• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLexible UnderPasses (FLUPs)

Started by Chrisim, December 25, 2008, 04:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Well, I don't mind the square manholes in general (and that little in-joke is nice), but they really don't look good directly on the road. That's why I was wondering if they could be relocated for this particular item. :)
Andreas

kassarc16

The GLR underpass looks great! Now I can finally tunnel under water and still be able to UDI through!

zakuten

An easy one to suggest to add here; GHSR, if possible.

Edit: To clarify; GHSR over road/OWR/the etc.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

vinlabsc3k

WoW Chrisim, i'm going to request a GLR FLUP and u anticipate me!! :o

Oh, i've a request: Can u make even a rail FLUP!! &ops I know there r Underground Rail, but I don't use it often. :'(

Ah, have u make the on-slope entrance/exit?  :-[
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

puresim

The teaser looks really great, can't wait to have more of these puzzles to use!

While I'm here, could someone quickly explain how I can make this work:

Which flups pieces can I use to make rail go over an Avenure?

puresim

Quote from: io_bg
This one :)

:) The smilie face piece? So no rail over avenue?

Diggis

Quote from: puresimcity on October 12, 2009, 03:16:49 AM
:) The smilie face piece? So no rail over avenue?

You use 2 rail over road pieces instead.

Andreas

All underground FLUP pieces have been designed in a way that you can use them either for road, oneway road and avenue underpasses.
Andreas

puresim

Brilliant, thanks guys! And using a road doesn't reduce the capacity of the two lane avenue?

daeley

Quote from: puresimcity on October 12, 2009, 04:20:44 AM
Brilliant, thanks guys! And using a road doesn't reduce the capacity of the two lane avenue?

well it does, but ehm... it's ehm... working as intended since avenue speed limits are lower in underground tunnels. (and if you don't buy that, I'll sell you something else...)
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

heitomat

How about using the one-way FLUPs? Haven't tried it myself, but I reckon the placement arrow indicate the traffic direction..?
Be gentle with me - I'm Norwegian

FrankU

I have this funny problem...
The NAM works fine, and as far as I can see my plopped FLUP pieces also work fine.
Still I can not always find the appropriate FLUP file in my Tab-ring. It looks as if suddenly some files are missing. Lately I wanted to make the exact underpass that is shown here by puresimcity. I looked for the straight road under rail, because I knew there was no Avenue or OWR under rail. But all I found was the underpass T-intersection, the curve and the crossroad. So I used the T-intersection with the T turned outsides. It works, nobody sees it, but it puzzles me and it is not beautiful.
Is this a problem that has been seen before? It is quite weird. I never had an incomplete Tab-ring before.

puresim

;D So my avenue will turn into a road and then back into an avenue? ehm...

heitomat, I don't think there is a one-way flups with rail on top, if there was I would have used that instead.

Tarkus

Quote from: puresimcity on October 12, 2009, 04:20:44 AM

Well, if you have Simulator A, B or Z installed with your NAM installation, it will have the same capacity.  Those simulators equalize Road, One-Way Road and Avenue capacities, so it'll have no effect then.

With "Standard", "Better Pathfinding" and "Perfect Pathfinding" (Simulators C, D and E), you're looking at a 60% decrease in capacity.

-Alex

Rady

Sweet! Those GLR FLUPs are simply great!  &apls &apls
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Andreas

@FrankU: Some items can only be selected by rotating a puzzle piece. The FLUP rotation ring is quite full due to the large number of slightly different pieces that are necessary, that's why some of them won't show up with simple tabbing.
Andreas

puresim

@Tarkus: Simulator Z is the one I'm using, so I'll use the road flup. Thanks all :thumbsup:

heitomat

@puresimcity: OK, I see.. Maybe that's a piece that should have been made, then?

Just got an urge to experiment a little with the FLUPs.  ;)
Be gentle with me - I'm Norwegian

puresim

@heitomat: If you know how to experiment with Flups, a one-way road with rail on top would serve 2 purposes, especially for those who don't use Simulator A, B or Z. Appreciate the help.