• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GRV-II Challenge No 7

Started by mrbisonm, July 15, 2009, 06:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

wheeeeew OK good that gives me a little more time to get my health under control where I can have a good day of playing  ;)  Fred you and Lynn have a great time on your errr rest of the vacation!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

I have receievd a somewhat *salted* PM today from one of our players, who seems to drop out of the competition because  the judging seemingly has stopped and no coming back is expected by that person.

Well, let me tell you something. We have spent more than 15 hours to think of, organize, write down, looking at the results and judging, making the plans and creating the pointage sheet....and that for every freaking challenge! That is a lot of work, which doesn't bring us anything. But we like it.

Then my mother in law got sick, Lynn's mother, and Lynn stopped helping me, making my judgements and work even more timely. But slowly we were able to organize and judge Challenge 4, 5 and 6 (lately), but on paper. Now to put it on the computer will take another 6 to 8 hours, and that time I did not have in July.
Now Lynn's mother seems to have taken the way to the end of the life journey and her health seems to get worse and worse with every week, she's 87 years old. That is very hard on Lynn and her brother and sisters.
Meanwhile I am in the midlle of unexpected work, way more than I hoped for, so it didn.t leave me much time with the challenges.
Listen folks, I hope you all understand this situation, which we did not expect. We WILL CONTINUE and that is a fact.
If you are tired of waiting, just let us know and we will be hoping that you might come back later.
The judgements for Challenge 4 to 6 will officially appear in their thread on August 31, promissed. Right now we are taking 3 weeks of vacation (one already gone) to get our minds off certain things in real life, to relax and probably prepare for the worst for Lynn's mother. When we come back on agust 27, the first thing I'LL do is start putting the results onto the computer to have it ready for the last day of august to upload to the Net.

We understand that some of you wished that it would go faster, but with the real life problems , arriving of summer and some of you disappearing for several weeks (vacation etc) things kinda slowed down. Don't get discouraged please, we will be back to normal in a short time.

Thanks for understanding.

threestooges, the scoring guidelines will be send with the challenges in each Player's thread. Thanks.

Pat, thanks and good luck. I haven't even reached my 125K population in the region yet....oh boy, that is definitively harder than I thought...lol

We're on the Wasaga Beach (Ontario) at the moment, flying to Moose Jaw (Saskatchewan) tomorrow, having a great time within Canada. ;)

Fred and Lynn

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

soulchaser

I just want to state that I understand you two. My best wishes for you.
I'm sad, that there's someone, who doesn't see your obligation. have some nice days.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

CabraBuitre

I, for one, actually appreciate the extra time between challenges.  If I might suggest for the future a longer period of time such as this, such as a month per challenge... that would allow those who wish to work quickly to do so but gives you guys running the competition plenty of time to judge and gives people with overloaded lives time to get the challenges done!

We really do appreciate all the hard work you have and continue to put in this... based on that alone you deserve a vacation... let alone everything stressful going on in your lives!

Check out Abelfarei!

threestooges

I like Cabra's idea of the month timeline thing (gives everyone more time to do what needs to be done) though I'll stick as close to the timeline you set as I can. I like the way this thing is getting me to play more of the styles I'm not used to. Especially now that the populations going up. Looking forward to what's coming next.
-Matt

turtle

Hi,

I think I can agree on the idea to generally have challenges run for a month. Even though the deadline have been moved for this challenge, I will probably not be able to make it since I'm in Berlin until the 31st. Even then, I will probably be pretty busy as I'm writing my master thesis, but I'm not ready to forfeit just yet, and will try to do finish the updates even if just for the fun of it.

Thomas
My name is Thomas...

mrbisonm

Judging of Challenge 7

Here's how we have or are about to judge your Challenge 7. Use this also to judge my version of the challenge 7. Again to judge my version of this Challenge is open to everyone, player, visitor or lurker. Thank you.

Points are given on a scale of 0 to 4 (0=insatisfactory, 1=acceptable, 2=Good, 3=very good, 4=excellent), and points are given on 5 subjects, plus 1 Bonus point for being on time, which could give us a total of 21 points for this challenge.(not including other Bonus points)

1. Industrial Park. Judged on where it is located compared to the maincity or town, not too far and not right in the middle of it neither and judged by its general looks compared to real life situations.

2. Commercial Center. Where is the commercial Center in a town or City? Usually right in the middle or not far from there. This is judged on the location and looks of the commercial Center, whether it is Service or Office (either one or both). Also judged by the size of it compared to the size of the town/ city.

3. Now ressources are judged by the location, looks and originality, plus ny the effort given (details etc) to make it look realistic. Details are important on this one since some resource "harvesting" can destroy the natural looks of the surounding area and cause a lot of pollution. I was looking for these signs.

4. Farming community. A Farming Community is either a village or small town surrounded by farms that offer most of the jobs for this community, directly or indirectly. Judged by the realistic looks of the farmlands that surround the village or town and the community itself.

5. Central Park. Like it says *Central*. Judged by the loctaion of the park and also by its size compared to the size of the town or city. A central park is not outside the town/ city, nor very small for a big city. Judge it as it looks close to reality.

Thanks
Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)