• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLexible UnderPasses (FLUPs)

Started by Chrisim, December 25, 2008, 04:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebaLynnTS

Well, I am making Pedestrian tunnels for my ARS River Walk set, and it made me wonder about it. Of course, I can turn them into subway stations, and then just connect them to make them functional, but mostly was just wondering if it would work for this application.

I can't say it would or would not be worth doing, but then things we might think are useless, some one else might find a use for.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Terring7

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on July 17, 2009, 03:43:02 PMI am curious if pedestrian FLUPs are possible?

Now this will be really useful :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Chrisim

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on July 19, 2009, 10:01:45 AM
Well, I am making Pedestrian tunnels for my ARS River Walk set, and it made me wonder about it. Of course, I can turn them into subway stations, and then just connect them to make them functional, but mostly was just wondering if it would work for this application.
You created overhanging lots for your ARS set (nice canal system that you created - they really exist in Germany).
Therefore, you may simply plop NAM pedestrian puzzle pieces and use your overhanging lots to create the crossing canal.

The SFBT-NAM FLUPs Custom Tiles - Set A is uploaded at the LEX. It contains a set of six customized pieces and allows several parks and a stream as surface above the modular NAM-FLUPs road underpasses. For most other streams and rivers, overhanging lots do exist that may be placed next to FLUPs puzzle pieces such that they mask the FLUPs puzzle pieces. FLUPs underpasses below the Canal Addon Mod (CAN-AM) are included in the Network Addon Mod (NAM).

RebaLynnTS

Chrism. You might want to check my thread. The "tunnels" would be for under road, or surface rivers, etc.
Becca

Chrisim

The picture from your thread tells more than thousand words ...
Yes, this would be a good ramp for ped-FLUPs, if rendered with a custom LOD.

RebaLynnTS

They are rendered with LODs that are nearly flat at ground level (.21 meters). If I understand previous posts correctly, this should work, yes?
Becca

Diggis

That is a massive ramp!  What is the height under the road? 

RebaLynnTS

Over all it is 8 meters deep, and the ceiling is 3 meters deep.
Becca

Korot

That's a hight a sim should be able to descend in 48 meters, though I suggest adding railing in the center, to help the elderly, trying to pass under the road, or street in this case.

Regards,
Korot

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: Korot on July 20, 2009, 09:20:53 AM
That's a hight a sim should be able to descend in 48 meters, though I suggest adding railing in the center, to help the elderly, trying to pass under the road, or street in this case.

Regards,
Korot

I can do that. I was going to add the wooden walk path down the center any way so it is not so plain.
Becca

JoeST

It would be nice to have smaller ped-ramps too (1x1 and maybe 1x2 rightangle'ed ramps)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RebaLynnTS

a 1x1 ramp would be a 22.5 degree grade. that is pretty steep for wheel chairs and electric carts, though it could be done with a moving side walk, so I will consider adding that to my list :)

A 1x2 right angle it a great idea though, as well as a 1x3 right angle, for that matter.
Becca

MandelSoft

I came across this underpass at the NAM: Development topic, page 12:

Maybe a good addition to the FLUPs?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

shanghai kid

wow, i would love to have that in my cities working with road, grl and rail.
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

JoeST

the 1x1 ramp I meant for stairs, not ramp ;)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: JoeST on July 24, 2009, 04:52:58 AM
the 1x1 ramp I meant for stairs, not ramp ;)

Joe

I did intend to do that as well, any way :)
Becca

LOPAN

I can't make this flup work...

I lay two tunnels, an entrance and an exit, just one tile away, and then I connect them with the correct piece, that one with none on it except  the green grass, but no cars ever go in.

What's wrong? 
Thanks to SC4Devotion and all those who create custom content for SC4, without you SC4 is nothing

z

LOPAN

Quote from: z on August 10, 2009, 02:06:47 PM
May we have a picture, please?

there ya go friend

The query tool shows none traffic in flups. The cars go the adjacent tile, they disappear but they don't reappaer at the other side.

I connected them with a straight puzzle with transparent texture.
Thanks to SC4Devotion and all those who create custom content for SC4, without you SC4 is nothing

allan_kuan1992

Do you have any simulator with park and ride enabled? There are no people paths in the tunnels, so if that mod is installed and there's no parking lot on the jobs side then people won't get through.

- Allan Kuan