• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLexible UnderPasses (FLUPs)

Started by Chrisim, December 25, 2008, 04:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

In order for the underpass functionality to work, I believe you need to have the fountain/statue that is placed by default remain in the center.

Quote from: sagimine1 on October 20, 2011, 01:03:06 AM
Hi, although I am not new rather never posted on this site I do have a request to make if I am allow here that is. My request is there a way an underground railroad mod that would allow me to built the underground railroad without the top portion such as roads, avenues, highways, etc?

First off, welcome to posting!  There are "blank" tiles that don't have another network over top included in the FLUPs set, and the related Underground Rail (URail) set in the NAM.

-Alex

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: Tarkus on October 20, 2011, 12:08:49 PM
In order for the underpass functionality to work, I believe you need to have the fountain/statue that is placed by default remain in the center.

It's obvious :-[, but the lane's ring don't have FLUP functionality. :'(
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

pimmapman

It works for everyone else.... Have you actually tried it or are you assuming because when you plop it it doesn't appear to have the path things underneath the lanes of the roundabout?

vinlabsc3k

@pimmapman: Have you read my post to jdenm8?

@mrtnrln: I figured out, but it's not work for me. :'(

If this would help to find the conflict, I've NAM 3.0.r132, HRSP 1.0, RHW 5.0, NWM 2.0 and SAM 3.0, Light, Mono and High speed rail bridges by choco and Akashi-Kaikyo bridge by Fukuda
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

sagimine1

So I am guessing that a stand alone underground U-Drive railroad is not possible? How about a creation of an underground railroad tunnel?
I like to build the future, yet restriction to access_violation road block D:

jdenm8

A Standalone URail plugin will not be released. It is far too much work to separate it from the main NAM build when considering the asynchronousity issues.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

daniwes

I'm getting some kind of texture conflict with the FLUPs.
See the screenshots below, I have the most recent version of NAM and tried reinstalling, the FLUPs are actually working fine, they just look kinda crappy this way. Any idea how to fix this?
Possible conflict with the numerous BSC Props or BSC Texture packs out there?

http://www.uploadplaatjes.nl/plaatjes/6/229073.jpg
http://www.uploadplaatjes.nl/plaatjes/6/229074.jpg
http://www.uploadplaatjes.nl/plaatjes/6/229075.jpg
http://www.uploadplaatjes.nl/plaatjes/6/229076.jpg

sagimine1

Quote from: jdenm8 on October 22, 2011, 04:36:18 PM
A Standalone URail plugin will not be released. It is far too much work to separate it from the main NAM build when considering the asynchronousity issues.

I see, but is there a way to create an underground railroad pieces and incorporated with the NAM project? Say that if the is successful wouldn't be possible to expand to trams(which I believe is already in the work). Maybe something for Monorail/High Speed rail as well, which would be freaking awesome.

On the side not I am thinker not a doer ><

daniwes

Alright disregard my post: I deleted several prop packs I didn't need (from some seaport mods) and bsc textures packs 2 and 3. Then deleted the entire NAM folder, freshly reinstalled it and the FLUP textures are normal again.

Just have to run some tests to see all my other mods are still working ofc  $%Grinno$%

sagimine1

Is there a way I could build an underground route that allow me to build stuff over like train station, house, office building, etc. I thought the underground route would let me build stuff over them but i guess not.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: sagimine1 on November 06, 2011, 06:05:11 PM
Is there a way I could build an underground route that allow me to build stuff over like train station, house, office building, etc. I thought the underground route would let me build stuff over them but i guess not.

The FLUPs are analogous to the elevated Road/OWR/AVE pieces in the sense that they occupy zone-able tiles; You can't zone on top of FLUP pieces, and you can't just place the FLUP entrance/exit pieces by themselves and expect that to carry traffic.

Achieving what you're requesting would require a lot item with an overhanging building (outside the scope of the NAM) or a road-to-subway lot (also outside the scope of the NAM, but available as a 3rd-party plugin).
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Rady

I seem to have a problem with this underground GLR line:

Following the GLR line to the left is the next station. Problem is, GLR won't drive between these two stations. In UDI mode the trains disappear between the curves in the lower right section of the line. I already destroyed and rebuilt this section, but I can't make them drive there. Also, I don't have any traffic in this section between the two stations (when using the traffic query tool).

I also tried to drive this route (in UDI mode) from the upper left side, but

• it takes me around ten times until a UDI tram appears near this section heading into the right direction and
  • once I got a tram driving down there, I alway mess up with puting the switches into the right direction (since this is a 4-way-crossing and clicking these itchy little green / red dots the right way seems impossible to me)  ???

I checked the paths a hundred times  >:(, they are ok. Also, as you can see by the red circle, I'm not missing any FLUP pieces.

Any help would be appriciated!
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

TEG24601

Rady,

Have you tried using Subway to connect these two pieces.  That is what I have always done, and never had a UDI issue.

TEG

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: TEG24601 on November 09, 2011, 02:41:00 PM
Have you tried using Subway to connect these two pieces.  That is what I have always done, and never had a UDI issue.

Those AREN'T TE-Lots. They're puzzle pieces, so you can't just connect it with the subway network. Plus, you can't even UDI with the TE-lot versions of those pieces. All tram/subway traffic will move just fine through the TE-lot version of that piece; YOU can't in UDI mode.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Rady

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on November 09, 2011, 02:53:20 PM
All tram/subway traffic will move just fine through the TE-lot version of that piece; YOU can't in UDI mode.

Well, so you mean the fact that the traffic query tool doesn't show any traffic on this section is due to this "Those AREN'T TE-Lots"-fact? Why then can I drive my GLR trough the normal GLR Avenue ramp that comes with the FLUPs ()what()
I will check this evening how the UDI and traffic query behaves with the normal TRAM Avenue FLUP ramp again and provide some screenies ..

Basically I don't care for the UDI functionality, but I'm kind of skeptical because the traffic query tool doesn't show any traffic.
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Rady on November 09, 2011, 11:28:34 PM
Well, so you mean the fact that the traffic query tool doesn't show any traffic on this section is due to this "Those AREN'T TE-Lots"-fact? Why then can I drive my GLR trough the normal GLR Avenue ramp that comes with the FLUPs

I was merely correcting TEG; What he suggested wouldn't help with your problem.
<INACTIVE>
-----

teddyrised

If the FLUP versions are not working properly for you, have you considered using the TE lot alternatives instead? There are two versions to this transition - there is one that came with NAM, which is part of the FLUP puzzle pieces. There is a lot-based version which is transit enabled and allows transition from tram to subway while allowing road traffic to pass on the surface.

The lot-based version is available through the RTMT addon pack (v3.6) or as a separate download.

Rady

@ teddyrised: thanks, now used the glr-to-sub converter pieces from the RTMT 3.60. Looks like it's workng now.

Gui

Hello;
Sorry if this post is a little old.
I would like to ask if there are all the RHW Flups!
I just can find the RHW2 flup, not anymore.

THNKS!