• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GRV II-Challenge No 2

Started by mrbisonm, March 22, 2009, 06:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Calling all Mayors! Congratulation Mayors, you've passed the first challenge. Are you ready for the next one?

CHALLENGE 2

««« When the Governor drove through the Bordertown region on Your newly constructed road , he realized that the region was actually still quite empty and spacious. So he decided that it was time to do something about this and saw many possibilities.
The next day he had the Secretary write a letter to each Mayor to announce his plans of urbanizing the region.
"Let's sell the lands to our sims for a good and acceptable prize and bring in some immigrants to cultivate, live, work and to raise their families here. That will bring us a lot of taxes later on. The future is ours and let's make it a great one and let the region flourish." he wrote to the mayors, but first here is what he wants you to manage now. »»»

Here is the second part of the Challenges. Hope you all liked the first one.

You will have until Tuesday the 7th of April, noon (NY-time) to finish this challenge. If you have any questions about this challenge, don't hesitate to do so, please ask your questions in this thread below only.

Challenge: Everything in RED is a MUST DO for the challenge. Good luck.

A.  You are asked to build a Powerstation/plant, or anything that will be able to sustain a small town with electrical energy in a strategical location. Choose the location well, according to your future downtown or towncenter.
As a responsable mayor you will have to think about any kind of possible pollution, practical access, costs of maintenance and of course of efficiency. It should supply electricity for 15,000 to 25,000 simhomes and it should look like it does.
Concerning the construction cost and budget, the Governor will give what you need, but don't overdo it though and build a nuclear plant or something that big, ok?! The budget is fairly high, so you will be able to build a goodlooking plant.  Be a responsable mayor this time!

So, you must build a power/energy plant or whatever thing that delivers electricty or any other form of energy to your futur town now, whether it is one lot/BAT or a combination of several lots together or independantly plopped, no matter how and where. You decide the most logical place for it to be. This powerstation will supply both towns (on each side of the river) to begin with. Please mention on which tile you have build it.
Then you will hire about 30 to 35 simworkers to take care of and maintain it and making sure that they have a place to stay nearby, on the same tile. If you already have a village/town on this tile, mention it so and show it on an additional picture.

B.  Then another thing that is as important, if not more important, is the watersource. Clean, pure and fresh water for your sims. The way you get it is up to you. Again, you can use one BAT/Lot or a combination of several together, whether they are or are not water delivering lots but as long as they look like it. Awake your imagination. A little story with it could be interesting but is not necessary. Again the budget is big enough to build something decent, but don't tell us you don't like our judgements if you build something as big as for a megacity! Just be logical and fair.

Points for the watersystems and energy plants will be given how ingenious, goodlooking and original you plopped them, plus their location, which is quite important too. (Private custom BATs will not earn more points than existing ones). You can use them, but we will not make a difference in judging, simply to give everyone the same chance. Please mention again on which tile.
Again you need to hire about a dozen or so simworkers to work on the site , making sure that they have a place to stay nearby on the same tile.

C.  Then one last favour the Governor asks is to build another road/street/SAM (only and nothing else, no RHW, no oneways, no Hgwys, no blvds), starting from the point of that tile where in challenge 1 you showed us a picture in mayormode (tile B, E or H only) to anywhere on the map connecting to the neighboring region (simnation) and crossing at least 3 (three) other citytiles. (maximum crossing of 5 tiles). Give it a number or name and mention it. Then explain in a few words why you decided as a mayor to have chosen this trajectory of the new road. We would like to see a region picture in transportation mode please.

To show this week in your second update:

1.  Two pictures in view 2, 3 or 4 Mayormode from any angle each of your ENTIRE power/energy installation and the simworker's homes, mentioning the letter of the citytile.
2.  Two pictures in view 2, 3 or 4 Mayormode from any angle each of your ENTIRE Watersystem installation and the simworker's home, mentioning the letter of the citytile.
3.  One picture in regional view (transportation) of the entire region showing us the newly placed road/street/SAM. Make sure to take the picture after the installation of the water and power plants.

EDIT:

««We will allow you to show us two (2) more pictures each of both the powerplant and water supply, meaning you can add 4 more additional pictures of these installations in any view and angle you prefer to your update. Just in case that the two (2) minimum pictures required above do not show all you want to show us. No more though! These additional pictures are not a "must" include»»

Once this challenge is finished and uploaded to your Challenge 2 thread in your private board, you may go ahead and play in two (2) new/fresh citytiles on your map and where ever you wish to, whether they are beside the one you started already or anywhere else in the region , but only two tiles, making it a total of three tiles under construction.

Again, Bonus points will be given for special projects, ingenious ideas and excellent choice of location and organization of what we see in your pictures.

Hope you enjoy this one as much as the first or maybe more and wishing you good luck

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

BigSlark

Fred,

Just to be clear, I am allowed to build my power and water sources in any tile?

