• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Casanares & Alba-Laettana

Started by Jerebannus, July 27, 2008, 07:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerebannus

Last updated: Dec 31st 2008, Lonely Planet's tourist guide on Albarán City.

Enjoy  :satisfied:

M4346

Thanks for posting it here! Just makes it so much easier to keep up!

Looking good, as I said elsewhere, and I'll be on the look-out for future updates!

Keep up the good work! ;)

M
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dedgren

Oh, hey, what a find on an early Sunday morning...  It's great to see Casanares here, and I'm looking forward to what I know will be stunning work to come.

Good luck!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

NASCAR_Guy

TBH the Rail and Road Textures need some improvement.  Other than that It is an excillent city. :thumbsup:
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

Yoman

Glad to see this fine MD over here as well  :thumbsup:

bat

Yes, nice to see it here!

And nice start here! All Pictures are looking fantastic! :thumbsup:

Jerebannus

M4346: hi M. aye I just thought it would be nice to keep the same CJ at both sites, that way I get more feed back. Thanks for the comment and do check back regularly for updates, this CJ will be very active ;)
dedgren: Thanks for the comment David, I hope my updates don't disappoint, it's an honour to have you comment in my work :)
NASCAR_Guy: I couldn't agree more, I have been looking for textures but I've had no luck finding the right one for me. Could you recommend one perhaps? Thanks for the comment :)
Yoman: Aye, thanks mate ;)
bat: Thanks a lot for the nice words ;)

Disclaimer: The following update is a bit dramatic so if it's against the rules to showcase such scenes I'd gladly remove it ;)

SCJU - SARF Administrative HQ. SARF (SPECIAL ALLIED RESPONSE FORCE) is the SCJU's military and peace-keeping wing. It is made up of army and equipment contributions from most of the SCJU's Member States.

Indeed, the SARF HQ is a great building, it's built to withstand bombs and is located in one of the safest areas in Central Albarán, it's a peaceful area......wait a second......

"This is TVC NEWS, we apologise for interrupting the current program. We are reporting live from Albarán with information that 23 people have been taken hostage on the 10th floor of SARF's Administrative HQ. Most of the building has been evacuated and some of the people who have left the building are saying that Independent Liberation Front are responsible for this criminal act. As of this moment we cannot confirm this because there has been no word from the authorities, these are rumours but there is enough credibility in what the evacuees are saying. The people that are still inside the building are yet to be identified, the security officers of the building are now carrying out checks and going through lists to see who is missing and who made it out of the building safely. We have reports that there is an unknown number of armed men on the 10th floor...This has been Rhys de la Vega, Tomás back you in the studio"

Tomás Luca:"Thank you Rhys. If you have just joined us, we can now confirm that the Independence Liberation Front, a militant organisation classifed by the SCJU as a terrorist group have taken 23 people hostage on the 10th floor of SARF's Administrative Headquarters in central Albarán. The second in command of the organisation has allowed reporters and phorotgraphers into the building but only a brave few have dared to go in and risk their lives, among them is our very own Rhys de la Vega. Rhys what is the current situation like at the moment?"
Rhys de la Vega:" thank you Tom. Yes as you've said there is a handful of brave reporters here with me. As you can see Commander Roman Ka Iranur from the Viceroyalty of Dominea is giving a press conference to reporters. He is holding a declaration of war against the SCJU. As some of our viewers may know, the ILF is an irregular group of militants made up of dissidents from across the Union; their main objective is to distabilise the Union so as to achive their ultimate goal: the complete dissolution and breakdown of the SCJU. They have also been responsible for the blasts  in the Movian city of New Hélia in which nearly 5,000 people were killed during an event at the Excalibur Dome last February. Back to you Tom.
Tomás Luca:" Amazing footage there Rhys. But who exactly is this Commander Iranur?"
Rhys de la Vega: "Iranur is the second in command of the ILF, that is a piece of information which we did not know until now, I am sure the SCJU did not know this either because neither the International Relations & Treaties Commission, nor the Union Defence Initiative have issued arrest warrants against the man, so I am guessing that his appointment as commander must have happened recently. I do have to say Tom, that the commander is being incredibly tolerant of the press and we are being allowed to report on the situation in our very own words, so  far we have not been forced to...hang on a second, let us hear what the commander has to say:"

