• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simcity4 Deluxe just downloaded from GOG (what next?)

Started by VeTram, January 23, 2020, 03:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VeTram

Glad to be back!  :) (perhaps some older members remember me)  ....so, pls i have forgotten some things...i have just installed SimCity 4 Deluxe edition from GOG .... I had managed to run the game in windows 10 (i dont remember how dont ask me) but when i tried to install NAM it wasnt possible....so i read about GOG and finally installed the game , but i DONT find the Plugins folder!..(or any other simcity4 folder into my Documents ) pls tell me what are the steps i must make after installing the game (from GOG)   help...Thanks ..help
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

xxdita

Hello there. I'm using GOG version of the game as well.
The game installed to C:\GOG Games\SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition, but it also did install the proper folders into Documents as well. Perhaps check to see if it was installed under a different user?

VeTram

there is a plugin and region folder in the position that GOG installed the game (c:/program files (x86) / GOG Galaxy / Games /  SC4 DELUXE EDITION )  ..in the plugin folder there are  4 png files ...what to do ? should i let the folder there or move it to my Documents?
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

Andreas

Don't touch those folders, they're a backup of the pre-installed regions, and the PNGs are the background image of your region and city maps. As xxdita pointed out, there should be an SC4 folder in your Documents folder, too, and this is the proper place for all custom content.
Andreas

xxdita

Yeah, moving the folder won't help. The game should recreate it, but it will never find where you've moved the original to, and I'm not sure that it would recreate the png files.

You may need to run the game as an Admin, and give it permission to create the necessary folders in User/Documents. Or you may actually have to reinstall the game as an

You may also want to try the official GOG forum for help. https://www.gog.com/forum/simcity_series#1579819192

You'll need to create an account, but there is a link for Support at the top of the page.