• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

Quote from: mike3775 on December 18, 2011, 06:54:37 AM
...because for some reason, when those get plopped, they go lower in the water than other shore based lots do(it may just be me)...

No, not just you ... I found them very handy for making canals as they plop below the waterline (plop one by the shore then delete, then plop the next one a bit further inland and so on) also useful if you want a straight bit of coastline with shallow water alongside it.
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

mrbisonm

Depending of what you have stored in your Pluginsfolder, some Peg files can or cannot become a problem with interfering of other files. I know because I had a lot of these problems simply because I have almost all the files available on the net in my plugins (some 16Gb's).
But, that is NOT the issue of this thread and that matter should be discussed for solutions on Peg's site.
I know now and I can assure you all that any Peg's resource file (including the SPAM Resource) does NOT interfere in any way with any other files in your Plugins as long as they are used as a dependency. I have tested it myself.

So, it is absolutely save for Frank to use the SPAM resource file as a dependency.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

catty

Quote from: mrbisonm on December 18, 2011, 09:46:30 AM
...But, that is NOT the issue of this thread and that matter should be discussed for solutions on Peg's site.

Sorry for the side track

QuoteI know now and I can assure you all that any Peg's resource file (including the SPAM Resource) does NOT interfere in any way with any other files in your Plugins as long as they are used as a dependency. I have tested it myself.

So, it is absolutely safe for Frank to use the SPAM resource file as a dependency.

Fred

:thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

mike3775

Quote from: mrbisonm on December 18, 2011, 09:46:30 AM
Depending of what you have stored in your Pluginsfolder, some Peg files can or cannot become a problem with interfering of other files. I know because I had a lot of these problems simply because I have almost all the files available on the net in my plugins (some 16Gb's).
But, that is NOT the issue of this thread and that matter should be discussed for solutions on Peg's site.
I know now and I can assure you all that any Peg's resource file (including the SPAM Resource) does NOT interfere in any way with any other files in your Plugins as long as they are used as a dependency. I have tested it myself.

So, it is absolutely save for Frank to use the SPAM resource file as a dependency.

Fred

sorry for the sidetrack. 

I will be grabbing this when it becomes available, because I have wanted to make a large agricultural city, just I hated maxis farms and never had enough alternatives to make a decent looking farm area(yes I know there are several great farms available, just with them and no maxis, it tends to be repetitive).  With this having maybe 75 more farms, it will be more than possible to actually do what I want to do and I am and will be thankful when it comes up

lak47

Yeah, I'm all for this. This is truly excellent work for us rural bunch  &apls

Already got most of the deps, if not all.

Lowkee33

This is looking very nice indeed  :thumbsup:  Thanks for all of the work.

FrankU

Hi,

It took me some time to find time, but I have an update.
The Stage 5 farms are being Lotted. I have some images for you; 6 farms. The number 7 is only a blank brown lot and when that one is finished I will make one or maybe two variations of every lot, so that the set will end with 14 or 15 lots.

OK, here they come:

Egberink Eieren
An egg farm with chickens that stay in the shed all the time. Quite common, although maybe not too chicken friendly.

Erve Mastenbroek
A large cow farm with two large barns. Two houses for the owner and the workers.

Kraakman Kassen
A glass house complex. Evidently.

Meester Bison Biggen
Pigs are being raised by Fred/mrbisonm himself, or was it his nephew with the same name? You could have seen this one before.

Erve Groot Koerkamp
A bit smaller than Erve Mastenbroek, but also; cows in a barn.

Borgelink Buitenei
An egg farm where the chickens have a large space outside the barn. At daytime they are outside, when they lay their eggs they are supposed to go inside. Their food is there too.

I try to make the farms a bit realistic, according to real world (Dutch) farms. I don't know if any of you knows about Dutch farming? If you have comments please let me know!
And of course every kind of comment, suggestion for improvement or otherwise is appreciated.

Now back to the SC4-Pim screen!

CasperVg

Those farms are looking really nice. The only thing I'm not so sure of is the red brick driveway on Erve Groot Koerkamp, it seems a little too 'posh' for a farm. The big variation in barns and sheds gives the lots a very organic and realistic look, as it gives you the impression the farms really "expanded" over time. I'm looking forward to their release :)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

mike3775

I agree with the red brick suggestion.  Those farms look sweet Frank.  They look great, and great detail work as well

carlfatal

Awesome! This looks really like benelux as i know these countries. It´s pure inspiration and i must say my farm don´t look half as good as Your stuff here.  &apls &apls
But i don´t understand Your problem with the maize. If it´s cause of the fieldlot merged with the farmlot? I can change this and ask my team mates for uploading as a single lot.
Greetz, Carl

FrankU

Hi all,

@ Casper

I agree. The brick is not in place there.
I usually use the brick for the "older" part of a farm lot, because in the old days they used brick for their terrain. But in this farm it becomes a bit of a weird corner in between the concrete. I will change that.
Thanks for the compliment.

@ mike 3775

Thanks!

@ Carlfatal

Thank you too.
My problem with using the maize is that using it would add another Dependency to my enormous list. I am afraid I am giving people heart attacks or breath shortages with it already. On the other hand: adding your maize also gives me some machinery and a shed that might come in handy.
There is one thing that I think is pity about the maize. Although it looks very good and the stubbs are a nice addition too, they are not in rows! And on real farmland the maize grows in perfectly straight rows. But I admit: this is not neccessarily a reason to leave the maize out.

gn_leugim

Now here is something I am (we are) in need. farms! they look very good ;)

mike3775

Quote from: FrankU on January 11, 2012, 07:30:48 AM
@ Carlfatal

Thank you too.
My problem with using the maize is that using it would add another Dependency to my enormous list. I am afraid I am giving people heart attacks or breath shortages with it already. On the other hand: adding your maize also gives me some machinery and a shed that might come in handy.
There is one thing that I think is pity about the maize. Although it looks very good and the stubbs are a nice addition too, they are not in rows! And on real farmland the maize grows in perfectly straight rows. But I admit: this is not neccessarily a reason to leave the maize out.

Whats 1 more dependency?  :)  Its already been shown that most of the people who have responded in this thread already have a vast majority of the dependencies needed already, so I honestly do not expect many to raise a fuss over 1 more at all.

mrbisonm

Quote from: FrankU on January 11, 2012, 07:30:48 AM

Well, I am the "Dependency Hater" ever since the BAT came out, had tough arguments with the fellows many years ago that later formed the BSC Group, but I must say that 1 more fairly "small" dependency wouldn't be that bad. After all, this one is excellent and almost a "musthave" if you grow farmlands, right?

Btw, I will be back to my "gmaxing" and re-rendering next week, still on xmas vacation.....lol

EDIT: Oh Geeeez, almost forgot.....those lots above  are sharp looking, Frank.  :thumbsup:

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Pat

Fred and Frank you two have a wonderful Co-op going here!!! I am loving the farms here and good job soo far... I am very pleased with what Ive seen and cant wait to get my hands on them!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

FrankU

Quote from: mike3775 on January 11, 2012, 02:07:55 PM
Whats 1 more dependency?  :)  Its already been shown that most of the people who have responded in this thread already have a vast majority of the dependencies needed already, so I honestly do not expect many to raise a fuss over 1 more at all.

OK, OK! I'll surrender!  :)
I am happy that you think this way about the dependencies.
I wil add the set as a dependency and will once more redo my Maize fields. And the farms, because here and there I could use the machines too. And maybe the barn.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments!

noahclem

Wow, this is a really outstanding project and looks excellent so far!  &apls &apls

I'm glad if the new, beautiful maize will be included in the set. Dependencies are what allow projects like this to happen and since these aren't exactly beginners' farm lots most users will have most files anyway (sorry to say it again since it's already been said so many times  :P )

One suggestion (a dependency no less): how about using the new HD seasonal cows (and other props) from recent VIP work? If you liked those better you could eliminate the BSC cow dependency.

Looking forward to playing with these  :thumbsup:

gn_leugim

I used to be a "no dependencies" fan, and I still try to make lots and stuff with less dependencies as possible. But, nowadays most dependencies are packed in large bulks, and most people have them already, so I dont get shocked any more with dependencies, as its usage is much easier now too :)

so I say, bring them on :p

mike3775

I said earlier in this thread, I prefer lots with zero dependencies, but I still grab lots with them so I have accumulated a bunch of them.  Its a necessary evil, and I will grab lots I like with or without them

evarburg

late to the thread but here goes :

As long as we can still use SPAM (and other agri stuff, carefully vetted) with the new farms, it would be GREAT. The dependency question is moot indeed as most of us non-beginners have them all already (and some !)

Two more things I'd like to see in that project are (1) the vehicle tracks -- minus the water bug if that is possible (JS dirtpaths) and (b) the country paths with trees and/or fences which can be found both in Nexis farm lots addons (no fences) and in DRMK_Trail set_v2 (fenced, TE and not TE, a wonderful set, very flexible, whose only default is that is ends up wayyyyyy down in the park menu)...