• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 6 - LaMancha

Started by Jmouse, June 25, 2009, 08:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

The moment Mayor Hooter Hillcrank walked – no, strolled – into the office, I sensed the change in his mood. The troubled look on his face had been replaced by shining eyes and a huge smile.

"We are a country at peace once again," he said. "The governor has persuaded the rebel leaders to compromise, and they'll no longer rule the southern half of the region. We'll have to make sure their needs are met, but the governor will see to that."

Hooter went on to explain that the first order of business is to be a celebration – an all-expense-paid vacation for the governor and his wife along with all the mayors and their companions.

"We did have to repair the railroad on the south side of Lobster Point (Tile L), so you need to FAX this picture to the governor's office," Hooter said. "The barrier is gone now, and there's just a checkpoint."

"Now, on to more pleasant business," Hooter said with a wide grin.

The governor's first order:
QuoteWe want to see a beach...

He added that an exclusive hotel chain had bought large tracts of land in Appleyard (Tile A) and Dimebox (Tile D). The company then created a luxury resort, starting with a spectacular private beach.

"No motor vehicles are allowed," he added. "Guests are transported all over the resort by horse and carriage or in electric carts."

There's a fine marina...

...and a spectacular private beach with a huge park.

QuoteAfter the beach the Governor and his wife want to rest in a hotel...
Then when they get hungry they want to go to a restaurant...

The hotel and restaurant are in Appleyard (Tile A)

The St. Egregious Hotel is a replica of a real medieval castle, and the theme is carefully preserved.  Guests are transported via horse and carriage along a scenic cobblestone path and greeted by a personal servant who attends their every need.

Guests may enjoy a leisurely buggy ride along scenic paths, take in a live theatre production or spend an afternoon at the beach. This panoramic view shows off the hotel's spectacular, old-world setting.

The Coachman Restaurant (top center) sits at the head of a charming village full of quaint shops.  Following a lavish dinner, guests may choose to stroll in the park which occupies the town square.

"One of the resort's biggest selling points is privacy," Hooter said. "They cater to large groups, but only one group at a time."

Here's another spectacular view of the scenery around the village.

And an aerial view the governor ordered.

"Well, the governor wanted something special," Hooter said with a grin. "I think we can accommodate him with a spread like this!"

CabraBuitre

Awesome choices and implementation of the restaurant and the hotel!!  Looks great!

Check out Abelfarei!

jmyers2043

Hello Joan

Hmmm - thinking - 

Talk about atmosphere. The hotel works well on that hill. I looked up the St. Egreqious  and see that as an adjective it means, conspicouosly bad or offensive. Yep, just the sort of place the the governor would recommend.    :D :D   

Cheers - Jim Myers
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Pat

Joan well all I got to say is WOW!!!! OMG amazing work here and I love it the private beaches and St Egreqious just perfect, OK I am done I can't compete any more after seeing your update  ;)

Naw only kidding it just means that for challenge 7 I will have to bring my A game for sure now!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

Fantastic update.

And using my favourite BAT for the hotel especially in that location plus the detailing around it is just sublime  &apls
11/10 for that alone.

Please reserve a table for dinner and could you also obtain some tickets for the theater if its not too much trouble :D
I am looking forward to my vacation especially in these surroundings

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Jmouse

CabraBuitre, thanks for your kind words. I wouldn't mind spending a few nights in a castle myself! :)

Jim (jmyers2043), I was wondering if anybody would catch that, but there is a story behind the hotel's name. For some reason I've always liked the sound of "egregious." It so happens I was reading a story online which contained that word when the satellite TV installer cut my CAT5 DSL cable last week. I had already looked up a list of saint's names and found few which sounded right, but when that little mishap occurred, somehow the hotel name and a favorite word collided. Interesting how the mind works sometimes, isn't it!

Thank you, Pat. I really enjoyed completing this challenge and look forward to the next one!

Derry (TheTeaCat), so glad you dropped by. The concierge is working on your request as we speak, and we hope you enjoy the performance of "Camelot" in the castle's dinner theatre during you stay with us. :)

Later...
Joan

turtle

Hello Joan

Here's my judgement:

1. Bordercrossing: A nice and simple border crossing. It could use some sort of checkpoint though. 3 points

2. Beach: Fantastic beach area and park. A bit far away from the hotel though. 4 points

3. Hotel: Superb choice and implementation. I wouldn't mind staying there for a weekend. 5 points

4. Restaurant: Wonderful area. Great idea! 5 points

This gives a total of 17 points
My name is Thomas...

soulchaser

Hi Jmouse,
here's my opinion on your Ch. 6:

1. Bordercrossing: This simply fits for a rail-checkpoint. 4 Pts.
2. Beach: The beach-transition between citytiles is something I still don't like ;) , but the rest is just perfect. 4,5 Pts.
3. Hotel: I love the medieval Castle/Hotel. 5 Pts.
4. Restaurant: I like the restaurant, too. But it seems like nobody could ever get there. 4 Pts.

I'm sorry to give another -1 Pts. because of horses. The simply don't like me!

That's a total of 16.5 Points.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

BarbyW

My points:

1. Border crossing - only a railroad check point? 3 pts
2. Beach - super beach but a bit difficult to access ifyou can't walk well 4 pts
3. Hotel - certainly a quiet retreat but a bit isolated.  4 pts
4. Restaurant - interesting configuration but once again difficult to access with no parking and a bit far from the hotel  4 pts

Total points: 15
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

threestooges

Border Crossing: Seems pretty basic, but still well done. 3 points

Beach: white, sandy, well detailed, and one heckuva park. 5 points

Hotel: Great BAT, and well detailed surroundings: 5 points

Restaurant: secluded little spot, great park, but I think it could have taken more advantage of the water views: 4 points

17 points

jmyers2043

Border crossing - 4 - Your basic well done border crossing.

Beach - 4 - I am torn about the beach. Whereas I usually think of them as being along the coast. The picture of the beach and the park reminds me of a beach with nearby mangroves. I've seen spots like this in my various travels. I like the Tiki style booths where one can purchase suntan lotions, get a massage, or drink a cocktail called Batida de Côco which is made of coconut milk, mixed with sugar and cachaça, and Rum.   

Hotel - 5 - One of the most unique hotels used in this challenge. You really thought outside the box on this one.

Restaurant - 5 - Looks cozy. Romantic.   

Points = 18

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)