Commander Roman Ka Iranur: "Our glorious organisation demands the resignation of Doctor Gregor Harrison of Calderwood. We have learned that he has recently been appointed as the Councillor for Union Intelligence and we demand his resignation! Our message to the criminal right-stealing, sovereignty-taking organisation known as the SCJU is that if they don't want their employees to suffer an undesired fate then Doctor Harrison must resign from his post and he must exiled from New Rhodesia as well as his native Calderwood. We also have other demands; we want our status as "terrorists" to be removed from your lists, we have the support of the people of the nations that your imperialist Union controls. We also demand that you stop stealing the wealth of our people, we want to see the demise of the distabilising currency you call the Unio and we want to see the end of your terrorist forces known as SARF. But for now our primary objective is for Harrison's head to roll. Do not force us to set time limits or your people will suffer!"
Rhys de La Vega: "pretty disturbing words there Tom, the ILF are demanding the resignation of the recently appointed SCJU's chief of intelligence, Dr Greg Harrison.."
Tomás Luca: "thanks Rhys. Yes, Dr. Gregor Harrison is a renowned security expert. He graduated from the University of New Haven and went on to earn further qualifications from the University of Santa Eufrasia. He was a crucial figure during the RNAI-Pheonoia War and it seems his expertise has made him an unlikely target for the ILF. Mr Harrison was also of great importance to Calderwood's intelligence agencies during the Cold War and has been able to infiltrate Seldonia's military, as our viewers may know, Seldonia is Calderwood's southern neighbour and its greatest nemesis. The SCJU's new president, Dan Martí appointed Greg Harrison as the SCJU's head of intelligence recently. In a speech to the Union, Harrison vowed to "propose an about turn" to the way the SCJU coordinates its operations, he is a powerful figure in Martí's executive. Let's go back to Rhys for an update on the situation. Rhys over to you"

Rhys de la Vega: "Tom, we have all been moved to the second floor of the building, the floor is now heavily fortified, we have seen some of the militants carry military equipment, including granades and rifles. There is a great emergency here Tom, an elderly lady who works at the Department of Demilitarised Zones on the 10th floor has suffered a heart attack and is now lyeing unconscious on the floor, some of the other hostages have been trying to aid her but to no avail. Commander Iranur has given instructions to some of the hostages to call an ambulance. The information networks of the building have completely collapsed so one of the hostages had to get the attention of the authorities outside in the most rudamentary of ways: she's written on a placard a message in Spanish which some of our viewers may not understand. The placard reads "what happened to the ambulance?, please" These are despe......."
Tomás Luca: "I'm sorry to interrupt you there Rhys, it seems the ambulance is now on its way to the scene, it's just left Albarán's Central Hospital with two paramedics on board"

Rhys de la Vega: "We have been given instrucions to inform the public that only one of the paramedics is to be allowed into the building, he must not becarrying anything in his hands and must enter the building shirtless so as to ensure that he is not of any threat to the operation currently being carried out by the ILF. The paramedic must aid the victim on his own."

Tomás Luca: "What an unfortunate situation Rhys. We can now show the public images of the police getting ready to storm the building should any explosions be heard. The Guardia Metropolitana is currently on stand-by but they have been instructed not to enter the building unless ordered to do so. The police are currently not directly outside the building, they are positioned in strategic locations surrounding the area. The authorities are now evacuating the western section of central Albarán and most buildings are now empty, roads are being closed and drivers are being diverted. Thank you for your report Rhys, we hope you are safe"
Rhys de la Vega: "thank you Tomás, we will update you on the situation as soon as we have new information"
Tomás Luca: "We must now join our reporter in New Rhodesia Claudia Anzoategui, Claudia we understand that the president of the SCJU is giving a press conference at the General Assembly in New Rhodesia?"

Claudia Anzoategui: "that's right Tom. Dan Martí is speaking to the press and so far he seems defiant. He has said that Gregor Harrison will not resign, he has told us that he "won't give in to the ILF". He said he has been in contact with the authorities in Casanares and has also said that the situation is under control. He wants to negotiate with the ILF and has invited their leader to his office so that a peace deal can be reached. It will be very interesting to see how the rest of the SCJU member states react to this but of course it is early days still. Mr Martí has also said that the SCJU "stands united" in the face of adversity and he seems confident in what he is saying. Tom back to you"

Tomás Luca: "Thank you Claudia. We will be reporting thoughout the day and as soon as we have more information we will let you know. Stay tuned."

Enjoy  :satisfied:

M4346

OMG! Suspenseful! Seems like I've been missing out on a lot happening over at the Union!  ???

I love the layout of your city, and specifically the use of such a great diversity of architectural styles! It works very well!  ;D

I do have a question (okay, two) though.  :P

Where'd you get the tall building in this pic: http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x317/LordAzkaban/CJ/1-6.jpg
And where'd you get the SARF Admin HQ building: http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x317/LordAzkaban/NeW/closeup.jpg

Looking forward to how this develops!

M
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jmyers2043

Hello Jerebannus

QuoteEnjoy :satisfied:

I did.

I thought the update was very clever. I work at the local television station and read your account of the hostage crisis with more than a passing interest. I like the screen shots and how you replicated a television screen.

Your city building skills are evident with the mixture of old and new and open plazas.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

XoX

OMG!!!
It's very wonderful, you know use photoshop! :P

But what is this bat?

C'est dans les ténèbres que l'on voit la lumière...et dans la lumière que l'on voit les ténèbres...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5339.40

bat

Fantastic work on that new update! And nice pictures of your city!
Looking forward to more from that story and your MD...

Simpson

Superb I love your city with Paris' Bat  &apls
Continu you make a very good job  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Emperor Stormont

Wonderful work Jeb :)

The city and photo editing is fabulous and so nice to see you active at CJ-ing again.

Very interesting story with the SARF Admin HQ, you not post on the site? Didn't see it till now, exciting nevertheless.  ::)

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Jerebannus

M4346: you'll find that one here and here I'm glad you came back to the SCJU even as an observer ;) stick around :)
jmayers2043: It sounds like you have a great job! I did try to make the news screens as realistic as possible. I'm glad you enjoyed that update. Thanks for your comment ;)
XoX: Thanks for commenting :) here's what you're looking for CLICK
bat: Thank's for your nice words, I hope you like this next update.
Simpson:[/url] Those Paris buildings are amazing indeed. Thanks for checking out my cj :)
Pipishere:[/p] Thanks pip :)
Emperor Stormont: I'm glad I became attracted to the game again, I love CJing :) bah, I'm lazy sometimes but I promise to post all future updates at the SCJU as well. Thanks for dropping by :D

Paco Ruíz: "you are live on RTC News, all news broadcasters across the nation are reporting on the same tragic story which is unfolding at this very moment in the Centelles District of Albarán, right in the heart of the city. The ILF has released a communique in which they say that 18 of the 23 hostages will be freed shortly. The authorities are on stand-by to assist these people once they come out of the building"

Paco Ruíz: "let's to the air, our correspondent Luís Oviedo has more information for us from RTC's news helicopter"
Luís Oviedo: "Paco we have jsut received information from the mayor, he has ordered the evacuation of the Centelles District, there is an exodous of people leaving the area, the images from the air are truely spectacular Paco, back to you in the studio"
Paco Ruíz: "We have just been informed that the police have deactivated an improvised explosive device which was found inside a rubbish bin nearby. the authorities believe that more may still be found. The local police commissioner has admitted that the authorities are largely unprepared for an incident such as this. To put it in his own words "Casanares is not prepared, neither mentally nor physically to protect the general population from terrorism". The police believe that there may still be other such devices scattered around the area. In the meantime people continue to be evacuated from the area and the SWAT teams have been ordered to stay where they are which means that they won't be entering the building until they are ordered to do so. This is to protect the lives of the hostages according to the police commissioner."

Luís Oviedo: "Holy cow!! Paco we were just flying around the area when suddenly we heard an explosion coming from one of the buildings on Julio Cesar Street. That seems to be the Roman Tower. These are exclusive images. If you have just tuned in then allow me to inform you on the current situation...we are reporting live from Central Albarán where a huge explosion was heard coming from Roman Tower. We cannot confirm wether this incident is connected to the unfolding situation at the administrative headquarters of the Special Allied Response Force otherwise known as SARF, the SCJU's defence and peace-keeping organisation."

Paco Ruíz: "those are incredible images Luís, we'd just like to show our viewers a street map of the area highlighting the places where both incidents are unfolding. The explosion took place at Roman Tower which is on Roman Street, just a few streets away from SARF HQ and very close to "LAS TORRES" metro station. We have just been informed that the entire subway network has been shut down"
Luís Oviedo: "The president of the republic, Antonio Lasséc will speak to the nation in a few minutes, that's according to the Palace of San Lorenzo, the president's official residence"

Paco Ruíz: "and so we are back the scene where is seems that 18 of the hostages have been released, however 5 of them are still inside the building. Different reporters from diverse news stations have also been ordered to leave the building or face punishment, that's according to Rhys de la Vega of TVC News, our sister news channel..."
Luís Oviedo: "Paco I'm sorry to interrupt you, but it seems alot has been happening over the past 15 minutes, it seems that the explosion has distracted the police and as a result a helicopter has come landed briefly on the roof of the building and several people got on board among them is commander Iranur, his companions and the five remaining hostages..."
Paco Ruíz: "as the police commissioner said, the authorities are completely unprepared for this type of event, we have been told that the nearest helicopter is miles away making a possible chase impossible. It also seems that radars haver been jammed leading some to question that this could've been an inside job. Just to sum up, 5 hostages were taken on a helicopter apparently controlled by the ILF..."

Luís Oviedo: "let us now turn to the Palace of San Lorenzo where the president of the republic Antonio Lasséc is addressing the nation"

Antonio Lasséc: "My fellow Casanarians,

Whereas there is visible ascendancy in the activities of separatists and incidents of terrorist attacks, including bombings, IED [improvised explosive device] explosions, kidnapping of civilians and infiltration of the national institutions by irregular groups such as the ILF have taken such activities to an unprecedented level of violent intensity posing a grave threat to the life and property of the citizens of Casanares;

Whereas, the activities above-described, their consequences, ramifications and collateral effects constitute a clear and present danger to the safety and the integrity of the Casanarian State and of the Casanarian people;

Whereas there has also been attempted attacks on state infrastructure and on law enforcement agencies;

Whereas constant infiltration in executive functions, including but not limited to the control of terrorist activity, economic policy, price controls, downsizing of corporations and urban planning, has weakened the writ of the government; the police force has been completely demoralised and is fast losing its efficacy to fight terrorism and intelligence agencies have been thwarted in their activities and prevented from pursuing terrorists;

Whereas the law and order situation in the country as well as the economy have been adversely affected and trichotomy of powers eroded;

Whereas a situation has thus arisen where the government of the country cannot be carried on in accordance with the constitution and as the constitution provides no solution for this situation, there is no way out except through emergent and extraordinary measures;

And whereas the situation has been reviewed in meetings with the Interior Minister, prefects of all twenty-one provinces and with the chairman joint chiefs of staff committee, chiefs of the armed forces, vice chief of army staff and corps commanders of the Casanarian army;

Now, therefore, I Antonio José Lasséc-Serrat, President of the Republic of Casanares and the Kingdom of Alba-Laettana and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Casanares, by virtue of the powers vested upon me by Section 18, Article 7 of the National Constitution which states that: " The President...whenever it becomes necessary,...may call out (the) armed forces to prevent harm to the civilian and non-civilian population..., " and in my capacity as their Commander-in-Chief, do hereby command the Armed Forces of the Republic, to maintain law and order throughout the the nation, prevent or suppress all forms of lawless violence as well any act of insurrection or rebellion and to enforce obedience to all the laws and to all decrees, orders and regulations promulgated by me personally or upon my direction; and as provided in Section 17, Article 12 of the Constitution do hereby declare a State of National Emergency.

This proclamation shall come into force at once.

In witness hereoff, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the seal of the Republic of Casanares and the Kingdom of Alba-Laettana to be affixed.

Done in the City of Casanares, this 29th day of July, in the year of Our Lord, two thousand and eight.

God Bless Casanares."

Luís Oviedo: "that was the president of the republic reading out the declation of a national state of emergency, it seems the constitution has also been suspended, legally, this amounts to Martial Law across the nation. The president also mentioned that the insitutions of the nation have also been infiltrated by what the president called "irregular groups" Paco, it seems the nation is in a state of crisis?"

Paco Ruíz: "that's right Luís, we have been informed to land the helicopter and go back to our homes so I'm afraid we won't be able to report from the air, however our cameras on the ground have been capturing images of the SWAT team entering the SARF Building, however I'm afraid that's all we will be able to say for now. We have been informed that all news channels will be shut down until further notice so let me bid farewell to our viewers. You have been watching RTC News, goodbye"

Here's my latest newspaper

And now on with the real update

art128

very nice update , I like it a lot  &apls and also very good MD  :thumbsup:
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

It's great to see another fantastic update from you.
You definately have a very good collection of BATs. 
Your pictures, mosaics and story line all fit together very well and makes for a very enjoyable MD.  I look forward to what comes next.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

I also like this newest update there!
And the pictures of it are looking wonderful, also the newspaper is looking great and the road map, too!

Wonderful update and looking forward to the next... ;)

Emperor Stormont

Fabulous Jeb :)

Really fantastic to see you in top form again  :satisfied:

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

sebes

Wow - what a fantastic town you're showing here...and what a marvelous story. The excellent newspapers makes this MD very exceptional! I'm glad you decided to post it here on SC4D.  :satisfied:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN