• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Some American Football fields

Started by Chrisadams3997, September 28, 2007, 11:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlark

I really, really want your football fields, Chris. I'm starting on a scale recreation of Jackson, MS and its the most popular game by far around these parts.

Heck, football is like a religion in the Mid-South, Pat Riot. My college has 1000 students and at our last home game we had 2200 fans fill the small stadium. Nearby is Jackson State University's field, a university of 20,000 students or so, and they are at standing room only in a 60,000 capacity field right now. That's why I'm home today-I don't like fighting the traffic.  :D

Cheers,
Kevin

Chrisadams3997

lol, that's impressive, three times the student population, and you know not all the students go to all the games.  At Texas A&M we have some (guestimate here) 45K students and will typically get crowds in the 80,000's though it's been above 90,000 if I'm not mistaken, but that's still only twice the student population.

Anyway, here's what I've been tinkering around with for another track and field, close up shot ;D

I think the colors compliment each other quite nice.  spent an hour just tinkering with the orange track to get it just right.

Chris

Travis

Wow, another one? You're on a roll.  :thumbsup:

NASCAR_Guy

Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

Travis

Quote from: NASCAR_Guy on September 29, 2007, 06:31:05 PM
isn't the gridiron supposed to be smaller? ???
You're right, but the Maxis soccer field is under-scaled.  ;)

XiahouDun

Quote from: Travis on September 29, 2007, 06:38:10 PM
You're right, but the Maxis soccer field is under-scaled.  ;)
Part right. Soccer fields range from 90-120 meters long.
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

Chrisadams3997

Heh, underscaled is an understatement.  Those who've looked at the lots I'm making over in the candidacy thread might know I'm making the basic fields in two size, one on a 5x3 footprint to match the maxis fields.  My field for that lot is 74x42 meters or about 81x46 yards.  That's about 2/3 of the actually length of a football field(120x53.333 yards or about 109.7x49 meters,) and it's still larger than the Maxis field.

Even my larger 'RL scale' fields aren't actually full sized, as they are 100 yards in length, but the full width(92x49 meters), .  In Maxis's defense, fields that are properly sized actually come out looking way too long because of the perspective you see it from.  Same kind of principle why buildings have to be made taller than they actually are to look right.  But they still fudged big time of the length.

Chrisadams3997

Yep, it's a double post, but I really wanted to share a few new pics.  I'm all but done at this point(last render is half way done as I speak :thumbsup:, then redo a few Ltexts, and readme's %wrd), so here's some, well, almost finalized pictures of my lot's I've put together.  Any criticism is quite welcome and encouraged ;).

These three are a prop family on one lot.

Not a prop family, separate lot.

And here's some new pictures of Albriet Stadium, which I haven't really showed in this thread yet, though you might have seen it around.

It's kind of my baby.  My first major Bat project.  Finally about to be released :).

Till next time,
Chris

DFire870

Great job once again Chris, and I can't wait until this is released. Will you be doing other specific football fields like Albriet Stadium later?
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Zaphod

So realistic you can smell the nachos and porta potties!

I was in band in high school and loved going to games and things like that, even though I really don't like football to be honest...

Its funny, there is just something cool about that time of year and seeing parts of your state you would never ever go to normally. When else do you get to have rock thrown at you in SW Dallas? Or sit next to your girlfriend on a broken down bus stuck between Sweetwater and Brownwood at 2 am which is out in the middle of f'ing nowhere
War Kittens !?

Chrisadams3997

Dfire:  I've got a few things in mind, but they won't be coming about until I get a few things done with the RRP

Zaphod:  Glad I brought back some memories ;)

Chris

thundercrack83

Wow! Albriet Stadium looks fantastic, my friend! It could double as a high-school or university stadium! I can't wait until its release! Great job!

Andreas

Nice update - the additional work was definitely worth the effort! I'll probably use only one of two of those, since I tend to create more European-looking cities, but they're a more than welcome addition to the game. :)
Andreas

Pat Riot

damn thats a texas sized stadium  :P

I made a wooden bleachers stand for travis, but i should of been thinking on texas terms. i was on massachusetts brain still  ;D

Chrisadams3997

lol, I've told you football is big in Texas.  The size is no exaggeration, it's based very closely on the shape and size of Bryan High's football stadium:

Although it actually sits on earthen embankments(the ring you see on the NW side of the field is a continuation of that) instead of having a structure underneath like Albriet.  The inspiration for that came from this pic:

Don't even know what or where it's from, but I liked the architecture and style, though I certainly modified it considerably :).

Travis

That's hillarious, this is my high school's football field. This is in Florida, by the way...

No joke.  :P A whopping 30 seat capacity.  :D That is, if you can even see the 3 10-seat bleachers...

XiahouDun

Some of these look like the field at the high school I graduated from (and played at). :thumbsup: They just lack the press box, concession stands (top and bottom left buildings), and the lights.

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

Chrisadams3997

While were at it

Is it a bird, a plane.... oh, yea, so Houma, LA(where I actually went to high school) seems to be the last place in the continental US were you can't spot a fly on a cow's a** with google maps ???.  That's as close as you can get, which frustrates me greatly because we actually have a nice concrete stadium, similair in size to Albriet as well, but I don't have any pictures of it.  If you look in between the arrows you can see the outline of the track however...  :D

I'll actually be down there next weekend though, so I'm going to try to get some pictures of it.

Travis:  How big of a school?

XiahouDun:  hmm, that wouldn't be that hard to do....

Pat Riot

alright I minus well share.

Heres my schools- the importance of high school football is nowhere near that of texas/penn, but games are still a pretty big social event.

Notice how tiny the bleachers are? there are also some small ones on the other side, barely visible. we do have a good snack bar, and a lot of standing room and room to play football. idk what that building in the back is, its like storage/lockers/ and the scoreboard.

XiahouDun

Quote from: Chrisadams3997 on October 01, 2007, 02:44:18 PM
XiahouDun:  hmm, that wouldn't be that hard to do....
:D

If you are curious btw, there are about 3,000 students in the school. Also, slightly ironic that Pat Riot said Penn, since thats the name of the school (in Indiana). And whats with all these small fields? ??? Thats the middle school I went to, complete with lights (no bathrooms or concession stands though). The middle school is directly across the street from the high school.