• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLexible UnderPasses (FLUPs)

Started by Chrisim, December 25, 2008, 04:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

Quote from: smileymk on September 20, 2010, 07:57:22 AM
I'm 95% sure that's in the NAM already. You know the road/avenue ramps where it says "Rotate for other ramps"? If you rotate one of those enough times (sorry, can't remember which one), you'll get a T-RAM ramp.

I just checked; there's a puzzle piece where the tram goes underground, and the road turns into a regular road, but there's nothing corresponding to the tram-n-avenue ramp, where the whole thing goes underground.

samerton

I would like to join the list of requests for the tram-in-road piece... It would be a great addition!

Chrisim

Quote from: Douzerouge on September 20, 2010, 02:03:05 AM
a ramp for tram-in-road (or tram-on-road, or both), similar to the one existing for tram-in-avenue, i.e. a ramp for the road including the tram tracks in the middle of it.
Such new ramps are only possible if somebody creates the model with the BAT. It's a bit tricky because it requires an adapted LOD (the LOD must remain above the surface. I can't do it.
Quote from: xannepan on September 20, 2010, 12:56:02 AM
Is it possible to have a FLUP for one of the NWM pieces. I'm thinking of the MAVE-4 (Medianless Avenue, 4 lanes) piece, with an underpass for the two middle lanes, while the 2 outer lanes continue on ground level...
FLUPs crossing below NWM at the surface are possible. A NWM ramp is probably not feasible because for each direction there would be one road lane above ground and one below ground. Unfortunately, the game does not care for the height of these paths and car traffic would jump between surface and subsurface. However, maybe it would work fine with a trick (to be tested).

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 19, 2010, 09:37:31 PM
Hm... How about some gradual on-slope pieces? Like where Road bites into a hill, but with straight walls on either side. Like what we have, but up a hill, instead of into the ground.
Not sure whether I understand. Something like this?

The FLUPs Tunnel Gate for streets is published since May 2010 (in the FLUPs rotation ring, look for the pedestrian stairs and rotate with Pos1/End until this model is selected). Please have a look in the tutorial.

Quote from: jp on September 20, 2010, 01:01:56 AM
I would like to suggest flups under avenue roundabout.
Well, that was very quick and easy to implement, at least for straight underpasses:

We would need to agree on a standard model (a statue?) to put in the 2x2 grass tiles, because if we bulldoze them to plop a lot, the underpass is destroyed.
The route query shows that it works:

(in this test city, everybody drives from home (left) to work (right) in the morning; therefore there is nobody driving in opposite direction)

jdenm8

Sort of like the street one, but over more than one tile.
I don't like having to go through and remove my slope mod every time I want to place that piece. It's quite incredibly annoying.
(and I've seen the tutorial)

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

vester

Quote from: Chrisim on September 20, 2010, 02:53:57 PM

We would need to agree on a standard model (a statue?) to put in the 2x2 grass tiles, because if we bulldoze them to plop a lot, the underpass is destroyed.

Could that be place as an overhanging prob ?
(placed on a lot on one of the corners)

ebina

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 20, 2010, 06:15:15 PM
I don't like having to go through and remove my slope mod every time I want to place that piece. It's quite incredibly annoying.

It can be resolved by changing a few lines in the NAM Controller to generate intersection like T-OnSlope pieces. Then you will not need to remove slope mod for building the OnSlope portal.
Another option you can take with the current controller is to draw road perpendicular to where you will place the portal, like this image.
(I used ENN_SlopeMod_Medium315.dat for this testing, portal on the left side was placed without pre-dragged road.)

EDIT: I realized that there's one more side effect. If slope mod was created to draw gentle slope, the portal even cannot be rotated correctly. The above workaround can be used to avoid this, too.

smileymk

Quote from: z on September 20, 2010, 08:25:18 AM
I just checked; there's a puzzle piece where the tram goes underground, and the road turns into a regular road, but there's nothing corresponding to the tram-n-avenue ramp, where the whole thing goes underground.

I'll take your word for it (haven't had time to see for myself). I did say 95% sure (i.e. not 100%)!

In that case, I second the request for it. Quite a big gap to fill.

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

noahclem

I would really value a piece like that too.

Chrisim that FLUP under roundabout looks great!  &apls I would vote for landscaping over a statue but either would be fine. It would be great to have an option to leave it blank also if one preferred to use an overhanging lot developed at a later time.

Kind of makes you imagine what could be done with RHW FLUPs / roundabout interface down the road  ;)

Paul 999

Are there plans for a tunnel for RHW-6? of other RHW network?

Gringamuyloca

Advice on how to connect the above... I tried laying the piece on top of existing ave, but kept getting 'the red piece' when hovering over the existing ave. If I bulldoze 3 pieces of ave then I can place the piece... but then cannot connect.

I have tried placing it further away, but no joy.. what am I doing wrong?  &mmm  :(

EDIT:
Disregard last...  ::)  ???

Found the necessary pieces...  &ops

Tamara

Freiluft

Quote from: noahclem on September 23, 2010, 11:52:07 AM
I would really value a piece like that too.

Chrisim that FLUP under roundabout looks great!  &apls I would vote for landscaping over a statue but either would be fine. It would be great to have an option to leave it blank also if one preferred to use an overhanging lot developed at a later time.

I agree! This is a great interchange, and I was just trying to figure out how to build one myself. Not only will it provide smooth traffic flow, but it yields straight corners at the roundabout, which are much easier to zone. Was this marvel done with current FLUPs? If so, what connector pieces do you use under the roundabout?

interim

No traffic traverses my avenue underpass. It goes under two tiles of RHW-4 before coming back up, but traffic refuses to cross underneath any of the avenue underpasses in town.

interim

Actually it seems like no traffic uses any of my underpasses... Hmm... What are the critical files and should I load them last?

Monorail Master

One thing I'd like to point out is what I discovered last night around 1:30 am U.S. Eastern time.

That thing is that I made a fully functioning UDI-able GLR - Heavy Rail conversion. Here you go, look at the area inside the black oval.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

gooper1

With regards to NWM FLUPs ramps, is it possible to make a ramp where all lanes of the NWM go underground (give priority for this to the upcoming NMAVE-4, ARD-3, and MAVE-6--those would be most useful, as they add (at least) one travel lane to the base network)?
Also, can you make RHW ramps, such as: RHW-MIS, RHW-4 (although a OWR/avenue ramp could be used instead), RHW-6S (if possible, due to the overhang), RHW-6C, RHW-8S, RHW-8C (if possible), and RHW-10?Diagonal FLUPs ramps too?

-Gooper1

P.S. When will Road and Avenue "slope-side" tunnels be made?
(\__/)

Bunny is a friend of weasels. So should you. GO WEASELS GO!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: gooper1 on February 13, 2011, 04:48:16 PM
With regards to NWM FLUPs ramps, is it possible to make a ramp where all lanes of the NWM go underground (give priority for this to the upcoming NMAVE-4, ARD-3, and MAVE-6--those would be most useful, as they add (at least) one travel lane to the base network)?
Also, can you make RHW ramps, such as: RHW-MIS, RHW-4 (although a OWR/avenue ramp could be used instead), RHW-6S (if possible, due to the overhang), RHW-6C, RHW-8S, RHW-8C (if possible), and RHW-10?Diagonal FLUPs ramps too?

-Gooper1

P.S. When will Road and Avenue "slope-side" tunnels be made?

I second having MAVE-2 (Road) and AVE-4 "On-Slope" FLUPs being made, but there should also be one for OWR-2; Ever tried making a tunnel with OWR-2? Its tunnel entrance is as big as Road's (And also requires a 15m slope in order to be created; That's too tall).

Blue Lightning created a 6C FLUP Tunnel (Or at least the model for one) several months ago on the RHW thread. There were also some RHW-4 FLUPs that didn't make it into RHW v4.0. (The only available alternative is the OWR/AVE FLUPs, duh, but they don't look as good...)

As of NWM FLUPs, I recall people requesting the "FLUP Under" pieces (Like FLUP under TLA-5 or OWR-4 for example), but I don't recall actual FLUP entrances being requested.

And as far as I can tell, there's no word about ANY of these pieces, but most should be theoretically possible. Why not take it over to their own respective threads?
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

They are indeed possible, but the limiting factor is, of course, models, which is usually the chokehold on these sorts of projects.  As soon as we've got that, however, we're good to go.

-Alex

gooper1

What about FLUPs under elevated networks?
I'd think that since FLUPs are based on elevated rail, this would be impossible, but what about GLR and High El-Rail (a new acronym: HELR)? They could go over/under elevated networks (including El-Rail itself), so why can't FLUPs under Elevated Networks be created?
Also, FLUPs under ERHW/EMIS and diagonal RHWs (mainly RHW-4)?

-Gooper1
(\__/)

Bunny is a friend of weasels. So should you. GO WEASELS GO!

Dexist

Is there a Flup piece for RHW4?  cause i cant seem to find it?

noahclem

sorry but no, the only RHW FlUP piece currently available is for RHW-2.