• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

A Journey Through Finland - Region Portrait

Started by Tandini, January 15, 2013, 07:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IL...

This a really great CJ, I enjoyed the views, but it don't look very much medeterrenian in some parts, but rather a pacific one  &apls
10/5!  ;D

What's the water mod you are using, it is very transparent

noahclem

Wow, that's some beautiful stuff  :o   Some of the best underwater work I've ever seen, if not the best. I had to save the first mosaic to my computer ;)  Keep up the great work  &apls

Dantes

Your landscaping is very impressive!  $%#Ninj2 I really like how you have put down the bridge in the last picture.
A bold scenery, great pictures.  &apls &apls &apls

Mr.Lin

THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

Tandini

A Journey Through Finland

Replies:

Thank you all for your enthusiastic comments!

@ noahclem: I feel honored!

@ Swordmaster: I already figuered that out. I use PEG-MTP Terrain-Mod and I found a file ...\ZZZ_Facelift Mods\PEG\MTP\Terrain Mod 2\PEG-MTP_TerrainMod_2. But this file contains no exemplars. So I still didn't find out where the GW-transparency is changed in that way.
For a test I tried the "Berner Oberland Mod" with which I was able to adjust the transparency to my satisfaction - but this mod raised the snow hight which is important on some maps of my region ... I will try to find out how to adjust the snow hight - until that I stay with the PEG-MTP Terrain.
To eliminate the tiling effect of the Brigantine water I tried several other water mods and decided to change to "LK Inside Passage Water". I will present it the next update.

(Remember: Clicking on several of the pics opens HiRes)

- - - - -

Chapter 3: A Walk to the Ruins of the Old Stronghold

The "Chapel of our Lord" was built between 1661 to 1666 out of the demolition material of the old romanesque church and material from the old stronghold. Parallel with the extension of the harbour the chapel was refurbished and the grounds were rearranged.

Originally Roman-Catholic, the island congregation changed to Lutheran in the 16th century. Despite several attempts of the roman-catholic church to intervene, this young Lutheran congregation was able to withstand the attacks – after their defeat the catholic church was torn down and a new chapel was built.

Our pastor Akinjele – originating from Nigeria – lives in this small home here in the left front, nearly hidden between the pine-trees. You can see him outside between the pines, enjoying the outlook...
"$Deal"$ Akinjele is – by the way – a name of the Yoruba people and has the meaning: "He fits exactly into the house" ()stsfd()   ;D

Pic. 3.01: The "Chapel of our Lord"

Pic. 3.02: ... and the neighborhood of our pastor

Opposite we see one of the vineyards hill down the ruins. Beneath a small torrent flows from a spring just underneath these ruins. The trail up to the remains of the former stronghold starts just where the little torrent passes under the street.

Pic. 3.03: The torrent valley of the Tannach

Pic. 3.04: This home here shelters some of the workers who care for the vineyards and grapevines or who work at the vintage. In between it is available to vacation guests.

But before we hike to the ruins we visit the family Vasaio. They run a pottery workshop, whose products are famous all over the region – concerning quality and originality.

Pic. 3.05: The pottery workshop of the Vasaio

Pic. 3.06: The paved trail leads to the ruins from north, passing a popular outlook, where people like to rest for a picknick.

Pic. 3.07: The ruins with environs as seen from west...

Pic. 3.08: ...and closer from north – with view down the Gorge gap. Left hand the Gronki estate (see pic 1.09)

Pic. 3.09: A close-up view of the ruins

We leave the ruins of the former stronghold through the west gate and follow the gravel path, passing the Gronki estate, across the old iron bridge besides Neshold mill back to our home.

Pic. 3.10: The gravel path heading westwards to the ruins

So, by for now. I hope it's been worth the wait...

- - - - -

Again, your comments and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Come along on a Journey through Finland

Kergelen

Very nice landscaping and MMPing.

I like the castle because it seems that some parts are old and others reconstructed. :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

mave94

Quote from: Tandini on March 01, 2013, 03:05:39 PM
So, by for now. I hope it's been worth the wait...
Yes, that is for sure! I especially like the ruins of the castle. This picture gave me the impression as if I was really standing on the top of a hill. Well done! &apls

Swordmaster

This is truly exquisite. It's very hard to find any flaws here, and the composition of the landscape is very realistic. I love it.

