• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLexible UnderPasses (FLUPs)

Started by Chrisim, December 25, 2008, 04:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freppa

I am wondering about the FLUPs compability with RHW? According to

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10876.msg326237#msg326237

there should exist FLUP underground pieces perpendicular to RHW of different widths.

But I can't seem to find them? (And also not for HRW, High Speed Rail) Does this have to do with the order the different plugin loads? Should I change the names of the folders in which the plugins are located?

Tarkus

As mentioned in the RHW's readme, they're under the Road/RHW Interface button on the Roads menu.

-Alex

Freppa

Thank you!

The readme files for the NAM (and RHW, NWM, etc.) are very well written. For me as a newbie it is though somewhat hard to know where to look sometimes. Again, thank you for your reply!  :)

jarmitz

:'( I am trying to create a road under a highway. I put in the right piece and get the underground road created but it won't let me connect my highway to the piece. What am I doing wrong?

io_bg

Quote from: jarmitz on August 04, 2011, 11:42:35 AM
:'( I am trying to create a road under a highway. I put in the right piece and get the underground road created but it won't let me connect my highway to the piece. What am I doing wrong?
First draw the highway and then plop the correct piece over it ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

six9nc

I cant find a flup rhw-4 piece.  Am I going crazy or is not on the roads/rhw tab ring. 
"The man who sleeps on the floor never falls out of bed"...Martin Lawrence

jondor

Quote from: six9nc on September 20, 2011, 08:47:46 AM
I cant find a flup rhw-4 piece.  Am I going crazy or is not on the roads/rhw tab ring.

If you're looking for a RHW-4 ramp, there isn't one yet.  If you're looking for a FLUP under RHW-4, it's near the end of the tab ring, shift tab past the RHW-2 ramp and the FLUP under RHW-6S/8S/10S pieces to the FLUP under MIS/RHW-2/4/6C and rotate, you'll find it.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Chrisim

NAM version 30 contains a new FLUPs functionality that allows you to underpass avenue roundabouts.

1)  Select the Avenue-Roundabout puzzle piece

The red lines in the preview show in which direction the underpass will be build. If necessary, rotate the roundabout.

2) Plop it

The wall of the fountain shows the direction of the underpass

3) If you do not wish to build an underpass, you can bulldoze the fountain and fill the center area differently

4) To build an underpass, select the FLUPs avenue ramp puzzle piece and plop it on both sides

5) Connect avenue and roundabout parallel to ramps with onewayroads, and the avenue roundabout underpass is complete

Alternatively, you may build an tram-avenue underpass:

The fountain model is from BLS NAM Avenue Roundabout Fillers BSC, and we thank for the permission to use it in the NAM.

PS: my real life keeps me quite busy. I won't be able to reply for several weeks - so I kindly ask the SC4D community to reply when there are questions ...

samoyed1958

Very nice tutorial.. My question is are there more of these for the newest nam? and where might I find such great tutorials?
like for example the double decker road pieces..

Phlogiston

Hi, is there mod that removes the ond way road arrows on the entrance/exit FLUP? (their appearance looks kinda odd on some zoom levels) Did I just missed it on the installer?

Tarkus

To my knowledge, there isn't.  The NAM OWR Arrow Reduction Plugin certainly won't do it--I don't know how the arrows are generated on there, but if Tropod's old No Arrows mod doesn't work, then there's nothing out there.

-Alex

metarvo

I have a guess here.  The arrows aren't by any chance part of the model, are they?  If so, then that would certainly explain why the plugin wouldn't work.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Wacky Worm

They do appear to be part of the model. I tried the no-arrow mod myself after reading that.

shinkansen1

After looking at Chrisim's roundabout underpass tutorial and looking back to one of my cities, is there any consideration for an avenue roundabout FLUP in which the route makes a 90 degree turn, or is this too far out of the way?

I thought that the tutorial could work very well in one of my cities that uses a OWR-AVE-OWR setup in a few places, and I remembered that one of the routes makes a 90 degree turn.  :-[

vinlabsc3k

@Chrisim:The tutorial is good :thumbsup:, but it's useless without a puzzle piece that cross the lane part of roundabout. ()what() I've tried every puzzle pieces of FLUP under Avenue, but it was a delusion. :'(
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

jdenm8

You don't need a piece to go under the lanes on the roundabout, that functionality is in the Roundabout piece itself.

As for 90° turns, try changing the directionality of the FLUPs. If I think I know how Chrissim did it, I think the path alterations were applied to all versions of the lanes so changing the configuration of the FLUPs in the centre should change the way the Avenue goes.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

shinkansen1

Quote from: jdenm8 on October 19, 2011, 03:55:19 AM
As for 90° turns, try changing the directionality of the FLUPs. If I think I know how Chrissim did it, I think the path alterations were applied to all versions of the lanes so changing the configuration of the FLUPs in the centre should change the way the Avenue goes.
I am extremely pleased to find out that this method does work, and I am very excited to make great use of it! :D

So far I have only tried the 90 degree turn, but with the success that I have found here, I am eager to try different intersections underneath busy roundabouts! ;D

ivo_su

I will  began to issue the next version of FLUPs and its expansion. I expect  to include all new models of  Matt (Dexter) and we have a new set that covers all networks RHW, NWM and Maxis networks. And now we have a whole plethora of options with which we will not  cross it without great difficulty, as at present. I wish full  success of the project and I will watch with interest any future progress.

Best,
- Ivo

sagimine1

Hi, although I am not new rather never posted on this site I do have a request to make if I am allow here that is. My request is there a way an underground railroad mod that would allow me to built the underground railroad without the top portion such as roads, avenues, highways, etc?
I like to build the future, yet restriction to access_violation road block D:

vinlabsc3k

@jdenm8: I've tried to drive the tram and it stops at the end of the ramp >:( and even the traffic doesn't flow under the roundabout. :'(
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!