• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Paint.NET Fsh Filetype Plugin

Started by null45, September 01, 2009, 05:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

null45

This is a Filetype plug-in I wrote to allow Paint.NET to load / save fsh files.

When saving an options dialog will allow you to set the type of Fsh and if Fshwrite compression is used.

The "Fshwrite compression" option compresses the image with higher quality compression than FSHLib uses.

To install place all three dlls in the FileTypes directory where Paint.NET is installed.

Download: FshFiletype

I hope it will be useful.  :thumbsup:

CasperVg

Hey, thanks! I'm sure that'll be very useful.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

null45

The plugin now uses the Paint.NET save dialog and the higher quality Fshwrite compression is used when writing DXT1 or DXT3 fsh files.  :thumbsup:

null45

The Fshwrite compression is now a selectable option, a few other bugs fixed.

File version updated to 1.2.0.0

null45

The Paint.NET resize function is now used for resizing the Mipmaps, File version updated to 1.2.1.0  ;)

ltrskn

Thank you for this plugin. It helps me out to be able to open the files directly into Paint.NET instead of converting them first using various utility programs like fshtool.

I am having trouble, however, with saving in the fsh format. I receive the following error popup:

Error Saving Fsh: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT:0x8007000B)

I am using Paint.NET 3.5.5 (latest version) on Windows 7 64-bit.

The plugin does allow saving to other formats like png, so it is still very useful for me. Just thought you might like to know about the error messages.

Thanks again and best regards--

null45

That is what I get for using copy and paste and not testing on a 64-bit machine after I added Fshwrite compression. ::)

That bug has been fixed, File version updated to 1.2.2.0

redscope53

Oh wow thanks. This is awesome and I use it all the time. Thanks so much!  &hlp &apls ;D :D
±Driver±

null45

The DXT1 fsh files should now load the alpha channel correctly.

File version updated to 1.2.2.1.

null45

Support for re-saving existing multi-scale images added, FSHLib dependency removed.

File version updated to 1.2.2.2. :)

Additionally this plugin is now also on the main Paint.Net plugins forum.

null45

Added support for the FSH attachments.

File version updated to 1.2.2.3.

null45

Fixed a few bugs in the mipmap and attachment support, file version updated to 1.2.2.4.

null45

Fixed a crash in the DXT1 compression, File version updated to 1.2.2.5.

null45

Fixed a number of attachment handling bugs, file version updated to 1.2.2.6.

catty

&apls  for continuing to update this, its much appreciated
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

null45

Fixed a bug with the decompression of some DXT images, a few more attachment handling bugs fixed.
File version updated to 1.2.4.0.

null45

Use static linking on squish_Win32.dll and squish_x64.dll to remove the Visual C++ runtime dependency.