• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SFBT Releases

Started by Andreas, April 27, 2007, 04:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeatzoSeol

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

omeral

Hello -

First, let me say that I am a noobie - so if this post is in the wrong place or asks something obvious please forgive.

I downloaded the SFBT Commuter Stations package and installed them along with all dependencies. I have placed a few of them in a city with a dense network of commuter rail. By all appearances, they appear to function well - upon query it shows that they are well used. However, when I do a path query, it appears that they function only as endpoints on the network, meaning that trains "arrive" and "depart" but they do not go "through" the stations. The paths look as if they cut off at the stations, continuing on either side. I lay the stations on existing rail and then, for good measure, drag the rail through them again. And yet, still no appearance of through traffic. The maxis in-game rail stations function differently -most likely because they lay aside the rail and not on it as the SFBT stations do.

I have searched the forum for a discussion of this, and could not find anything that mentioned this. Other than a mention of a "TE issue" with a previous version that has been corrected in the version I installed.

Is this just the way they are supposed to function? Or am I witnessing an actual problem here? I really like the stations and want to continue using them, but the thought that they might be disrupting the network is somewhat annoying. 

I have the latest version of NAM installed, in case that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for any help or clues.

Andreas

By "path query", do you mean the route query tool? The interrupted arrows that you see there are normal for any "network enabled" lot, that means a lot where the network goes directly through the lot. The Maxis railway stations are "transit enabled" as well, /this means they have a regular set of Transit Switch properties), but not "network enabled". However, if someone says "transit enabled", he usually means that the network goes through the lot, so this term has become the universal description for lots that are actually "network enabled" as well. If your stations work fine in the game, you can ignore the interrupted arrow, though.
Andreas

omeral

Andreas-

Thank you very much for your reply. After my post, i used the "drawpaths" function of the extra cheats plugin to look at the paths and was satisfied to see that traffic was indeed going through the stations despite what the route query shows. Your explanation confirms it for me. Thanks again!

Andreas

SFBT NAM Tram-in-Avenue Roundabout Flora by Chrisim

Chrisim has created various Type 21 Exemplar files that will place flora props in the Tram-in-Avenue Roundabout from the NAM. The T21s are using prop families, so each time you plop a Tram-in-Avenue Roundabout, you will get a slightly different appearance.

SFBT NAM Custom FLUP Tiles Set A by Chrisim

Another T21 mod that Chrisim created will add custom tile layouts to the Flexible Underpass puzzle pieces from the NAM. They can be used to build FLUP underpasses below parks or streams. Most of the custom tiles can be selected by rotating the FLUP puzzle pieces several times. The tooltip text will help you to select the proper tile when building the FLUPs.

SFBT Euro Road Textures Mod Update

Since the Euro Road Textures Mod download gets quite large, I have decided to provide an update version as well, which only contains the files that have been changed or added since the last release (which was in January 2009). If you have installed the January 2009 version already, you can simply download the update and extract the desired files from the ZIP file (no installer included, so it works both for Windows and Mac users). If you prefer the installer, or if you are not sure which version you have installed, you can also download the updated full versions (Win or Mac).

What's new?

• Euro textures for the new FAR puzzle pieces from the NAM
  • Euro textures for the NAM Rural Roads plugin
  • updated Euro textures for the GLR plugin
  • several Euro texture plugins for sithlrd98's re-textured Wide Radius Curve and Fractional Angled Roads plugins

sithlrd's textures have been made as modular as possible, so you can use jeronij's high-wealth WRC plugin together with the low-wealth FAR plugin, for instance. For more information about that, please contact sithrld98 or refer to his support thread.

Andreas

sithlrd98

Quote from: Andreas on July 20, 2009, 10:06:36 AM
sithlrd's textures have been made as modular as possible, so you can use jeronij's high-wealth WRC plugin together with the low-wealth FAR plugin, for instance. For more information about that, please contact sithrld98 or refer to his support thread.

That works ! Thanks for adding these, and for any of those questions...here is my thread Sithlrd98 WideRadius Curve MODs

Jayson

M4346

Hi Andreas and Jayson,

First of all, thanks a million to both of you!  ;D

Secondly, a question, as usual. I don't use JRJ's mods, but use the Sandstone mod, do I then not add any of the JRJ mods in the zip at all? Would the following files be sufficient:

FAR, GLR and Rural Roads plugin as well as the FAR update 1 Sandstone?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

sithlrd98

If you only use sandstone,then you just need the sandstone.Same goes for all of the "original"sets (white,SAP,etc.) The JRJ set is a modular set where you can mix and match curves to give the illusion of wealth textured curves to match Jeronijs mod.

I thought that this would be the best approach since he had all 3 wealths accounted for in his mod , but understand that it is somewhat confusing :)

Jayson

M4346

Well it was properly named and packaged, and as such aided in avoiding confusion, at least for me, understanding that when it is labelled JRJ that I don't need it, if I don't use it.

However, to be on the safe side, I thought I'd ask here for further clarification.

Again, thanks a million and congratulations on a job well done!  ()stsfd()
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

metasmurf

Thanks a bunch for euro rural road textures!  :thumbsup:

Leodido

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

Dino007

After I installed Euro Texture Mod Update the wide radius curves and FAR pieces now have sidewalks ()what()
I don't have any of sithlrd98 modes for sidewalks.
TIGR

Andreas

Looks like you did install sithlrd98's Euro textures, though. If you don't want to use sithlrd98's mod, you only need to install the three files that start with "zzz1_NAM_". Simply delete everything that has "_Sithlrd98_" in it.
Andreas

sithlrd98

To try and keep this area clear of questions about any of my mods , please check HERE.

Jayson

swashbuckler

Hi, does anyone know what do I need for trains in SFBT Garbage Shipping Yard. It is said that there at gizmo's site. I have downloaded his trains and tried all of them and still nothing. Thanks.  ()what()

Andreas

Apparently, the Maxis Train Car Props V3 are not available anymore. I still have them on my HD, so I could send you a copy - eventually, I'll have to update the lot, as it seems.
Andreas

swashbuckler

I will wait for you to update that lot.  ;D
Thanks.

puresim

Just wanted to say thanks to the SFBT team for their wonderful creations. A bit of clever marketing by Andreas a few days ago led me to look through here and since then I've downloaded many of the releases featured. Looking forward to seeing more high-quality work from you guys in the future (especially the railway/transit goodies) ;D

ebina

Not sure if this is the right place to post... Attached a patch file that replaces RHD paths used in SFBT's tram-in-avenue stations with LHD paths. You don't have to install the patch since the errors don't affect simulation. If your trams often "derail" at those stations in UDI, the patch would fix it.

First image is when not patched. Tram tracks inside the stations are RHD.

Copy SFBT_GLR_Station_Resources_LHD_Paths.dat to the same folder as SFBT_GLR_Station_Resources.dat. SFBT_GLR_Station_Resources.dat can be found in /SimCity 4/Plugins/SFBT/SFBT_Props. Do not remove SFBT_GLR_Station_Resources.dat.