• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GRV-II Challenge No 5

Started by mrbisonm, May 18, 2009, 11:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Again, some of you waited until the very last minute.......don't let that happen too often please.

The Intimidation

Challenge 5

Every Mayor, administrator and the generals from the army, navy and airforce were demanded for the meeting in Capitol City.

« " I have talked to the rebels, I have tried to convince them to drop their demands and lift the barriers, I have done my best for this to end in a peaceful and pacific way, * the Governor Freddy Bison announced at the private meeting with the mayors, " and they did not give me any hope for the re-union of the region. I suppose that we have to show them now who we really are and that we are serious about this matter to re-unite our region, maybe a solid warning and some intimidation will have them re-consider their resistance", he said with a loud and clear voice throwing his fist in the air.»

This is Part 2 of the Separatist's revolution. The rebels are still going strong in their part of the region and now they have demanded even more. This time two (2) citytiles will be available for them and you will have to build what they demand again, but the names on the list below have been shuffled around a bit and now you have a new adversary to push you around and also a new Mayor you will give orders to. It is still the one above that will give you orders and the one below that you will give orders to. The non-officials have their own list.

As playing the Separatist, you will give the orders to build on 2 different citytiles in their regionhalf, without necessarily being attached, anything you wish with moderation (please don't forget that last word) You cannot ask to use more than 50 % of the total suface of each tile to be filled with your demands. Make it reasonable and easy. It will be judged with points.
You may have it reserved as a natural park or only parts of it, you may have them build a new village/town or some agriculture and/or build roads, streets or rails with access to industries or commercials, but stay in these two tiles. This will be the last time before the invasion that you will be able to modify parts of their region, so make sure that you do a satisfying job for the mayor, otherwise he just might revenge himself, once he will get the powers to do yours....... ;).

You will give orders to build on their city-tiles as if it was your own, you will look at what has been created sofar and make sure what you order will conform with theirs.
As playing the Mayor, you will do your best to fulfill the demands of the separatists and the first thing you do is show a region picture in transportation mode in your new Challenge 5 thread.
You will have the right to reconnect ALL road and rail connections to the separatists, but with a control point only.(incl. the rails which need a control point also) We want to see pictures of this.

Concerning the Governor's orders, you (as the Mayors) will now build an armybase, small to medium navy harbour and an airstrip for the airforce.  You have free choices where and how to plop them. Whether you use existing lots or create a combination of several other plops/lots as long as they look like that it is occupied by our soldiers. This is to intimidate the rebels and make them change their minds soon. Show them that you know a way to stop the rebellion very easily and quickly and that you mean business!. You can build them on one or several tiles, but the location of each base will be hardly judged. Remember, this is supposed to intimidate the separatists to give up their demands. The better the military bases are situated, the better the points.
We want to see if you're convincing with your intimidations. Governor Freddy Bison is giving you full budget and total approval concerning these military installations.

We also would like to see 1 picture in view 2 or 3 of your most beautiful and scenic rail settings, whether it is in the city, town or village, a station or with simply stunning rural environment. 

This time you will have a full two weeks to finish the challenge 5 plus another week to give the orders. It will give you 3 weekends to work in your region, which is more than enough I think, and I will have some time to finish my contracts irl for this spring.(sorry, even with the world economy being so slow I have more contracts than ever)

Again you will have to open a challenge 5 thread in your board right away, so your oponent can post his/her demands.

To show this time in Your 5th Update:

1.    Pictures of all your checkpoints that have been re-connected and now are under control from both sides.

2.   A copy of your orders that you posted in your oponent's Challenge 5 thread, in your challenge 5 thread.

3.   4 to 5 pictures (only the most important ones) in any view of the realization of the separatist's orders/demands.

4.   At least 1 picture in any view Each of the army, navy and airforce bases and no more than 2 pictures each, making it a max total of 6 pictures of the military. 

5.   1 picture in view 2 or 3 of your most scenic rail settings.

6.   1 picture in regionview (complete) in transportationview without any photoshopping and taken ingame so we can see the population etc. No mayor names nor the tile lines showing. Make sure to identify YOUR part of the region and the part of the separatists with only these words (Mayor/ Rebels) on the picture and no lines (we know where the borderlines are). Please take this picture after you have done all the rest of this challenge.

