• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

General GRV II Discussion

Started by mrbisonm, February 21, 2009, 08:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

Good to hear from you Fred, though I'm sorry to hear about your trip. Hope all is well now that you're back, and when you're ready for it I'll be looking forward to seeing what you've come up with for the rest of the Challenge 10's.
-Matt

soulchaser

Wow, this is some bad news....I've been worried about you for some weeks now, seeing you not posting a single word....have thought of something like this.....well, good to hear from you....take time for your recovery...and tell Lynn, that everything is fine and there's no problem with not posting ;) .....we understand...somethings have priorities  :thumbsup:

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

Thanks folks. I'm glad to be back and now that I have all the time I need, I will be here more often.
I am working on theree different Challenges 10 for you this weekend, studying the regions and find a decent, but also challenging route for the highway regional crossing. This should be ready by sunday evening or monday morning. So expect to see 3 uploads by latest on monday.
Today I will be busy, since all my family (3 sons and family) come over for the weekend for the first time since "that" day. I guess I won't be on the internet for the weekend.

See you then

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

metarvo

It sounds to me like it might take another vacation to recover from a vacation like that one.  I'm sorry about the way that one went.  &mmm  I'm glad you're back, though.  ;)  I completed my Challenge 9 a while back, so I'll be glad to see GRV II continue.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mrbisonm

Metarvo and Threestooges have their challenge 10 now, sorry for being late.
I will upload the others tomorrow, working on them tonight.

Fred

threestooges

Looked it over. Just waiting on the green light to begin construction.

mrbisonm

Everyone has its challenge 10 now and I will need someone to plan my own challenge 10 once I have finished my challenge 9 which should be done by next sunday. Anyone offering him/herself? I prefer to have someone do it that is NOT implicated with the challenges. Anyone? (maybe a former Player of GRV II or someone that knows what's going on here)

Quote from: threestooges on September 27, 2010, 05:04:08 PM
Looked it over. Just waiting on the green light to begin construction.

You can start whenever you wish, the green light is *on*. ;)

Fred

jmyers2043

QuoteLooked it over. Just waiting on the green light to begin construction.

Matt - I see that SoulChaser received his construction assignment. I think that's the last one. Fred can correct me if I'm wrong - but I think it's green light time and time to roll up my sleeves.

- Jim

<edit>  :D   As I type, Fred posts.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

Quote from: jmyers2043 on September 27, 2010, 06:20:26 PM
Matt - I see that SoulChaser received his construction assignment. I think that's the last one. Fred can correct me if I'm wrong - but I think it's green light time and time to roll up my sleeves.

- Jim

<edit>  :D   As I type, Fred posts.

You're right Jim, let's go for it.....lol, take your time and think it over. We will ask for the pictures once the highway is done, so please let us know when it is finished.

Btw, be sure to show us some picture during the construction, show us whatever you have finished while going through the region. Of course you're not obliged to do this, nor does it give you any points nor Bonuses, but I'm sure many of us would like to see the progress and also an idea what picture to ask you later. Good luck everyone.

Fred

EDIT:  For anyone who is behind with his/her challenges but wants to catch up, no problem. Once Challenge 9 is finished and I have the map, let me know here in this thread, and I will deliver you the Challenge 10. No rush.... ;)

mrbisonm

I'll be gone "beaching" somewhere in the Caribbien islands for the next 8 days, starting Thursday night, October 7th, getting some sun on my new scars.....lol

Fred

soulchaser

you surely deserve it...have fun :)

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

lol....Not sure if I deserve it, but it surely will feeeeel gooood...lol. I think Lynn deserves it more.
Anyways, the trip is her idea, because when I started wandering around the house (inside and out) and not knowing what to do with my "corps", she thought it would be a good idea to do some "touristing" in the islands" which will keep my mind and body busy for awhile. I simply find the time kinda loooong while waiting for my wounds to heal. I'm not allowed to do this or that and physically I am limited too, especially when I bend down or try to lift things, even small ones like my cat.
The scars on my breast are healing well but are still kind of sensitive when it comes o using the muscles within. The heart is perfect, haven't felt that good since years.
So, I guess it is a matter of patience now and pass some good time with my Lynn and myself.......and hey....of course, all of you included. ;)
Don't do anything I wouldn't do while I'm gone. See ya next week.

Fred

zzsteven

Hi Fred and Lynn,

Hope y'all are enjoying your vacation.

Just letting you know Challenge 8 is posted. It's been ready for months but I got sidetracked and forgot about it. Sorry.

Been working on Challenge 9 the last two weeks and its almost ready to post.

zz

zzsteven

And Challenge 9 is now posted.

zz

mrbisonm

Quote from: zzsteven on October 10, 2010, 08:43:46 AM
And Challenge 9 is now posted.

zz

I still have to upload my latest challenges, but as soon as I do it, I will be judging your last challenges. Looks good.

BTW, I am working on your challenge 10 early this week.

Fred

CabraBuitre

I just posted my Challenge 6 entry.  It just got lost in the mail.  Yeah, that's it!

It is now open for voting and I am working on 6a now.  At the rate I work, it should be ready by 2015....   :-\

In all reality, I have a region that's big enough, I just need to add some more farms to get up to 20% and snap some pictures!

Check out Abelfarei!

zzsteven

Well Fred, here we are almost 2 1\2 years later. 10 challenges posted and no end in sight. :)  Bet you didn't think this would still be going on back then, I certainly didn't.

It has been a great adventure for me learning to lot edit, hunting for the "right" download to fit the mood/requirements, and applying ideas read in various MD's. The comments made by you and Lynn were very helpful in understanding how put things together in way that looked good. In fact I go back occasionally and reread them to refresh my memory.

I was thinking it might be time to finish with challenge 10, get 11 (and 12? ) posted and wrap this up.

Thank you for a fun and thought provoking game.

zz

mrbisonm

Well, I know, it has been "longing" a long time and I would like to finish it this early winter (November/december) once and for all. I will then send a PM to all those who would like to add something to their regions and then decide for a winner and close the subject.

What didn't help was that it was a little too long. I should have thought so. Then with Lynn loosing her mother and leaving me wasn't easy neither, then my heart attack didn't help and so on.
But I am hard headed and surely will finish this challenge before Jan 1st 2012. So be prepared  in November.

If I will ever do another challenge like this, which btw I have already figured out, it will be one challenge at a time and a winner pronounced for every turn. That way, if you got tired of participating after a few shots, others will still enjoy the ones coming up.

But we'll see about that next year (after New years 2012)
I will get in touch with the players by the end of october 2011.

;)

Fred

zzsteven

Thanks Fred.

Nov/Dec sounds great.

Having had health issues of my own this past year, I can certainly understand how "real life" can derail a plan. Thanks to the pace of the GRV, I was able to come back and still not be very far behind. So please don't misunderstand, this was not a complaint. Just trying to bring a bit of life back to Bordertown.

You're already thinking about another Challenge? Cool!!!!!  :)

zz

mrbisonm

Quote from: zzsteven on September 10, 2011, 04:31:14 PM
Thanks Fred.

Nov/Dec sounds great.
So please don't misunderstand, this was not a complaint.

You're already thinking about another Challenge? Cool!!!!!  :)
zz

Don't worry, I didn't take that as a complaint at all, more like an buzzer that woke me up..... ;)

Well, after having seen what happened to GRVI and then GRV II, I realised that most get tired of the challenges after a certain time or don't find the time to follow it whole, therefor the idea to make totally independant one-time challenges would be more fun and for everyone welcome.
We'll see about that later this winter. I will have to talk to few of members here first.

mrb