• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Totori

Started by Dantes, March 11, 2011, 05:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dantes

@Nanami: I like you  :P
@Tyberius06: The HSRP Station is from awesome Tadasu!

I need residential towers  :'(

I have five Japanese high-rise buildings where my citizens live. I am looking for modern high-rise buildings which are as boring as possible. Rectangular, glazed or with balconies. Unfortunately I find on Simtropolis only very badly. The search engine is not good. I'm not looking for any Hong Kong buildings.

Ideal are quadrangular simple buildings. Can you help me ?

So. And now epic modern AND traditional architecture:

Anybody know the Nishinoyama House in Kyoto from Kazuyo Sejima ?

http://archeyes.com/nishinoyama-house-kazuyo-sejima/

Maybe THIS is the future for modern machiya!  :)

Dantes

Quote from: Chrisim on March 06, 2010, 01:00:53 PM
Tram-in-road and tram-on-street stations exist, but there are apparently no tram-on-road stations. Well, in fact there are dozens (if not hundreds) of tram-on-road stations:

TramOnRoadStop1.jpg...

Yes, these are normal GLR/tram stations. They can be used for tram-on-road due to this NAM puzzle piece:
TramOnRoadStop0.jpg

First plop a tram station:
TRAM22.jpg
Next plop the puzzle piece on both ends:
TRAM33.jpg
Drag onewayroad outwards and back inwards as shown on the next two pictures:

TRAM34.jpg TRAM35.jpg
Connect by onewayroad:
TRAM36.jpg
Bulldoze the outer part of the onewayroad
TRAM37.jpg
and repeat these steps on the other side.

You cannot directly connect the avenue on the side, but you may connect avenue via two onewayroads:

TRAM38.jpg TRAM39.jpg
You can build similar stops for the tram-in-road, and you can create such a roundabout:

Have anyone an idea why this does not work ?
See here:

If I destroy the red area the puzzle pieces destroy too.

At last one good news:

I like this AUT building! This is an fantastic architecture style! And R-$$ !  &apls

mgb204

Firstly compare your screenshot with the tutorial, see how in the tutorial the OWRs have a sharp 90° bend where they connect? Whereas in your example this is a smooth curve, I think you are not dragging the diagonal OWRs correctly and that's causing the problem.

Note I'm dragging for a LHD setup, if using RHD, you should use the opposite direction for the OWRs.

It's worth noting too that Tram in Road and Tram on Road stations do exist, some were included in an add to RTMT, there is also one in the NAM itself. You may find others on the exchanges, although there probably aren't a huge number of choices.

siemanthepieman

It also looks like Chrisim and mgb204 are using a two tile station while you are trying with a three tile station. No idea if that is the problem but worth checking.

Great MD by the way!

Dantes

Thanks for your support!  :) Now it has worked! In the German NAM there are no own tram stations. I think this is good because I do not want too many things I do not use. I do not use highways and RHW. I do not use a normal runway, but only tram and Monorail. I like the railroad. In the new districts I will make a lot of use of them.
I hope you like the new pictures. I have experimented a bit in a map. If someone knows residential towers (R$$)please tell me!

Here comes the mattb325 special  :P

I like his 4x2 buildings Beverly Apartments & POD Apartments. The others I like too, but they want easier grow than my machiya!  :'(
My citizens love MattB!  ;D

My favorite picture

Night shoot with three towers!  :satisfied:

mattb325

Very nice! I'll have to try to do some Japanese buildings one day  :satisfied:

Nanami

Great choice of midrise in the city there! It's a little bit different with what I see in this MD before which is mostly machiya but it's still a nice work!

I cant help much about the midrise stuff, as I do have problem with the diversity of this plugins as well.

also mattb325, you very welcome to create it! there is a shortage number of typical midrise Japanese or east asian apartment, mostly for dense area. ;D

manga rivotra

It appears that the buildings of Mattb can mix nicely with any other type of architecture ! Very good choices and very good planning !  :thumbsup:
If you need more "flat roof modern residential building", you can try Motokloss, glenni or delecto ones.

kelis

My friend !! I think you can find a place in your region for these two towers ---> http://descargas.capitalsim.net/?sitio=csc&descarga=662

I like the new face of your region, great work with that tram station too  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Akallan

Very beautiful pictures, I like how the sky train passes. The Asian cities are superb to see for which is transport, it is often impressive.
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

romualdillo

Oh... my... God!! Just when I think you've reached perfection, you do it better!  &apls

Dantes

So many comments! Okay, you users like urban pictures  :D
@mattb325:I think your buildings are beautiful. You should not force yourself to make us happy. I like your 60s building. Here pictures from Dresden with the cinema "Rundkino".

1960s Architecture is unique ! ;D
@Nanami:  *hug*On my research for midrises, whether Japanese or East Asian, there are very few buildings for the people in Simcity. I thank you for sharing your knowledge. I find it very exciting that we have the same theme "Japan Urban Metropolism" different urban areas have!
@manga rivotra:Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I found there no buildings which corresponded to my imagination and idea. MattB has done a great artistic performance!
@kelis: My friend! \°w°/ I have planned to use this high towers. I have many stuff from jsteed! I hope you can help me again. I need building to prop help for my central plaza  :'(
@Akallan: Grützi! I think every urban space can need sky trains. In Germany is this Wupperthal , the nördliche Kanton  $%Grinno$% I am happy you visit my MD!
@romualdillo: No!No!No! Nonono! Noooooo. No perfection! No! Noooooo. Ò.Ò
@korver: thank youuuu. I do my best!

in-work pictures

The following pictures show unfinished areas. I think it is perhaps interesting to see how individual districts develop.

The radio and tourist trap tower is to small in my city district  &ops The highrises are higer than the radio and tourist trap tower  $%#Ninj2 But the plaza is perfect for an pyramid...  :P http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/24333-louvre-pyramid/?_fromLogin=1 kovak ist the artist of this BAT. But it is an building model. I use the LotEditor by MAXIS. And for this plaza I need this as an prop as.  &cry2 The historical museum is located opposite the square. I would be very happy if someone can help me. Has anyone actually used the Louvre by the Paris players? I've never seen him in an MD. I like this. It's a fantastic work in paris ! Modern and awesome stylish  $%Grinno$%

Later in this free space is build the regional convention center

MattB your works is perfect  :P

The plaza with a part of the museum.

Dantes

Thank you much for the Likes  :)

After the new Windows Update my Simcity (Steam) look fail.

Whats wrong ? The perspective! Bad Windows, bad! Ò__Ó
Now I have extra extra wide screen.  Ingame it look so:  top size normal but wide screen very extra wide. Do you remember old italo-western ? I have this feeling...  :thumbsdown:
I test the other in-game computer monitor options, but nothing!

So I can not play.

art128

What do you mean the perspective is bad?
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

art128

Could be that you didn't set the games launch options. You're using SC4 on steam, right?

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

Correctly. I am using Steam. I had to change the CPU once. I had help with this. Ingame is everything as set as I had it.

Only since the Windows Update I have a problem.  &cry2

art128

In steam, did you right click SC4 in the library, Properties, general tab and "set launch option..." button, did you specify a resolution to use?
Something like this -CustomResolution:enabled -r1920x1080x32 (Change the resolution to something you want)

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

Okay,  I have use this code:
-cpucount:1 -CustomResolution:enabled -r1920x1080x32

I think it works. I test different numbers:
-cpucount:1 -CustomResolution:enabled -r1024x765x32

Now it is more bigger before  ::)
I use an acer Travel Mate P253-E
15.6" HD Acer ComfyView LED LCD

Thank you to help my brother!  :crytissue:

art128

use -w to have SC4 in windowed mode. I think this should give you what you want.

Props & Texture Catalog