• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Disappearing Texture Problem

Started by thundercrack83, April 21, 2020, 08:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Hi everyone! I posted this over in Marathon, but I wanted to try and get some additional feedback on an issue that I've been having:

So, it seems that I've run into a little hiccup while rebuilding. When I attempt to go into underground mode, or place a subway station or something that triggers underground mode, strange things happen.

This...

Becomes this!

If anyone could help point out the culprit on this, I would greatly appreciate it! It's only happening to lots I create in the LE.

Many thanks in advance![/i]

Hope everyone is safe and well!

fantozzi

I'm no brillant detective – all I can offer are some elements for a conspiration theory. When my city grows the switching from mode to mode becomes slower and slower. Question: why?

I guess - at this point the game acts stupid and reloads the game content again from hard drive. If all the game content would rest in main memory there would be no reason why I hear my hd working when switching back from underground to surface mode.

So - if this strange thing happens to you when switching back from underground mode to surface mode probably this is a loading/reloading error.

Blind guessing: maybe a repacking of plugins into bigger files or a disc defragmentation may help?