• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Vlasky going global BATs

Started by Vlasky, February 09, 2013, 08:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Vlasky

RepublicMaster: for the modeling part, you won't have to wait for too long :)
Republic: I'm glad you like it. I like Selbring and I'm happy this BAT will find its place there :)
Aaron Graham: Thank you my friend!

Here's the quick update. Modelling is done. Little bit of roof junk will be added, but for now, I'm working on the materials and hopefully, I'll have something new to show soon!

My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

Girafe

Lovely BAT, can't wait for the textures :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

noahclem

Great model  &apls  I'm looking forward to the textures  :thumbsup:

Vlasky

Girafe: Thank you very much!
Aaron Graham: I appreciate your support! Thank you friend.
noahclem: Thank you Noah! Textures are coming.

So these are the preliminary textures. Hopefully you like them. I will be however tweaking them to achieve better results. But I wanted to show you what direction I'm taking.

My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

MTT9

You can call me Matt

Bipin

noahclem

Looks great  :thumbsup:  The textures are quite light and quite clean so if that's not your goal you may want to consider darkening and/or dirtying a little.

darknono35

Yeah the textures looks too light, but this is a first aproach :) and this building will be an awesome Art Deco piece in the game  ;)
I can't wait the next update. As always, good job buddy  &apls !!

NYBT   -   USA Buildings   -   CBT

RepublicMaster

I agree with the people above. :P

Looking great though. :D

Vlasky

MTT9: Thank you.
Bipin: Thank you Bipino!
noahclem, darknono35 and RepublicMaster: I've addressed the too light textures issue, hope you like it better now.
Thank you for comments and here comes the update.

I need to work more on glass and shops and few little changes on the textures wil be done. I hope I'll finish this fast, I went trough tons of changes with textures and it's taking it's toll on my patience lol

and let's not forget the zoom 5 :)

noahclem

Looks awesome man  &apls  The texture patience seems to have paid off  ;D

MTT9

These textures look much better!
You can call me Matt

Aaron Graham

Swordmaster

Looking great from here, though we'd need an in game render to tell for sure :P    (and while you're at it, some nightlights . . .  $%Grinno$%)

Cheers
Willy

FrankU

I second that. Beuatiful! Beautiful! (spelling is so hard...)
It would be perfect if you could add some stuff on the terraces and balconies. A bit of greenery, a bench, maybe a sunshade here and there...

rooker1

That looks awesome! Will be in the NORO plugins folder, I'm sure.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Vlasky

noahclem: Thank you Noah.
MTT9: Thank you.
Aaron Graham: Thanks buddy!
Swordmaster: Shhhhh, for your eyes only Willy, but don't tell anyone! http://i.imgur.com/oYThCCi.png :P
FrankU: lol I will see what I ca do, what is there in RL., but with this being an office building, not much is on those terraces. It says a lot that there aren't even doors to them, lol. But I might need your help actually. In addition to orthogonal and diagonal, I wan't to render this BAT at an angle at which NYC recreators can use it in their recreations. I think I've see that you've done WFC recreation so, if you have some advice, I'd be very thankful and so will other ppl who are recreating NYC.
rooker1: Thank you Robyn! I'm happy to hear that. ANd just so you know, I follow Noro, so I'll be watching ... lol

First of all, a thank you for someone is long overdue. Jasoncw has always been helping me with whatever I do. Whenever I'm stuck, in a rush, or a dead end, I go to him and he always helps me. He's a great friend and a masterful teacher. He helped me a lot with this building as well as all the previous I've done, and much of my achievements with this BAT are thanks to him, so thank you Jason!

As for the BAT, well the modeling part of this building is done (unless someone comes around at some moment giving me good reasons I should do huge HVACs on top). I did shops and entrance, added lamps which can't be seen, HVACs on the back, changed ground map, added bump maps, and tweaked materials. All in all I think it's a good change and apart from the glass which I still don't like, all else should be final.

APSMS

That's an interesting in-game render, Vlasky... *cough*

The rest of the work looks very nice, and even those windows, though I'm guessing it's because they're too blueish?
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation