• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLexible UnderPasses (FLUPs)

Started by Chrisim, December 25, 2008, 04:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

what about having a puzzle piece version (like the OWR roundabout and its tram variants.
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Chrisim

Quote from: Diggis on June 28, 2009, 10:43:49 AM
Chris, is that centre piece considered a network peice?  If so we could do a set of different T21's so users get a different one each time.
Alternativly we could make it a prop family, and that way users could add what ever props they wanted by just adding the family ID to a prop.
Right, and/or we create a standard and everybody may create addition T21's in z-override-files ...
However, I don't have much time in the coming weeks ...

Caspervg, do roundabouts exist in the subsurface in reality?

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

darraghf

I have just noticed that after playing around with FLUPs, that one puzzle piece is missing: the sandstone ped-mall over FLUP is not present. I knwo it is only minor, but it would be a great addition to me, if it could be made $%Grinno$%.
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

lf420

I'm not sure if I'm using these correctly. I have my FLUPs set up to go under the CAN-AM. I've double checked to make sure all the pieces are properly oriented and connected, but when I draw the paths they don't run under the canal. Any suggestions?

Hmm. Now that I've posted this I see that the canals aren't drawing paths either. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Andreas

IIRC, the CAN-AM paths only show up in underground mode. I'd assume the same goes for the FLUPs, since the paths are actually below the ground level.
Andreas

daeley

Quote from: Andreas on July 01, 2009, 02:41:10 AM
IIRC, the CAN-AM paths only show up in underground mode. I'd assume the same goes for the FLUPs, since the paths are actually below the ground level.

yup, can you try forcing traffic through the FLUP? that's the easiest way to make sure it works or not.
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

JoeST

If you start constructing something (start dragging some road for example) they should show up. Well they do for me anyhow ;)

Joe

Chrisim

@lf420 it's normal that the FLUPs paths are not displayed. Try UDI to check the connection.

@JoeST You cannot drag from FLUPs puzzle pieces

JoeST

Quote from: Chrisim on July 01, 2009, 12:08:01 PM
@lf420 it's normal that the FLUPs paths are not displayed. Try UDI to check the connection.

@JoeST You cannot drag from FLUPs puzzle pieces
I was saying just drag anywhere, it seems to show all the paths ;)

Joe

lf420

Thanks for the responses, folks. Everything is indeed working properly.

tristan4eva

Quote from: Chrisim on June 28, 2009, 06:57:21 AM
Actually, it does not need to be a network model. Marrast's ramps are also normal models and we have included them to the NAM via T21-exemplar. It would be fine, as long as a custom LOD is applied, as discussed above.
That would be really useful. You are thinking about something like this (it is not functional!!!)?

To make it functional, we would have to agree on a standard model for the statue (or any other 2x2 tiles large model).
And it would take some time to create ...

That looks great
That is exactly what i want. If you are able to do it i would love to have that for RHW as well because in Cyprus in the town i live in there is a motorway separating the town and all the villages and there are at least 6 or 7 roundabouts and they have all been recently upgraded and the motorway bypasses the round about by going over it or going under it and i would love to replicate the motorway but i cant
This is what it looks like:
http://flickr.com/photos/38257737@N00/977065652

So instead of having a statue why not have a piece that shows the road underneath the roundabout like the picture

vinlabsc3k

U mean this roundabout:
http://maps.google.it/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=it&geocode=&q=limassol,+cyprus&sll=35.173808,33.343506&sspn=0.865468,1.774292&ie=UTF8&ll=34.707209,33.060903&spn=0.0034,0.008975&t=h&z=18.

Don't worry :party: , the FLUP's Team is already going to make sunken puzzle pieces ()meeting(). It's only matter of time!! ()testing()
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

tristan4eva

that is it but it looks a bit different now because that was taken soon after construction was finished. Soon after they made it look nicer

strucka

We have something like that too, however it's bigger and at the moment it's in the phase of getting a new junction on the south where there is a sports park being constructed:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=sl&geocode=&q=ljubljana,+slovenija&sll=37.439974,-95.712891&sspn=48.709186,113.466797&ie=UTF8&ll=46.080941,14.528679&spn=0.005269,0.013851&t=k&z=17

Link to sports park Stožice in Ljubljana, Slovenia: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=702030

kings_niners

is there anything under developement for passing underneath the rhw mod?

Blue Lightning

Yes. I am currently working on RHW-FLUPs (URHW4, UMIS, FLUP(Rd/OWR/AVE) under RHW)

Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

RebaLynnTS

I am curious if pedestrian FLUPs are possible?
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Chrisim

Pedestrian FLUPs - you mean a subway for Sims crossing below a road or rail?
Of course, it's possible. The question is whether it is meaningful - and even if the conclusion is positive - which pieces are meaningful and can be used in many situations? You do not want to create puzzle pieces that are rarely used. One case that I considered is a pedestrian subway for the tram-avenue roundabouts.

mike3775

those would be handy when you want to give the sims a quick access route to a train station a few blocks away.  I try to place ped malls across the street from train stations and lay a path from the train station to many residential area's, giving them another way to get to a train station 2-6 blocks away from where they live and walk(and it does work)