 20, 2009, 07:07:16 AM
The issue seems to be based on the version of the Lot Editor itself. The one that you get from SimCity.com can't open transit-enabled Lots while the one you get with the installation of SC4BAT can. The latter is found in a zip file after the installation of SC4BAT for GMAX. The version number of the one provided by the SC4BAT installation is 1.0.12.0.

-Jan
Oh...I see
I have updated the LE and now it can work
Thank you very much
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

Andreas

SFBT Village Church by voltaic

This small church was created by voltaic a while ago, based on a church in Czech Republic. The seasonal flora and the colorful nightlighting add a nice contrast to the otherwise rather uniform grey of the building, adding a nice touch in your rural areas.

SFBT Criminal Investigation Department (CID) Headquarters by Praiodan

Praiodan modeled this building after a real building in Cologne. While discussing the BAT at SimForum, we thought that it would make a great police headquarters, so it was modded with properties that are even higher than the deluxe police headquarters that comes with Rush Hour, covering a good part of a large city (with adjusted properties, of course). The dispatch radius has been increased as well, so it should work better to fight back the "large lot crime bug" that the game is suffering from.

SFBT Frohnau Radio Tower by ArkenbergeJoe

For many years, Berlin had a second large communications tower apart from the Berlin TV Tower, which is also included in the game as a landmark. The Frohnau Radio Tower was used to transmit telephone calls from West Berlin to the Federal Republic of Germany, across the territory of the former German Democratic Republic. Just a few weeks ago, it was finally torn down, due to high maintenance costs in a time when it was no longer needed. Many inhabitants from the northern Berlin are still sad that they lost a distinctive landmark, which also had the hightest inhabitable room in the whole European Union, at a height of 325 m.

The tower itself stood at 358 m, only ten meters less than the TV tower. It was demolished at February 8th, 2009, but now it can live on as a landmark in SimCity 4. :) ArkenbergeJoe modded it as a reward and also added some special features to the query window. Some of you might remember the warning siren from SC3000, which you were able to use during disasters - now the siren button is finally, back, included in the query of the Frohnau Radio Tower. Also, please note that the original lot has been left pretty blank on purpose, the birch trees that you can see on the LEX screenshots have been placed via the Mayor Mode tree button. Feel free to decorate the lot to your own liking in your game.

Andreas