Cheers,
Kevin

threestooges

Just to be clear, when you say 30-35 simworkers for the power plant and other such numbers, this is based off the actual sim count for the homes and not off an assumed number of sims (say 2-4) per home right?
-Matt

mightygoose

the above two are my only questions...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mrbisonm

...just to be clear...

BigSlark, Yes, any tile you wish, there's no specific place.
threestooges,  one cannot be that precise to "kick a fly in the bum" to get rid of it, just make it look like that some houses or housing seem to hold approximately 30 to 35 sims, even if the game says 100.  But don't build 100 homes and tell us that 35 sims live there or vice versa, build only 2 small homes with 35 sims.
Let's say you will build the powerplant away from civilization that you already have or don't in your region, the Power and Water Company supplies for its workers a place to stay, so they are on time and always available for work. If somehow you build the energy and/or waterplant nearby already existing residentials, just show us a picture of it compared to the location of the plants, like a picture in view 2 or 3.
mightygoose, see above.

BTW, I edited the challenge, by adding two to four more pictures allowed.

Fred

BarbyW

Fred, can the water and power be built on different tiles or must both be on the same one?
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Diggis

Quote from: mrbisonm on March 22, 2009, 06:54:08 PM
Once this challenge is finished and uploaded to your Challenge 2 thread in your private board, you may go ahead and play in two (2) new/fresh citytiles on your map and where ever you wish to, whether they are beside the one you started already or anywhere else in the region , but only two tiles, making it a total of three tiles under construction.

If I have one tile already being built on, put my power plant and water plant in another tile (or possibly 2 tiles looking at barby's question) and then can develop 2 more I could potentially have 4 or 5 tiles under construction.  Am I missing something? ()what()

mrbisonm

BarbyW, Yes, water and power can be on different tiles and also on the same. Up to you.
Diggis, No, you're not missing anything here. Once finished the above challenge you can build on 2 more citytiles amking it a total of 3 tiles that you have played on freegame. (freegame tiles are the ones you chose to build whatever you want to build and wherever)
In total you may now have up to 5 tiles developped if you took a tile for each challenge, plus your three (3) freegame tiles.

Fred

EDIT: I will be gone for the day, maybe until tomorrow. Lynn will help you out later tonight with any questions. Thanks.
Fred

Diggis

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

soulchaser

Just one more question:

May I connect water /electricity from the plants to my towns even if thy're not neighbours? if not, these plants would be senseless ;)

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

Rayden

This budget stuff it's a double-edged knife. Can you tell me that if I build my electric and water sources the closest to the town centre now to save money, and later when the city grows, tear them down apart to build further away will not be judge negatively then? Or if I build them far now thinking on future city expansion will not be judged as extra money spent on longer electric or pipe lines?

Splime

For Part C of this challenge, which tile do you want us to start from? The tile we showed in Challenge 1 in Zoom 1, or the tile we developed between Challenge 1 and 2?

MandelSoft

Blast! It looks like my electricity facility is way too cheap (although it works in-game)! I have already post pictures of it in the Challenge 2 post. Seems like I have to change it.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

lynncanox

Hi

I will try my best to help and I hope you will understand and I understand.

To Soulchaser: You may connect the water and the electricity compagnie to your city that exist. It is made for this.
To Rayden: You can build it where you want in Your region and the distance far or close is not a matter for the judging of the budget. The budget will be judged only if You build to big the electricity and water, bigger than for 25000 habitants.
To Splime: You have showed us a tile in your challenge 1 inview 1, you will start the street from there.
To Mrtnlrn: I am sorry but I do not understand your problem, you have to wait for Fred.

I hope you understand every thing.Bonne chance.

Salutations,
                             Lynn
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

Rayden

Thx Lynn for clearing that out, have a nice weekend.

Au revoir. :)

Kitsune

So lets say I start the road tile B, can I cross this new road with route 10 in another tile along with its starting point?
~ NAM Team Member

lynncanox

Hi Kitsune

I don't understand Your question right, but You have to start the new road from the Route 10 on and then go throu 3 tuiles minimum and no more than 5 tuiles and You have to connect to outer region somewhere. You can cross Route 10 in another tuile if You have to any time. I hope I understood right.

Lynn
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

soulchaser

For part C, I have one additional question:

You want us to build the new rout through at least 3 OTHER tiles? that means 4 all together? darn.

I think I'll lose these point. all possible routes are senseless. I could build one with 2 other tiles, so 3 all together.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

MandelSoft

Quote from: soulchaser on March 28, 2009, 04:51:15 AM
For part C, I have one additional question:

You want us to build the new rout through at least 3 OTHER tiles? that means 4 all together? darn.

I think I'll lose these point. all possible routes are senseless. I could build one with 2 other tiles, so 3 all together.

This was my problem too. The routes that makes the most sense to me where going through only 1 or 2 other city tiles.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE