• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Mapper is not working

Started by dragonshardz, August 03, 2007, 12:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

whenever i open up the mapper, it loads fine but when i click on the "Create Region" button, the "author's notes" page comes up and there is no way to get rid of it without the mapper not working.

Rayden

Unfortunately that's the only Wouanagaine's tool that I could never had it working 100%. It did work once, then it didn't and crashed. Some times it doesn't even loads.
I'm waiting until Wouanagaine gets is RL sorted it out and finds some extra time to look around this problem.
But you still have the SC4Terraformer that can do SC4Mapper's job, and it does work under Vista OS.
Give it a try, and don't forget to read the readme file carefully. ;)

vester

Had the same kind of problems.

Am now using SC4Terraformer instead.

dragonshardz

so what should i do? SC4Terraformer and SC4Mapper are the same so i should be able to do what i need to do with the CP Grand Canyon map, ie, export it into SC4 as a region, right?

@Rayden: i don't have Vista i have XP Pro :thumbsup:

Rayden

If you have XP Pro, it should work 100% OK. I know because I had it working before I upgrade to Vista. Please check the documentation, readme file that should had been with that tool installation.

vester

I have Win XP Pro SP2 and the sc4tf is working. You might need to download some dll files to make it work. All explained in the readme.

dragonshardz

yes yes i know but since SC4M is a pared-down version of SC4TF, it does all that SC4M can do right?

Rayden

Quote from: dragonshardz on August 03, 2007, 01:57:09 PM
yes yes i know but since SC4M is a pared-down version of SC4TF, it does all that SC4M can do right?

Yes, it does a lot more. ;)

dragonshardz

well my problem is solved because i got SC4TF, but now i have problems with SC4TF. however this is is the wrong thread to post them in so this can be the last post before this thread is locked. thanks guys for all your help.