• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[REL] SCAG Airbus Project

Started by joelyboy911, January 18, 2010, 01:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelyboy911

Thanks again for the support!

Gilikov1994 Thanks!

Driftmaster They are known as 'Wingtip Fences' Airbus has chosen them on all of its models so far, except the A330/A340 family, and the A320-200's ordered by Air New Zealand which will be the first A320s to feature blended winglets (similar to the 737NG's).

Firdausabdullah Yes, I will fulfill your request of a Malaysian Airlines, in the old livery.

feliwi Thanks for that useful list!

Cogeo I like the older one the most as well, so I'll make it!

Here you can see I've modeled a Catering truck (in Gate Gourmet livery at the moment, but LSG Sky Chefs will also be used), as well as a loader for loading the ULDs (Unit Load Devices) such as LD3s, the most common form, like the ones in the picture. These will be used on the models I render with the jetways attached, which brings me to my next point - the Jetway. This is the second jetway I've modeled, and I have tried to make it similar to the existing jetways, for maximum continuity in your airports. It is highly likely that this jetway, or a derivative of it will be used in other SCAG projects. You'll always know the SCAG jetway, because I put a little SCAG logo on the side of it. Something that does not match any existing airport content is the colour of the windows. As far as I know, every plane BAT made so far has used the 'Beige' night-window texture. I have chosen 'Blue'. If you look here, at the 'Night Shots' section of Airliners.net, you'll see many of the planes' windows appear to be lit with blue. So, I'm going for it.

I've also been working on liveries:

American                                      Lufthansa                                 Korean                                       Monarch

Click for full size!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Cyclone1001

YES! More airplanes for me to download! Loking good, keep up the good work!

firdausabdullah

Hey, thanks buddy! it would be awesome if the underbelly and the engine be in chrome as in actual plane. Great work :thumbsup:

-firdaus-

p/s opps.. I've just had a close look at the aircraft, not the underbelly, just the engine  ;)

Gilikov1994

Woow! this is soo perfect, very like the FlyMonarch by the Jetway
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

ShadeSlayer

Wow, looks fantastic. I think that texture for the LD3s is sitting around somewhere on the private board if you're looking for it.

Also, are you including baggage loaders in the BATs or are those going to be added in LE?

KoV Liberty

Very, very, very, very nice work Joel! I did not know American operates the A300. Anyways, Lufthansa is one of my FAVORITE liveries ever! You did it perfectly. Edit: I see now.  Will the planes be made availiable without the stuff underneath? And will the planes be released in individual packs? One for the A300, one for the A310, etc. The stuff on the ground looks amazing! The first ever to be made onto the plane's body directly in the BAT, as far as I know.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

WC_EEND

Is this topic open for requests? (A300 only)
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

cogeo

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on January 24, 2010, 03:15:22 PM
Very, very, very, very nice work Joel! I did not know American operates the A300.

They were all retired recently. And afaik they were not happy with them at all. Not only they suffered a crash, the plane featured the worst dispatch reliability amongst all their types (delays etc), in their hands. Lousy maintenance procedures? Maybe. In contrast the plane proved very reliable in the hands, of say, Lufthansa Technik. I guess even the most fanatic AA fans aren't fans of this bird actually.

joelyboy911

Cyclone1001 Thanks, I hope you enjoy them once they're released!

Firdausabdullah Yep, the engines are nice and shiny!

Shadeslayer I used that LD3 texture originally, but it wasn't very nice in HD, so I've been working on a new one. Admittedly, the one on that last picture was a bit bland.

Driftmaster American Airlines retired its fleet of A300s last year, as did Lufthansa. This A300 project will be released before I start the A310, and so on. So yes, they'll be seperate. Thanks for the compliment about the ground equipment, but I don't think they are the first to be made into the BAT. Voltaire's latest 747 is going to work that way, as will our 767.

WC_EEND Sorry, it is now closed for passenger airlines, however it is still open for cargo ones.

cogeo An interesting bit of information. I didn't know American was so unhappy with the A300.

Now, in the past few days I've put quite a lot of hours into this project, and I must say it is coming together very, very quickly. I've finished modelling the ground equipment, and have designed a ground-texture layout on which it (as well as the 767) will be lotted. So basically, I just have to finish the liveries, render and lot.

Malaysian                              Thai                                            TAA                                  Olympic
Click for Full Size

There are 2 more livery slots available in the passenger category. I intend to fill them with surprise ones, that you won't get to see until the release.  :P

If you want to request cargo ones, please do so.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

KoV Liberty

I love the olympic one! Is it actually named after the olympics? Heck, if it is, maybe you should do a simlympic livery. Lol. Keep up the great work Joel!

Very funny, Alex! No, i beleive it is named after Olympia, Greece
-Joel

Adrian, I miss you man.

Gilikov1994

Great liveries Joel~! &apls

B.t.w, what is going to happen with the SCAG 737 Project?
When will it be released?

Thanks,
- Giel

Jack_wilds

Hey Joelyboy, Jack wilds here...

Just a thumbs up  :thumbsup: today as I am liking the progress with the livery development... its all looking good

Jack

philly_boy

Actually, Olympic Airlines were the flag carrier of Greece until October 2009, when it was sold and re-named to Olympic Air... The livery is different now, but I like the old one better :)

Great job btw!  &apls

KoV Liberty

Ah, the reason I asked is because it bears something similar to the Olympics logo.

Adrian, I miss you man.

joelyboy911

Thanks Everyone!

@Gilikov Adroman is managing the 737 project! Its still going strong!

I have 5 of the cargo liveries to show today. The last one is going to be a surprise for you all!

What this means is that I can move on to rendering and lotting. However, I'm going to take a short break from this project, to focus on getting the Dash-8s released on the TurboProps side.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Gilikov1994

WC_EEND

well I'll be, 2 Belgian liveries and they look astonishingly good &apls
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

KoV Liberty

I want those sooooooooo bad! Lol. How many companies run the A300 and what can we expect in terms of numbers of those planes?

Adrian, I miss you man.

Une_ame

&hlp &hlp &hlp   YEEPEE     &hlp &hlp &hlp  YEEPEE    &hlp &hlp &hlp
Very good news, SC4 will never die with guys like you !!

I will be very happy if you have some blank space in your livery list for :

-OC, Air France, a very large user of A300 and the first company to fly the A300 -> the 1974 paintjob :

- First Airbus commercial lilvery ( ()what())

- The Air Inter livery (my first fly,  :'()

- and, at last but not least, the modern Air France one

babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

hyped_up_boy

looking goood!  :thumbsup: i assume you're doing engine variations for the a300?