Quote from: Tandini on March 01, 2013, 03:05:39 PM
@ Swordmaster: I already figuered that out. I use PEG-MTP Terrain-Mod and I found a file ...\ZZZ_Facelift Mods\PEG\MTP\Terrain Mod 2\PEG-MTP_TerrainMod_2. But this file contains no exemplars. So I still didn't find out where the GW-transparency is changed in that way.
For a test I tried the "Berner Oberland Mod" with which I was able to adjust the transparency to my satisfaction - but this mod raised the snow hight which is important on some maps of my region ... I will try to find out how to adjust the snow hight - until that I stay with the PEG-MTP Terrain.
To eliminate the tiling effect of the Brigantine water I tried several other water mods and decided to change to "LK Inside Passage Water". I will present it the next update.

The MTP isn't really a terrain mod, it only has textures. It relies on the default Maxis terrain properties exemplar (which you can find in SimCity1.dat - TGI 6534284A-88CD66E9-00000001). So you'll have to copy that file in a new dat in your plugins and change the settings according to your preferences. I don't recommend changing anything about the terrain, though, your results with it are stunning. I don't think the BOM will match the atmosphere.

Note that both Gobias' and Lowkee's mods have a different texture tiling, so if you use their water mods without the corresponding terrain mods, you may not get the desired effect.

Cheers
Willy

vortext

This is so nice! Great use of mmps and the ruins are about perfect, I like the use of different BATs!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Dantes

What you're done with the landscaping is epic.  :o For it would have to give it a new word, very impressive, it's tandinistic  ;D

rooker1

Everyone has such nice things to say and I agree with most of it.  But I don't like the very large boulders.  In some areas they seem out of place.  You may be able to find realistic settings in real life that look similiar but in game I sometimes think those large boulders are too large and unrealistic.
I, too love your MMPing abilities.  You have been able to jam in a lot of realistic details.  It's really amazing how far our beloved game has come over the years.

Thanks for sharing.
Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Tandini

A Journey Through Finland

Table of contents:

Awards:

Replies:

Thank you again for your enthusiastic comments!

@Kergelen: (quote: I like the castle because it seems that some parts are old and others reconstructed.)
The "Finnean Department of Reconstruction and Preservation of Cultural and Natural Heritage" (DepCNH) plans a step-by-step reconstruction of the significant parts of the castle. Funds are authotized, reconstruction steps are being verified.

@mave94, @vortext: The DepCnH will highly regard the balance of reconstruction and the ruins character of the site.

@Swordmaster: I would like to return the compliment. Your work is indeed inspiring to me.
I decided to leave the terrain as it is; but with the change of the water I'm very happy! The presentation is postponed a little - maybe until I managed GW transparency (didn't continue to work on it...)

@Dantes: :D ... tandinistic ... ;D - let me return with dantenistic ... :thumbsup:

@rooker1: Well, I agree to a certain degree. On some places I'm not completely content with these boulders. Possibly I may combine them more for example with Murimk MMP rocks were applicable...

- - - - -

Teaser: Porto Neshold Expands

... editorial of the March 30, 1998 issue of "The Finnean Herald" (Please read carefully):

More comming soon ...
  Come along on a Journey through Finland

Framly

Fantastic Update! I really like the vineyards &apls looks familiar for me :P

Keep it up!

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Jmouse

Congratulations, Tandini. Your work is absolutely stunning.

Swordmaster

Congrats! And I wholeheartedly agree with Joan.

Cheers
Willy

rambuckel

Congrats on this OSITM which is really well deserved!!!!!! These pictures are so rich of details which are all so lovingly arranged ... Great work!!!!!  &apls &apls &apls
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

rooker1

A huge congrats for getting your MD into the OSITM.  Absolutely beautiful pics and I am sure we are all in for a treat this month!

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Framly

congrats for your first OSITM! Well deserved ;)

Keep it on!!!

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

noahclem

Congratulations on you OSITM  &apls

Absolutely stunning last update!  Your MMPing and the way you build on slopes is among the best of the best. Keep up the great work  :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0