• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLexible UnderPasses (FLUPs)

Started by Chrisim, December 25, 2008, 04:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

LE0

When can we expect a release? &apls

answer: most likely "when its done"
Leoland coming Spring 2009

BigSlark

Quote from: LE0 on January 14, 2009, 02:33:55 PM
When can we expect a release? &apls

answer: most likely "when its done"

You hit it right on the head, LE0!  :P

Cheers,
Kevin

bob56

This will be a commute lifesaver for my city when its released...GREAT WORK!!! &apls &apls
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

j-dub

Hey guys, instead of wanting FLUPs, guess whats out right now already? NAM 2009! And your never going to guess whats inside it?

skyliner

Awesome project. Is there any chance the FLUPs will extend to Avenues and maybe even rail?

j-dub

There is a avenue underpass entrance model that could be used for just that, but will have to ask Chris.

TheChosenOne

Quote from: skyliner on January 14, 2009, 06:38:18 PM
Awesome project. Is there any chance the FLUPs will extend to Avenues and maybe even rail?

Um, I know this is asking for too much, but there will be FLUPs for all networks? (including RHW)

j-dub

Tarkus thought about doing just that, new models would need to be made, and the pieces would need to be pathed the same direction underneath.

Chrisim

The January 2009 NAM with the FLUPs is out, therefore I added some tips for using FLUPs puzzle pieces in the first posting that is normally displayed at the top.

Quote from: skyliner on January 14, 2009, 06:38:18 PM
Is there any chance the FLUPs will extend to Avenues and maybe even rail?
Rail underpasses do already exist in the NAM. Have a look in the rail menu.
Avenue underpasses will be easy to create (if there is enough interest) because there is a wonderful ramp model by Marrast. And I do also have a ramp model for tram-avenue underpasses.
Quote from: TheChosenOne on January 15, 2009, 08:09:37 AM
Um, I know this is asking for too much, but there will be FLUPs for all networks? (including RHW)
RHW at the surface will be easy. RHW in the underground would require somebody creating a ramp model.

Blue Lightning

I might be able to create a generic model for a RHW-FLUP piece.
Anyway, nice job on the FLUPs so far!
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Erzei

Quote from: Chrisim on January 15, 2009, 01:59:07 PM
The January 2009 NAM with the FLUPs is out, therefore I added some tips for using FLUPs puzzle pieces in the first posting that is normally displayed at the top.
Rail underpasses do already exist in the NAM. Have a look in the rail menu.
Avenue underpasses will be easy to create (if there is enough interest) because there is a wonderful ramp model by Marrast. And I do also have a ramp model for tram-avenue underpasses.RHW at the surface will be easy. RHW in the underground would require somebody creating a ramp model.

That would be awesome!!!  ;D

Crissa

Is it possible for intersections in the underground portion?

-Crissa

Swamper77

Crissa,

Currently, no intersections are allowed in the underground portion of the FLUPs. Someone will have to make the appropriate puzzle pieces to allow for intersections underground.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

scottott999

A couple of questions...

1) Can you run a subway under a FLUP without the traffic changing networks?

2) Can FLUPs be lotted so that they run under a building?

Swamper77

1) Since the subway traffic is on a different layer, it won't interfere with traffic running underground via the FLUPs. The FLUPs are basically road puzzle pieces with their paths underground.

2) Since the FLUPs are puzzle pieces, Lots and puzzle pieces cannot occupy the same space.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

SimNation

I have a bigger question. Can you incorporate the FLUPs with other underground passage way lots such as Blahdys Big Dig, and Buddybuds unreleased underpass's

JoeST

You can use the old ones without conflicting with the new ones, and the old entrances can be (and might be) converted. for example Buddybud has given permission to use his models for entrances
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Chrisim

Quote from: Crissa on January 18, 2009, 08:53:55 PM
Is it possible for intersections in the underground portion?
Not in this first version, but maybe in a future version, if there is enough interest.
Quote from: SimNation on January 20, 2009, 12:19:06 PM
I have a bigger question. Can you incorporate the FLUPs with other underground passage way lots such as Blahdys Big Dig, and Buddybuds unreleased underpass's
Unfortunately, it is not possible to integrate their models in the FLUPs. Both models extend below the surface and do not use a base texture. For Lots, the base is transparent. You do sometimes get a graphics bug that the underground part is in a strange violet color, but with a few mouse clicks you can correct it.
For puzzle pieces it is different. The model is implemented via a T21 exemplar. Instead of a transparent surface allowing to see the deeper part of the model, you get the green grass texture and cannot see any part of the model below the surface.
The reason why it works for Marrast's ramp model is explained in my posting #74: the adapted LOD. Unfortunately, Blahdy and Buddybud did not adapt the LOD, and unfortunately Buddybud lost his Gmax models.

Post 74 does show how you can combine Buddybud's lot with FLUPs underpasses. I haven't tried for Blahdy's big dig.

shadd0w09

love FLUP's &apls cant stop usin them need the under GHSRP pice and it would be fine  :thumbsup: