• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Uniform Street Lighting Mod (USL) - Support Thread

Started by kodlovag, March 01, 2011, 04:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kodlovag

This is the support thread for the

Uniform Street Lighting Mod (USL).

Feel free to ask questions if you have any problems, or post here if you found any bugs.

This mod is replacing the lamp posts and cones on road based networks. The goal is to create uniformly lit roads and therefore a much more realistic night scene.

USL adds new and replaces existing in-game and NAM T21 network lots responsible for appearance of street and roadsides, avenue medians, roadside light poles etc. Also adds new light pole props and overwrites in-game ones. USL does not add or modify any textures, and therefore compatible to any sidewalk or road texture replacement mod.

The mod comes with a detailed readme, please read it. It will answer many of your questions.

Download links
Simtropolis: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/25925-uniform-street-lighting-mod/

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

- 1. $$$ avenues appear blank, without any props:  This problem is caused by installing "T21 Mods Addons\T21_PEG_UtopianAve_Lights.dat". If you don't have the PEG Utopian Avenues Mods, do not install this file.

Development thread
SC4 Devotion Forums > NAM Place > Uniform street lighting add on

Planned new features for the next release
- Supporting SAM - [in progress - 15%]
- Supporting intersections - [work started]
- Supporting tram in road and tram in avenue
- Classic lamp post set - [in progress - 60%]

Compatible RHW lighting solutions
Street Lights for Elevated and Diagonal RHW-4 and MIS by Biriali
RHW Lights and Barriers 1 by Xyloxadoria
Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

hiigarar

A great mode and well have only two question.

I started having problems having on larger roads streetlightoffset and Usl-peg started showing. Can you help?

Also how to plop different colours.

kodlovag

Quote from: hiigarar on March 01, 2011, 11:19:29 AM
A great mode and well have only two question.

I started having problems having on larger roads streetlightoffset and Usl-peg started showing. Can you help?

Can you please show a screenshot?
If you installed USL_Lights_LightCones_Bright.dat, then you may find minor glitches in the lighting, like brightest points appear halfway between the poles. If this is the problem, then try to delete the file USL_Lights_LightCones_Bright.dat and use the USL_Lights_LightCones_Uniform.dat instead. Anyway, install only one of those files!

PEG Utopian lights can only show up, if you have the PEG Utopian Avenues Mods installed. If you have, be sure that USL loads later. If you don't have, but installed "T21 Mods Addons\T21_PEG_UtopianAve_Lights.dat", then remove this dat, otherwise you get brown boxes and empty $$$ avenues.
Please keep the inside directory structure of the mod, files in directory "T21 Mods Addons\" must load after files in directory "T21 Mods\" to ensure correct overwriting order.

And please read the included pdf readme on how to install this mod, then these problems won't appear.

Also how to plop different colours.

Every lights are automatically applied, you cannot plop anything. Colors can be selected per network. There are 6 color versions, you can find them in the directories "USL Prop Sets\KOD Maxis Set\COLOR".
Install only one COLOR directory, or you can select files individually from the different COLOR directories, but you can only have one color version file from each Lights_NETWORK_COLOR.dat
If you installed a full directory, then all of your lights will have the same color.
If you mixed the colors, specific networks can have different lights.

kodlovag

Thanks to the moderators for moving this thread to sticky.

No problem.  ;) - Robin

sbraffa

hi
i'm a total noob
i cleared al my plugins to install this
but it doesn't work for me
it doens't work at all

after clear all my plugins, i've disinstalled the game and then renstalled it
the installed NAM and NAM WIDENDIG MOD
the set your mod
but it deosn't eork at all

i've installed all the t21 bridges, all the 21 lights , the uniform and the cones
not installed the ones for utopia

sorry for my terrible english, but if you could esplain me exactly what to do i'd appreciate

THANKS

kodlovag

hi

OK, let's see how to help you.

At first you need RushHour or Delux version of the game, this is required for the NAM too.
Then install the NAM Version 29 and the Network Widening Mod.

Copy the whole ZZZ_USL_v1 directory into .\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\ . You can find the NAM there too.
Now delete the T21 Mods Addons directory, you don't need it.
Then delete USL_Lights_LightCones_Bright.dat
If you don't have the Turning Lanes Extension Mod (TuLEP), the delete T21 Mods\T21_TuLEP_Lights.dat
Go to USL Prop Sets\KOD Maxis Set\ . Select one color what you want to see in the game, and delete all the others.

Now the mod is ready for your game.

Start the game.
Go to Graphical Options, and set Details to High. Otherwise the game doesn't show most of the props, and many lights too.
Load an existing city.
Switch to night mode.
You must see the new lights.

Be sure, that the tile has power. No lights without power.
Clicking on the roads with the road tool will update them and get the uniform lights.

Does it work now? If yes, what was the problem? It might be included in the FAQ.

sbraffa

i made the same things and didn't work
coz you missed to say this Be sure, that the tile has power. No lights without power.

now it works, and man, it's truly amzing
thanks for the hel and for your work
people like you made this game endless not maxis

hijodecordoba

hi there...

i saw your great on ST a while ago and i would love to have it but I wasn't sure about the installation. today it downloaded it and tried it. I deleted what is not needed and kept was is needed. i started the game and the light poles became visible but than i moved the map to go from end to the other and i noticed, that the lights disappaered and appeared again... then I saw why. there was something like a cloudy dark layer that covers the light cones. in some places they were visible trough the "cloud" though...
now i wonder if there might be any coincidences with other modds? how do i influence that your mod loads at last?

thanks for your help

kodlovag

Quoteand i noticed, that the lights disappaered and appeared again... then I saw why. there was something like a cloudy dark layer that covers the light cones. in some places they were visible trough the "cloud" though...

Can you please insert a screenshot?

Quotehow do i influence that your mod loads at last?

Files are loaded first, then subfolders. Loading order is alphabetical (a-z, A-Z, case sensitive!). That's why I named the mod folder to ZZZ_USL_v1. If you placed it under the Plugin, it probably will be the last one to load. My plugin folder looks something like this (
  • is directory):
    [A_Dependencies]
    [Airport]
    [Lots]
    [Network Addon Mod]
    [PEG]
    [SFBT]
    [Terrain]
    [transport]
    [Z_Mods]
    Extra_cheats_plugin.dll

So the dll loads fist, as this is the only file in the Plugins, then the directories in the above order. Same rules are applied for subdirectories. (I keep my USL under the Z_Mods directory.)

kodlovag

Quote from: sbraffa on April 09, 2011, 07:14:55 AM
i made the same things and didn't work
coz you missed to say this Be sure, that the tile has power. No lights without power.

Actually it is stated in the readme under the section How to use it in game – Tips & Tricks.
This is a built in feature in the game, and doesn't come from my mod. As far as I know there is no any nightlighting without power.

hijodecordoba

Thank you very much. in the meantime I figured out, that this dark layer thing, wasn't an issue with your mod, but with some others. The game work just fine with your mod on my original "play laptop" :)
but the information about the loading order is great. didn't know it (even though I guessed it that has had something to do with the zzz structure)
thank you very much for your great work and support

jdenm8

Something I noticed about the PEG T21 versions is it's all or nothing. I use the PEG Seaport and Airport zone versions, but I still use Maxis for every other network (that's my preference).

Any chance of a separate package with overrides for both of those separate mods?

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

kodlovag

Quote from: jdenm8 on April 18, 2011, 04:20:28 AM
Something I noticed about the PEG T21 versions is it's all or nothing. I use the PEG Seaport and Airport zone versions, but I still use Maxis for every other network (that's my preference).

Any chance of a separate package with overrides for both of those separate mods?

T21_PEG_UtopianAve_Lights.dat only overrides RES and COM $$$ straight avenue pieces. If you prefer Maxis for RC $$$, then delete this file and do not install the PEG Utopian RC version. By default the game doesn't add any T21s for airport and seaport areas. So, feel free to install PEG Seaport and Airport zone versions, they shouldn't conflict. You must use one color version of AddonLights_PEG_UtopianAve_RCIAS_COLOR.dat. This one contains the props for all of the PEG avenue mods. If you don't have the necessary PEG mod, they will simply never be displayed.

Moonraker0

I have two problems with USL:

• For high-wealth avenues, they are missing all props for every other tile.  The remaining tiles have the props that they are supposed to.
  • There are seemingly no light posts for industrial zones along MAVE-6.  I have a high-tech industrial zone, and there aren't any light props along the MAVE-6 it is adjacent to.
I have ensured that USL is loading last in my plugins.

kodlovag

Quote from: Moonraker0 on May 12, 2011, 05:49:17 PM
I have two problems with USL:

• For high-wealth avenues, they are missing all props for every other tile.  The remaining tiles have the props that they are supposed to.
  • There are seemingly no light posts for industrial zones along MAVE-6.  I have a high-tech industrial zone, and there aren't any light props along the MAVE-6 it is adjacent to.
I have ensured that USL is loading last in my plugins.

OK, I will try to take a look at it at the weekend.

ps2owner

Great mod, but I was wondering two things:
1: Can you make the range of the lights Brighter/Farther, and
2: Would support for buddybud's Jeronij Concrete Wall AddOn  be possible? http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/13865-jeronij-concrete-wall-addon

Colipedia

I've a little Problem with your Mod, instead of having nice street-lights, I've floating colored squares abouth the steet-lights:

MandelSoft

@Colipedia:
1) That's not the USL, it's the LRM (Light Replacement Mod).
2) Support questions can be asked in this topic on Simtropolis. You also find that a fix for this problem is available here

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Colipedia

Oh, thanks for your Help and Information!

sorry...