• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Devotion Advent Calendar

Started by art128, December 01, 2015, 03:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Quote from: Schriefer on December 18, 2015, 09:06:08 AM
That's a very good idea :)
I would like to know if I can join you. I'm almost finishing a museum and would like to release it with you. And which rules it requires?

Hi Schriefer,
Whom are you talking to? If its me: send me a PM, I'll gladly do a coop with you.

mattb325

Another small present from me.

A pretty little Arts and Crafts style council chambers for your cites. It is also on the diagonal for added interest (so be sure to place it on a corner!).

It is available here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3283

noahclem

Just a little one from me. I hope a few people will enjoy playing with the woolly mammoths I displayed around NORO in the past :)

Pick it up here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3285

compdude787

Wait! There were woolly mammoths in NORO?
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Andreas

Today, the SFBT has a few surprises for you again, and coincidentially, one of them suits noahclem's woolly mammoths perfectly. :D

The SFBT Mammoet PTC Ring Crane by Shenti07, perfectly able to lift mammoth weights of any kind. ;) Kidding aside, the Mammoet PTC is a recreation of the world's largest ring crane, weighting 3,000 tons and being more than 300 m tall - almost as large as the Eiffel Tower! The lot shows up next to the old SFBT Construction Set that is located at the bottom of the airport menu (back then, it was the only menu that wasn't overcrowded yet).

The other upload is the SFBT Obelisk by igc, a small 1x1 plaza lot that can be used as a centerpiece for a roundabout, or in any other park or plaza location. One of three different obelisk models will show up randomly when you plop the lot.

Andreas

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

c.p.

For the 21st we have another dirty industrial building, Greek Revival Mill.  It is based on a picture of an old mill building somewhere in Rhode Island (I forget what town exactly).

This is a building I made in 2006, and have only now finished modding and lotting.  There are a total of 5 buildings and 8 lots included in the download.

Girafe

better late than never  :P :P

Thanks for sharing this beauty  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Andreas

Yet another little gem that hasn't been release so far is the SFBT Feldherrnhalle by peterycristi. It is located in Munich, Germany, at the southern end of the Odeonsplatz. Dedicated to the Bavarian army, it played an important role in the NS propaganda of the Third Reich.

The upload for today is a bit of a premiere, it's the one and only BAT that I ever modelled myself. ;) I made this little thing a few years ago, when I had to wait at a train stop in the vicinity every day for some time, and after researching a bit, I found out that the Deutsche Bahn intruduced this design as a standard setup for small, local train stops everywhere in Germany. I thought I might give it a try, considering the simple, boxy shape.

Admittedly, I'm more into lot making and modding, so this was my only trip into the world of BATting (and therefore, it's also lacking nightlighting). The model is too nice to collect dust on my hard drive, though, hence I'm releasing it now as part of the SFBT Advent Calendar as SFBT Train Stop. :)

Andreas

art128

It's still the 21st in some part of the world. Some people asked me if and when I was gonna upload my recent japanese W2W buildings, well the wait is over. :)
Click the picture.

Japanese building pack 2 by Art128

WOW. I messed up the pictures' date again. Seems like I'm bad at that. Oh well, whatever. The upload works perfectly anyway. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Continuing with another upload for the 22th I'm pleased to finally release a pet project of mine: 8 growable stage 1 IR grass pastures. They're simple grass fields which do not contain a visible building and as such they could be considered stage 0 lots, to borrow a term from FrankU.

click pic to go to LEX

The textures have undergone a long, long process of tweaking and re-tweaking. Needless to say the textures are multi-fsh, and each contains no less than 16 variations of itself. This will to a large extend eliminate tiling effects, so you can grow pretty large pasture fields without it look weird. In addition the textures are in proper HD, which means they cannot be opened in Maxis LE, nor SC4PIM. Therefore I've included a LE texture file as well, found in the Documentation folder - along with closer views of each pasture.

Oh and of course the pastures are slope-friendly! Enjoy.

ps: half of the 30mb file size is due to rather large documentation pictures. .   :-[
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Ernestmaxis

I love christmas presents!
What many great uploads!  &apls

c.p.

For the 23rd, we have a police station pack, Briggsbury Station.
This upload contains 16 building models and 7 lots.  The main building is based on a building in Belfast, Maine, built about 1840, and currently being used as a bed and breakfast.

Andreas

I wasn't sure if I should release today's SFBT upload to the public at first, but numerous requests at our German SimForum showed that there was quite some interest in the community. Since ages, the advisors annoyed me with their requests to build an airport in my city, even when I thought that my city was way too small (or when I already built more than enough airports in my region.

Naturally, such things were addressed a couple of times already, and there's the BSC Functional Airports, a really nice set with additions and/or replacements for the Maxis airports, but I wanted something simple and independent. So I was examining the "Airport Controller" closely and created a copy for personal use, including just one custom "airport", which eventually became the SFBT Airport Shuttle.

This bus terminal looks nice in pretty much any city, and it works like a true functional airport, so the advisors are happy. I didn't include an "upgrade" feature like the Maxis airports have, but if the lots gets overcrowded, you can simply place another one in your city. Caution! This lot is NOT compatible with any other functional airport! Please use it only when you either don't have any other functional airports installed, otherwise you need to remove them first.

If you like the lot itself, there's also a regular bus terminal version ("Busbahnhof" in German) included. Please make sure to read the readme file before using this lot, as it will crash your cities immediately upon loading, with no chance to recover them afterwards, even after uninstalling the files. Ideally, make a backup of your region folder first (always a good idea anyway).

Andreas

c.p.

As an unplanned added bonus, for the 23rd we have Morgenkirk's Organ Works.
This is a large IM industrial building.  Special thanks to Simcoug for doing most of the lotting on this.

c.p.

For the 24th we have Chicago Post Office.
This is a Landmark building, modded similarly to Maxis City Hall, as well as a growable high wealth commercial office building. It is based on the real-life Chicago Post Office, built in 1855, and destroyed in the Chicago Fire of 1871.
Lotting is mostly by Simcoug (thanks again Matt!)

c.p.

Additionally for the 24th, we have Hankie Mill.
Another dirty industrial mill and warehouse.  This one contains a total of 12 buildings and 11 lots.

Andreas

Christmas is approaching fast, and Christmas Eve is the traditional day in Germany for the family gathering around the tree, singing Christmas songs, and then exchanging some presents. Today, I've uploaded two files, both made with BATs by Sam Johnson, that I lotted and modded accordingly.

You might remember the excellent prefab buildings that we uploaded in the past, and here's another set of those - a big one, actually, weighting 24 MB in total. The SFBT Moscow Housing Blocks is a set of four different lots, which feature either one or two buildings.

There is a larger and a smaller building model, and both come in five different colors. The smaller model even has two slightly different versions for each color, so there are 15 models included in total. This should provide a nice variety, even if you use those lots exclusively in your prefab quarters.

Accompanying the Moscow Housing Blocks, I've uploaded the SFBT PreFab Filler Lots, a set of 25 different lots with paths, parking lots and playgrounds, which blend very well with all the prefab lots the SFBT has been releasing so far. Some connector lots can be used to combine them with the existing SFBT R$ Park Set.

Andreas

kbieniu7

Not just in Germany ;) Thank you for all of this marvelous gifts during last 24 days. You've made a great work. Hope, that you will rest right now from simcity ;) and spend the time with your family!

Merry Christmas!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

mrbisonm

Thank You all from my side also. I really enjoyed this year's simcity advent. Have ya all a nice Christmas now, ye hear?

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)