• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[WIP/REL] SCAG Turboprops Department.

Started by joelyboy911, August 13, 2009, 02:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Think long term: Which regional planes would you like to see?

BAe ATP
Saab 340 & Saab 200
Embraer ERJ-145 Family
Bombardier C-Series
Dornier 328 and 328Jet
Other (Specify in a post)

joelyboy911

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

joelyboy911

These are set to be the final liveries for this package. If there's a demand, I might revisit the pack.

So, I have some last adjustments to do to the models of the smaller variants, some other things to add, then on to the rendering. Hopefully a prop pack release sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about the ATRs. It can attribute to how much of a learning curve this has been for me, that they are nearly ready, after 4 months of work, while the dash 8s might be ready within a much shorter timeframe. Perhaps soon I will 'graduate' to some slightly larger planes.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

adroman

Awesome is a word tossed around a lot these days, but, I would have to say that they are truly awesome!
Especially that Q-Link DHC...

Well done, can't wait to get them into my airport!
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

joelyboy911

Thanks Adroman. Did you notice that I elected to use the old logo on the plane's tail? What is your feeling on the logo?

Thanks Alex (Driftmaster).
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

adroman

Personally, the old logo is my favourite...

It looks great on your model, the planes they fly here (Mackay) use that logo.
I think you should keep that logo!

Have you ever seen the BreastCancer livery they've been using on a couple of their planes?
here's a link: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f8/VH-QOH.JPG

My father actually flew on that plane last week...

joelyboy911

OK Folks. I was chatting on MSN to Adroman about something else, when I thought of a slightly revolutionary idea. You know how in AC team's lot packs, there are also empty gate lots; well, how about, instead of that, the props are modded with a property 'Prop Random Chance' and 'Prop Time of Day'. This will mean that I can set a chance for each prop to appear, say 80%, and a time for each to change, say midnight, and that will mean that 20% of the gates will be empty, and that at midnight, all of them will reset, so a different lot of gates will be empty. Also, the ones that are in families will reset as well, meaning that, for instance, the Air Canada Jazz, with their 'jellybean' liveries, will appear with a different colour each day.

This will eliminate the need for empty gates, and will bring a touch more life, I think, to your airports.

Please give your feedback on this idea, and If you want to suggest what the random chance or time of day should be set as, please say so.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

RG59061

In all honesty, I'd rather only have the gates cycle from occupied to vacant with just one aircraft, or in the case of the "Air Canada Jazz" cycle through the liveries. I'm building airports and arranging aircraft in groups of gates for each airline. so for me, I'd like to only have a US Airways Express Q200 appear and then disappear, and not have a random QantasLink Q400 appear.

I'm fine with a random clock and have the individual plane appear and then disappear...but only for one livery.

That is where I stand on that matter.

Thanks Joelyboy!

RG
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

KoV Liberty

I would prefer that you just keep it, or make it a seperate optional DL pack.

Adrian, I miss you man.

joelyboy911

Quote from: RG59061 on October 01, 2009, 07:10:39 AM
In all honesty, I'd rather only have the gates cycle from occupied to vacant with just one aircraft, or in the case of the "Air Canada Jazz" cycle through the liveries. I'm building airports and arranging aircraft in groups of gates for each airline. so for me, I'd like to only have a US Airways Express Q200 appear and then disappear, and not have a random QantasLink Q400 appear.

I'm fine with a random clock and have the individual plane appear and then disappear...but only for one livery.

That is where I stand on that matter.

Thanks Joelyboy!

RG

QantasLink Q400? I think you misunderstood me. What you said about going from occcupied to vacant was right on the money. You choose what airline you want to plop, and then it will randomly disappear, on 20% of the days in the game.

But ones in prop families will change through as well. So - I could put all the liveries from North America in a prop family, and IF you choose to plop that gate, you can have a different airline each day but still from an appropriate geographic region.

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on October 01, 2009, 01:25:35 PM
I would prefer that you just keep it, or make it a seperate optional DL pack.

Thanks Alex. Its good to hear different opinions. Of course, nothing's set in stone yet.

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

adroman

QuoteI could put all the liveries from North America in a prop family, and IF you choose to plop that gate, you can have a different airline each day but still from an appropriate geographic region.

I think that'd work, but North America I'd be about the only region that you could do that for... There aren't too many Q400's in Australian companies!

And 20%, I know the the real life parking times for planes are significantly lower than 80%, but for aesthetics I think that's a good ratio...

Great work nevertheless.

KoV Liberty

Hey Joel,

I neglected, sadly, to say that you did a GREAT job on that Lynx Dash 8! I've never seen a more perfect livery!

Adrian, I miss you man.

joelyboy911

Woah, size 99! Thanks a bunch Alex, the praise makes all worthwhile.

And @Adroman, Yeah. It would also work for NZ though! If there's another airline from Australia that you'd like, I would make an exception to the fact that requests are closed. Otherwise, I also need an Aussie airline for the JetStreams.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Getron

joelyboy911

Hey Getron, thanks for visiting my project's thread. Welcome to the SCAG Team Board, and welcome to SC4Devotion (I see this is your 5th post).

The Fokker F50, and the plane it was based off, the F27 (a.k.a. Friendship), is definitely another plane that I would consider making. However, I am already committed to several projects, this one, the 767 and the BAe 146 regional jet. I also plan to do the Saab 340 and Saab 2000. So, perhaps if there is a little more support for the idea, I will BAT these planes.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

adroman

Not in this set thanks Joel... though I appreciate the offer.

I think the REX thing we were talking about it'd be fine... and again, Qantas link.

I think plain old regionals'd be fine... you know, generic colours logos etc. I think that'd satisfy most Regionals.

joelyboy911

Hello everyone. I am just coming by to say that I have exported all of the Q400s, with their doors closed. I have made custom LODs for them which are going to be good (they aren't too complex). Next I will render the Q200 and Q300. Then I will model the doors and stairs. And render with those.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

adroman

Fantastic Joel, simply fantastic!  :thumbsup:

What a day, eh? An update on Thames River and Rendering?
that's more than what I do in a week!  :P

adroman

Thanks for that Joel... no pressure now!   $%Grinno$%

That'd be grand, PilotDaryl sent me a PM this arvo about it. Can't wait to get started.

Just lotted an F/A-18 by the way!

Edit: Spelling Mistakes,

joelyboy911

Yeah, cool.

Also, check out the front page of this thread. I have prettied it up a bit...
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian