• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLexible UnderPasses (FLUPs)

Started by Chrisim, December 25, 2008, 04:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heitomat

@puresimcity: I'm sorry for my choice of words.. Unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge to develop new pieces for the FLUPs. By saying "experiment" I was simply thinking of playing around with the FLUPs in-game; get to know their function, the puzzle cycle, and - of course - what pieces were missing and how to work around things despite of this.

I'm sorry if you (or anyone else) got your hopes up because of this.  &mmm

Anyway, I certainly hope that someone with the needed developing skills would take a look into it. Still, I refer to Andreas in that the pieces are designed to work together regardless of the type of road. This also reduces the number of pieces to include in the cycle ring. Thus said, I really don't feel the need for a OW-under-rail piece (If the ave-road-ave transition had been visible, I probably would have felt otherwise  ;)).
Be gentle with me - I'm Norwegian

Chrisim

heitomat

Be gentle with me - I'm Norwegian

jpj_starfleet

I have a problem with the curved FLUP's under road or one-way road, everytime I plop it the game crashes, I even tried ploping it by itself in an epmty region and it still crashed the game, every other piece works including cured FLUP's under grass or sidewalk tiles, anybody know what the problem is? I am using the Z simulator.

puresim

I've used Flups a lot recently and it hasn't caused a crash, but out of curiousity I tried the piece that jpj_starfleet mentions and I got a CTD. Went back and tried the same tile again in a blank map and CTD. Here is the only piece that I've found causes it:

Any others jpj_starfleet?

Chrisim

I had the same crash two months ago and I fixed it. It shall be uploaded with the next NAM version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The positive news for me is that the FLUPs pieces are really used. This bug had been around for almost a year and there was never a bug report or complain ...  ::)

puresim

Thanks Chrisim! FLUPs is such a great idea, hope we get more goodies to experiment with ;D

zakuten

Sorry to be a bother, but will the next version be able to have underpasses for road to pass below the GHSR? Since that doesn't allow grade crossings and all...
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Chrisim

zakuten

Well. There's my answer. Beautiful.  &apls
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

puresim

MandelSoft

I could really use that piece. Wonderful work, Chrisim
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

CameronB

Okay...  I hate asking for help, because I'm an RTFM type of person... but sometimes I simply have to admit defeat...

Maybe I'm going crazy here, but am I missing a puzzle piece?

Here's what I have:  A straight piece of road on the surface.  I want to place, underneath it, a section of underground avenue.

I can find the Ramps leading to the underground avenue...  What I cannot find is the puzzle piece to place an underground avenue section...  at least, not underneath a surface road... :/

My two avenue ramps don't connect...  I've tested with a Free Drive mission, which simply ends when I hit the underpass border.

What am I overlooking?

Andreas

You should also read this thread, as it contains more information how to use the FLUPs. :)
Andreas

carkid1998

You need to place 2 standard FLUPs pieces side by side to connect the avenue ramps ;)

Ryan :thumbsup:
Sendona... Coming soon!

jpj_starfleet

To answer puresimcity's question a couple of posts back no, there are no other pieces that cause CTD, fortunately the piece in question has not been needed (as yet) in my transit networks, the FLUP's work beautifuly! I have an actual harbor tunnel connecting the two halfs of my city that works! U-Drive it and everything!

KoV Liberty

Same here! I hate having those eye-sore maxis bridges, although some are good when needed.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Chrisim

Quote from: jpj_starfleet on November 06, 2009, 09:57:48 AM
I have an actual harbor tunnel connecting the two halfs of my city that works! U-Drive it and everything!
Why don't you show a picture of it?  :thumbsup:
It is always motivating for the development of further pieces when you can see pictures that show how existing pieces are used. There is a Show us your Tunnels topic. It has not been used for a year - so you can also use it for flexible underpasses ...

jpj_starfleet

Per your suggestion Chrisim I have revived the "show us your tunnel's" hopefully it won't be another year until someone posts a reply!

puresim

Quote from: jpj_starfleet on November 08, 2009, 07:40:22 AM
This is the O'Shaughnessy Tunnel under New Dublin Harbor, game generated & U-Drive it traffic works perfectly under water!!

jpj_starfleet can you explain how you got that to work under water? What pieces/transit networks did you use? I want that in my cities ;D