• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLexible UnderPasses (FLUPs)

Started by Chrisim, December 25, 2008, 04:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: TEG24601 on May 19, 2010, 04:59:06 PM
Any plans for FLUPs under RHW or even just for RHW-2/4 to go under other networks?

TEG

There are FLUPs-under-RHW pieces for just about all of the ground networks included in RHW Version 4.0, actually.  They're at the end of the Road/RHW Puzzle Pieces TAB Loop.

-Alex

TEG24601

I've been looking for them.  I had not yet found them.  Thanks Alex.

Chrisim

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on May 19, 2010, 05:10:25 PM
I've used the FLUPs under Ground Highway to make trains go underground and it works for me with the paths and UDI  ;D. I don't know if it's a my unexpected "good" bug :-[ or it works really for everyone :-\, but u try it.[/size][/font]
No, it works for UDI and possibly freight trains, but when you let your city run for a year or more, you will observe that passenger train traffic will drop and eventually stop when you check with the Route Query tool.

jacoblost

I love the glr/tram flups pieces in the new NAM (May 2010) and was wondering if it was possible to create, or if there is a plan to create, a glr/tram flups to subway transition piece(s).  Actually, just a glr to subway transition  with the flups glr transition appearance (non-glr-in-ave) would be awesome as I love the look of it.

SimNation

Great job on the huge update to the FLUPs system. It has tons more functionality thanks to being able to convert to subway and with the additional and sorely needed pieces. Fantastic work. :thumbsup:

Chrisim

Quote from: jacoblost on May 21, 2010, 12:29:22 PMActually, just a glr to subway transition  with the flups glr transition appearance
The SFBT Subway-Tram Transition lot is prepared and will be published, but I do not know when

The subway will of course not be visible in normal game mode, just the ramp on the right.
Unlike NAM puzzle pieces, this TE-Lot will show night light.

@SimNation I am glad that you like it, but technically the FLUPs are not subway (in the Maxis sense). They are just underground routes and ramps (no conversion to subway).
Several transition lots to subway exist created by the NDEX and RTMT teams (and the future one shown above).

jacoblost

Thanks Chrisim.  That looks great.  Can't wait to get my hands on it.

MOREOPTIONS

I am un able to get this under water to work?  can you post directions on this please?  thank you. God bless

nerdly_dood

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

jpj_starfleet

Quote from: MOREOPTIONS on May 22, 2010, 12:23:48 PM
I am un able to get this under water to work?  can you post directions on this please?  thank you. God bless

I believe I can help you with that...  The trick is not to have a big drop off into the water and use the water pollution view to see were to lay the tiles other then that its just like laying them on land, I pulled my region off my backup drive before I created the city to show you what I did, I raised the land to better see the underwater parts...

The first picture shows the whole network and the FLUP's sloping into the harbor

I slightly raised the land underwater so I could see the route

These pictures you can see where I gradually raised the land where the network is to just before land, I wanted a little drop off so you could not see the slope from the top and there are overhanging props and boardwalks also to hide it.

This last picture is from my city with different entrance/exits but the main ave entrance and tunnel is the same.

I found out if the drop off is to steep the cars basically crash on the bottom, I re-lotted a bunch of stuff with overhanging props to hide the FLUP's like trees, tables, boardwalks and air vents as you can see in the above photo.  I hope this helps you...  :thumbsup:

strucka

Is there any development moving towards the NWM pieces? At least the basic networks under the NWM pieces.

Chrisim

Quote from: MOREOPTIONS on May 22, 2010, 12:23:48 PM
If you wish to create a subsea underpass, select the water pollution map - water will not be displayed and it will be much easier to plop the puzzle pieces. There is no need for terraforming, except if the coast is very steep.

Quote from: nerdly_dood on May 22, 2010, 02:10:43 PM
Are open-top FLUPs planned?
Something line NOB's sunken GLR? These must be implemented as lots because puzzle pieces do always show the surface texture (grass). Actually, you can always build a sunken network using some terraforming ...

Quote from: strucka on May 24, 2010, 09:08:31 AM
Is there any development moving towards the NWM pieces? At least the basic networks under the NWM pieces.
Not yet. If there is interest, why not?

Ciuu96

Why do trams always dissappear on udi mode when driving to tram FLUP curves? Udi works if the tram underpass is straight, but in curves tram just continues straight and dissappears. Is this because there are no "real" GLR-FLUP curves, only those 4-way/T-intersection/curve-multipieces, or is it a bug?
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

Chrisim

It should work. Please post an image that shows the piece so I can verify it.

MOREOPTIONS

ok,, so I am trying to make the underwater flup work,.  I will have to figure out how to make a pic on here,, so i can show what i have been doing...  Thank you for showing the pic's and your work,, is verty good...  God Bless

Ciuu96

Here you go.
It seems that computer can use that curve, but udi cannot.

sim-al2

Maybe try hitting "Enter" before entering the tunnel to switch the track?
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Ciuu96

Quote from: sim-al2 on May 27, 2010, 10:24:24 AM
Maybe try hitting "Enter" before entering the tunnel to switch the track?

Didn't work... I couldn't even hear that clanking sound that usually plays when switching the track.

pierreh

Will there be a ramp for tram-in-road?

I have a few cities with GLR networks, using mostly tram-in-avenue and tram-in-road. Sofar I have used the GLR to subway conversions from RTMT, and short stretches of subway, to let the tram tracks pass under surface rail lines and surface highways. I can now convert the tram-in-avenue cases to FLUP underpasses, but this will leave a good number of tram-in-road cases and the ramp for tram-in-road would be very handy and look better.

OwlGreene

Shortly after NAM May 2010 debuted, I posted here about whether GLR stations could be plopped along Underground Tram tracks to effectively create functional subway stations.  Still wanna know about that.  And if the answer's yes, where can I find a GLR station without tracks through it so I can download n plop em?