7.   1 picture in regionview (complete) in sateliteview without any photoshopping, nor showing the individual tiles, mayor and citynames. We want to see the simple region what it looks like today. Please take this picture after you have done all the rest of this challenge.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like a lot to do, but it ain't that much and hard to do within the 3 weeks you will have. Now, make sure that you do not post more pictures as allowed to, nor less than demanded for, penalty points will be given this time. Also make sure that you don't have your grid settings on, this also might loose you a point. We will a serious look at the cleaniness and organization of your post this time. We will not give you any points (except the regular Bonus points) for this, but might take 1 away though, if necessary.

Deadline for giving the orders/ demands is midnight (NYtime) Friday the 22nd, 2009. Please make sure to post it by then. Remember, they are waiting for you to do so. Don't let them wait. Thank You.

Deadline for building the Governor's demands and the orders from the rebels will be on Sunday 7th June, 2009 at midnight time (NYtime).

This time please respect the deadlines and we will give you 1 xtra point for doing so. If you're 5 minutes late, no xtra-point! You have a total of three weeks, so get to it now instead of putting it aside again until the very last minute. Thank you. I myself (mrbisonm) will be giving a good example and post my challenge within the first week after I have received the orders.

After this challenge it will be "halftime", meaning 50 % of all challenges will be in, and we will reveil the first half of Bonus points with their explanations, earned during the 5 challenges. Challenge 6 will be the beginning of a new era, something totally new and different again.

Hope you will again enjoy this challenge and we wish you good luck doing them.

Before you go on playing, please give me some time to judge my challenge No 4 please. I will give you until tuesday evening. Thank you. (this is open to everyone, players, lurkers, visitors etc)

Remember you will be ordered to change the separatist's regionpart by the one Player above your name, and you will give orders to the Player below your name. The last one of the list goes back to the top to continue the circle. Good Luck.

Lynn and Fred

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Player's list for the 5th Challenge:

dedgren
RustyXL
metarvo
TheTeaCat
Threestooges
mrbisonm
splime
Newsimaddict
jmyers2043
Pat
BarbyW
wouanagaine
Turtle
mattb325
Cabrabuitre
XiahouDun
antn
jmouse
io_bg
Cameron 1991
mrtnrln
Soulchaser
tooheys

------------------------------------------------------------------

Non-Official Player's list:(again the one on the bottom will give orders to the one on top of the list.

frostwolf
JJ
zzsteven

------------------------------------------------------------------

One last thing and very IMPORTANT to do NOW:
Create a challenge 5 thread, so we can give you orders again!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

soulchaser

Wow...a lot to do....but, do we really have to build all 3 (THREE) kinds of army bases? was always hoping to choose one. never made a naval base before. might sure loose this one, because I don't have any clue how to start.

And: (EDIT) we have the rigth to reconnect, but don't have to? is this separatists' order or mayor's?

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

RustyXL

Is there a limit to how big we can make the air force base?

Pat

So this round Sheep is mine and I am Barby's oooh boy lol.......

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jmyers2043

Hello Fred - Sheep49 did not complete challenge 3 or 4. I presume he's dropped out. Shall I give orders to Pat?  ()flamdev()   
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Pat

I think you might be doing that there Jim lol and I am soo confussed lol... I guess I will be giving my orders to Barby lol this round.... I was reading as it was going one player up from our name, not down... See what happens when drugs are kicking in lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

newsimaddict

A question if I may...

QuoteYou will have the right to reconnect ALL road and rail connections to the separatists, but with a control point only.(incl. the rails which need a control point also)

What is a control point? Like a switch or something? or along the lines of join the roads etc but leave the gatehouses?

Thanks for the help in advance!

mrbisonm

Some answers to your questions:

newsimaddict,  by control point we mean a bordercontrol point as if you're going from one country into another and showing your passport etc. Every traffic passing from one regionhalf to another needs to be inspected before letting it pass.

Pat, you will give orders to BarbyW and receive them from jmyers2043, sorry for the mixup. Getting confused here ourselves by not knowing anymore who is and who is not participating anymore.

jmyers2043, sorry for this, yes you will be giving orders to Pat.

