• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLexible UnderPasses (FLUPs)

Started by Chrisim, December 25, 2008, 04:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LE0

SAM streets? I can imagine brick, asphalt, cobblestone FLUPs but not dirt FLUPS $%Grinno$%

And there are only FLUps for Roads at the moment, other networks will be added later.
Leoland coming Spring 2009

carkid1998

Are there any new pieces in the march nam???
Sendona... Coming soon!

Andreas

No, but new pieces are planned for the future. :)
Andreas

BigSlark

I hate to post requests, but is there any chance FLUPs for Avenues, GLR-in-AVE, and T-RAM in the future?

Cheers,
Kevin

RebaLynnTS

Wish I could afford to pay these folks to make this stuff. I am simply amazed. I wonder if this set up could be used to make my upcoming under sea city project functional?
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Chrisim

No need to pay for SC4 downloads. The work on underpasses continues, but it will take some more time. A partial preview:

joelyboy911

Oohh... very nice! Thats a teaser with just the right level of tease!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

io_bg

I can't wait to use this :D Great job! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

FrankU

Looks like Marrast's underpasses. These will become obsolete, I guess?

Andreas

Quote from: FrankU on June 07, 2009, 05:27:45 AM
Looks like Marrast's underpasses. These will become obsolete, I guess?

Yes, the FLUPs will basically replace the underpass lots eventually. Those lots were "cheating" a bit anyway, since transit enabled lots are intended for stations, and not as substitution for network tiles.
Andreas

Chrisim

Please read the first posting - it is changed to reflect the June 2009 NAM updates  :)

FrankU

Quote from: Chrisim on June 21, 2009, 03:37:23 PM
Please read the first posting - it is changed to reflect the June 2009 NAM updates  :)

Yes, I did.
Great work, all of you!  &apls  &apls  :thumbsup:

Glazert

I really like the way you have used the same underpass pieces in the June 2009 NAM for road, one-way road and avenue. Very elegantly economical. It is even possible to split the two carriageways of the dual carriageway underground, as long as they are joined together at the entrance and exit ramps.

KoV Liberty

Will there be underpasses with airport textures above? I could sure use those!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

pilotdaryl

Quote from: Chrisim on January 31, 2009, 07:25:32 AM
Like this?
You can do it now. The height difference must be about 10 meters. Then, use Buddbud's TE-Lot (but be careful to avoid crashs to desktop - don't hover puzzle pieces over TE-Lots). Maybe we shall publish a variation of Smoncrie ground lifter, that lifts exactly 10 meters. It would make it easier.
I remember there is a new set of ground lifters and diggers that can lift or dig 8m, 10m, 12, and more specific heights.

Tilarium

Would it be possible to make some FLUPs that look like they are going further down?  I just rebuilt one of my main cities to take advantage of the new NAM stuff and thought FLUPs would work good with the CAN-AM.  It works and all but they just look weird, because they don't go down far enough, so only a small layer of water over them.  Nothing to pressing, just more austetics then anything else.  And for the record... I LOVE the ave FLUP, looks so amazing in the central city.

KoV Liberty

Quote from: pilotdaryl on June 23, 2009, 10:58:35 PM
I remember there is a new set of ground lifters and diggers that can lift or dig 8m, 10m, 12, and more specific heights.

Yeah I think they are ShadowAssasin's on the LEX.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Chrisim

It is possible to create further FLUPs ramps that look like they are going further down, but it would require somebody who is familiar with BAT, custom LODs and preferably also with network models.
The present ramps are masterpieces by Marrast, generated a long time ago. Unfortunately, he is not actively contributing to SC4 anymore, although I saw him here a few weeks ago  :)

TmiguelT

i got one simple question... gow do you connect the ONE WAY road FLUP and the AVENUE FLUP? i tried to use them but i never get a path of commute in there

danielra96

i've noticed that when you drive a car into a FLUP it disappears for a moment then goes underground.
Does anyone know why?