• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Truly NUTS: Cali at BAT

Started by Cali, February 26, 2011, 10:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

I have some nice concrete textures and I'll see how much of a mess I can make out of them in the next few days, Cali. *Obsessive compulsive? Not moi! Hey, there's a little black smudge there I need to get rid of. Never mind that you can't see it in game. I know it's there and I won't be able to sleep tonight.* :D

I've spent much of today getting my old computer set up on its new desk so I can do some lotting. It still has Win XP on it so I can run PIMX which I cannot do in Win 7 SP1. Looks like you're doing some good lotting yourself. It's the details that count, and and you're placing them well.

-Joan

Cali

Sorry, I was taking some down time to figure out my next project(after I'm done with the couple I have right now...lol. Anyways, I changed the ground texture so only one pic today. As Far as the model goes, I am finished, If anyone wants to tweak it, feel free, just let me know and I'll upload it :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

jmyers2043

Hi Cali

I like the glare of the sun on the big doors. Have you done a test render and got into the game to judge scale? The earlier you do it the less last minute scaling you'll have to do.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Jmouse

Cali, you're going to shoot me for this: Nuts' should be Nut's, and either take out the period after R, or add a period after V. See there, I'm not O.C. at all! ?=mad)=

And Jim is right about the scale. Barby once told me to include a few Sims on the lot, too, in order to judge scale. You can remove them before saving the lot if you want to.

Cali

ok, as far as scale goes i put it in game without the base texture. The gleam off the bay doors was part of the texture i used. (See Attachment) I scaled it in the ingame shots
pretty close?

and I changed the text :)

jmyers2043

Cali

Thanks for the door texture. It might come in handy someday.    :thumbsup:   

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Cali

Jmouse

And I thank you for the texture, too, Cali. Now I'll have to learn how to make one for my other windows.

I didn't notice the fence before, but it's an excellent idea. Even though this is a 24/7 operation, those big rigs need to be behind a security fence. Some lights out back might be a good idea, too. I like the school buses, but I would separate them.

Your work keeps improving every time I see it, and you're starting to teach the rest of us a thing or two. ;)

-Joan

Cali

well i had no intention of keeping this lot. But I'm glad you like it. Most if not all truck repair shops are fenced in protect the loads that are in the trailers. The guard shack is a bit much..lol. I'll put more lights out back to see. I may keep this lot :)

Cali

this is the concrete texture for the base

A/C unit

Brick Texture

Enjoy :)

Cali

ok, while I am patiently waiting for what to do after I completed a model, I have been working on a couple others. Yes the Willcox house will be  done within a day or so(as far as texturing it) So as a filler to pass the time I have been dabbling around this simple empty building that we've all seen in RL, but hardly ever In SC4...Unless you tax them to death. So here ya go :)

Ol.S / Benoit

Nice one ! I really like the textures :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Jmouse

Cali, sorry I've been neglecting you. I have some "homework" to do, but I should be finished by Friday night and back in here Saturday. You definitely should keep the repair shop. If there are any others on the LEX, I don't know about them, and I would be pleased to use it in Atascocita.

What is this newest model? I can't read the sign. The roof texture looks good. Did you make it yourself in PS? The shingle texture looks good, too. I like the variation in colors. Except for some roof junk, this BAT is close to being finished.

Good work... :thumbsup:
-Joan

Cali

hello all, I worked on the abandonded building today and I like it better now. I fixed the sign the best that I can without it being totally unrealistic and added a little bit of roof junk.

EDIT*- I removed 2 of the AC units(4 was too many I thought) And I'll post another pic tomorrow :)

threestooges

One thing I would suggest with the sign, and also with the A/C units, is, for the sign, to add a back panel to it, so the texture isn't seen back there: right now, we can see it, and it's backwards. Perhaps a plane with a few support pieces to suggest a structure for it. With the A/C units, perhaps make a plane (flush up against the side, or just away from it by maybe .01 to avoid overlap of textures), and use that for the control panel side and get a texture that's different for the other sides. Most HVAC units have their meters and all on one side, the top tends to have fans, or other features, right now your texture is repeated on all sides of it.

Aside from that, I like the idea of an empty building for the game, a few versions of it could help simulate a modern day ghost town, or area fighting depression.
-Matt

Jmouse

There isn't much I can add to Matt's assessment, Jason. I agree we need some "For Sale" signs and neglected buildings. Every town and city has them, even in a good economic atmosphere. I don't know if anyone would notice the HVAC textures or lack of fan grills, but it's a good idea to go ahead and change these details anyway. I didn't notice, but I don't do commercial.