RustyXL, no, there's no size limit, if you enjoy doing an army or airforce base etc, hey.....go for it, but leave some space for the next 5 challenges though ;)

soulchaser, it looks like a lot, but it ain't in reality. If you cannot or will not build one or two of the three military bases, you simply will not receive 1 point for each. But if you don't have any military bases at all, you will get 3 penalty points as well. So, make sure that you have at least one or two of them and do your best, let your imagination wander and create all three for some big points.
Hint: Just a seawall with a warship nearby should do the trick.

Good luck

Fred

Splime

So, since mightygoose has not done challenge 4, does that mean I should order newsimaddict instead?

Also, does anyone know any good lots to make an air force base out of? My search through the LEX has returned empty-handed. I mean, I can make a landing strip fine, and add some hangars, but adding jets or anything else military-like seems a bit harder.

RustyXL

For jets have a look at Tabi's Military Planes. You can probably find some other military vehicles and buildings in some of the SNM packs.

mrbisonm

Quote from: Splime on May 18, 2009, 07:09:37 PM
So, since mightygoose has not done challenge 4, does that mean I should order newsimaddict instead?

Also, does anyone know any good lots to make an air force base out of? My search through the LEX has returned empty-handed. I mean, I can make a landing strip fine, and add some hangars, but adding jets or anything else military-like seems a bit harder.

I have send a pm to mightygoose and if he doesn't post before tomorrow night 9PM, the list will change for you.

Fred

newsimaddict

mrb - ahhh (i should go overseas more often) thanks for the quick answer.

Also, Rayden wrote in his last challenge 4 postm that he might not play anymore...can you please let me know if so from whom i receive my orders from? thanks.

sighs...orders orders everywhere!

mrbisonm

Quote from: newsimaddict on May 18, 2009, 08:07:27 PM
mrb - ahhh (i should go overseas more often) thanks for the quick answer.

Also, Rayden wrote in his last challenge 4 postm that he might not play anymore...can you please let me know if so from whom i receive my orders from? thanks.

sighs...orders orders everywhere!

Sorry, I didn't see that you're from Australia, never been there, but I don't think you have borderlines (douane) there, right?. Bordercontrol are those offcial road/hgwy/rail passes from one country to another in most places. Europe has lost most of them, but Canada, US and Mexico still have them, so do many other countries in Asia, Africa and South America. Maybe by doing a search with google images, it may come in helpful. Good luck.

Don't worry about the orders.....lol....the next challenge will be easy, funny and relaxing.

Now, Rayden has officially resigned from GRV II and now you have to give orders to jmyers2043.

Good luck

Fred

newsimaddict

No we dont have borderlines, only states. The only thing that separates us from neigbouring countries is a whole lot of water!

Sweet news on my new victim - jmyers hey? I shall go over and have another look at his updates and get some ideas... ;)
thanks!

cameron1991

Are we allowed to terraform the coast for the naval base? And if so, how much is too much terraforming? Could I create a U shaped harbour with two long piers?

Jmouse

newsimaddict, take a look at the Nexis Road Control BatLot. Gen. Fred (aka mrbisonm), ordered me to use it in Ch4, and I plan on using it in Ch5 as well. Hope this helps.

Later...
Joan

mrbisonm

Quote from: cameron1991 on May 18, 2009, 09:54:50 PM
Are we allowed to terraform the coast for the naval base? And if so, how much is too much terraforming? Could I create a U shaped harbour with two long piers?

Yes you are allowed to terraform the river or sea edge to a certain extend, meaning: make it look like that it could have been done within a month or so. Don't completely change the landscape. The U-shape naval harbour is no problem as long as you keep the piers in a respective size.

Fred

turtle

I have a question. On which side should the control points for road and rail be placed, the separatist side?
My name is Thomas...

mrbisonm

Quote from: turtle on May 19, 2009, 08:18:56 AM
I have a question. On which side should the control points for road and rail be placed, the separatist side?

Hm....good question. Sorry for not having it mention more precisely, but it will be on the Mayor's side and not the rebel's side,
since first:
You do not control the separatist's side anymore, nor does the Governor and it was he who gave the order to you,
and second:
the separatist's already have their checkpoint. We need our own checkpoints to make sure that harmful material enters our mayor side of the region........you never know what separatists are up to.......

Fred

Pat

Fred would I have the chance to finish up the tile that I was ordered to work in last challenge or has that been gone and done with now?