• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLexible UnderPasses (FLUPs)

Started by Chrisim, December 25, 2008, 04:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

remanh

Is an on-slope FLUP entrance in the works?

genemc777

Can you mak them for 1 way roads ()what()

j-dub

What genemc said. I have an idea that could save RUL time: Could the OWR have separate entrance and exit pieces so that the traffic in the lane going into the underpass merges to the one side of the existing underpass pieces, then widens back out into OWR through the exit ramp? I figure since the network speed underneath is the same.

genemc777

another question, why cant they go under the RHWs?

j-dub

Maybe Tarkus has plans to take care of a FLUPs for RHW, but if that is the case, will not for a very long time. Its not like every possible thing of everything can be made at once for anything.

Tarkus

Quote from: j-dub on January 28, 2009, 08:13:26 PM
Maybe Tarkus has plans to take care of a FLUPs for RHW, but if that is the case, will not for a very long time. Its not like every possible thing of everything can be made at once for anything.

Yes, I would like to have some sort of interface between RHW and FLUPs . . . though my to-do list/wish-list of things going into the RHW is extraordinarily long.  I literally have enough stuff that it would take me a few years to add everything in.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Chrisim

Quote from: Warrior on January 28, 2009, 12:38:05 PM
Whoa,
This is the first release of the set, so please don't ask why X and that can't go under Y.

More pieces will be added in time

Jonathan
No, it's ok to ask. You may not receive an immediate response (I don't have time to check here every day), but if nobody has the idea and asks, it will not be generated. Please ask.

Quote from: shadd0w09 on January 22, 2009, 02:35:35 PM
love FLUP's &apls cant stop usin them need the under GHSRP pice and it would be fine  :thumbsup:
Quote from: genemc777 on January 28, 2009, 12:29:26 PM
another question, why cant they go under the RHWs?
Yes, these are missing. For the next version, it shall be possible to create road underpasses under GHSRP, RHW, GLR/tram. More suggestions?

Quote from: genemc777 on January 26, 2009, 08:21:34 PM
Can you mak them for 1 way roads ()what()
Yes, we can. The next version shall contain 1way and avenue ramps and 1way underground connections.

Quote from: remanh on January 22, 2009, 06:11:32 PM
Is an on-slope FLUP entrance in the works?
Like this?
You can do it now. The height difference must be about 10 meters. Then, use Buddbud's TE-Lot (but be careful to avoid crashs to desktop - don't hover puzzle pieces over TE-Lots). Maybe we shall publish a variation of Smoncrie ground lifter, that lifts exactly 10 meters. It would make it easier.

io_bg

QuoteThe height difference must be about 10 meters.
Well, isn't it 8 meters?
One question: is it possible to make FLUPS for RHW?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

toxicpiano

Will there be a clear straight piece for the underground rail like the FLUP?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

vinlabsc3k

Hi Chrisim, I love ur works. &apls &apls
The FLUPs are the addiction &idea that's needed in the NAM, actually i've changed almost all my overpasses with them  ;).
I hope, like remanh,that ur progress is on the way with the on-slope FLUPs.

PS: Is in the todo list the diagonal pieces?
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Swamper77

Quote from: io_bg on January 31, 2009, 07:32:42 AM

Well, isn't it 8 meters?

Chrisim's FLUPs paths are at a depth of 10 meters.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Kitsune

But Buddybuds pieces are for 8m, and how does the 2m height difference effect things?
~ NAM Team Member

sim-al2

It breaks the paths...  ...I think. ???
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

JoeST

it would break UDI but the pathfinder still can flow through different height paths I think
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Jonathan

The UDI would still work, it would just jump up/down 2m (this happens if you put an elevated rail station on GLR) annoyingly it will have no effect(this is a problem with some puzzle pieces)

Jonathan

j-dub

One question: is it possible to make FLUPS for RHW?

We have already covered this question a number of times in both threads.
Because of that, we may want to make this clearly known top of the thread.

@Toxic piano, have you tried using the clear texture FLUPS to direct rail traffic? I have used the road under rail piece to direct trains over trains. If they work, this could save time and RUL by not needing new pieces.  Don't know if this still works, may want to try and verify.

j-dub

Ew, I'm sorry. The only piece where train traffic can use FLUPs from the road menu is the road under rail piece, where a train can pass beneath a train. Its probably because the game really can't determine whats on top and whats underneath, but what network is actually there.

Dexist

hey are there coming
flups for other road like avenue, streets, sam streets, owr, highwa, rhw?

there is only for normal road now  ??? isnt it?