• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[WIP/REL] SCAG Turboprops Department.

Started by joelyboy911, August 13, 2009, 02:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Think long term: Which regional planes would you like to see?

BAe ATP
Saab 340 & Saab 200
Embraer ERJ-145 Family
Bombardier C-Series
Dornier 328 and 328Jet
Other (Specify in a post)

KoV Liberty

I have to say that I am HOOKED!!!!! I find it very interesting that these planes still fly... Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

RG59061

Thank you so much! I'm really excited about this one.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

portlandexpos04

Quote from: joelyboy911 on August 23, 2009, 09:01:18 PM
I probably could arrange something like that for you.

Awesome!  Thanks!  Can't wait to see them.

krbe

Scandinavian themed... Well, SAS operated the Q400 before they started cracking on landing, and is a big operator of the Dash 8-100 as well as 300 and Q400 models. However, the Jetstream 31 in Coast Air (BX)'s old livery would be really cool.

joelyboy911

Yes, SAS will be a big one to make, and I can definitely make that Coast Air for you.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

krbe

Oh, sorry, my second sentence should of course read "[...]and Widerøe is a big operator of the Dash[...]". Don't know what happened there. Widerøe is owned by SAS though.

joelyboy911

Oh, OK. I've seen the pictures of Widerøe, and it looks nice. I probably won't have it ready for this update (hopefully later today). But the others (mostly Q400) are coming along nicely.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

KoV Liberty

Thats good. Can't wait for release! But take your time. Make these as perfect as possible!

Adrian, I miss you man.

joelyboy911

I did say a week ago that I was going to upload some pictures of the European liveries for the dash 8. I'm sorry I never got around to showing you, but I have made these liveries: Lufthansa, British Airways, FlyBe, Olympic Airlines (New livery on the -400 model), SAS, Air Southwest (from England, don't confuse with Soutwest Airlines of the USA) and Austrian Arrows. Remember to post requests if you have them.

Also, Americans: What is going on with Frontier? How should I make the tail of their plane? I seem to see that they have a heap of different animals on the tails? One possibility, if you guys want more than one of the designs would be to render the tail as a seperate prop and build a prop family to make a random one show up each time.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

RG59061

Frontier is remaining Frontier. Southwest did not buy them...so Lynx Aviation, who operates the Bombardier Q-400s for Frontier, will still fly as Frontier.

I'm partial to the Prop Idea...and having random tails appear on the aircraft. Add a nice sense of realism.

Some of the most well known were from their commercials. The Lynx, Bear, Moose, and Rabbit. I am partial to the Eagle and Orca (Killer Whale). But there are so many...so it really is hard to say which ones should make the cut.

You are the designer and creator of this fantastic project...the final cut is down to your preference too.

Hope this helps.

Stay Fab!
RG59061

joelyboy911

I beleive these images speak for themselves. There are more to come, for instance BA and Air Southwest, but the -300 model needs tweaking.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

joelyboy911

Thanks Ioan.

Remember everyone, I'm still taking requests.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

krbe

Woohoo, the Q400 in SAS colours again! Shame they brought the first crappy batch, but I do see them returning to SAS if it wants to survive as a company--if their Widerøe and Air Baltic subsidiaries are able to operate it a while without problems.

As for further requests, are Porter (Q400s) on your list?

joelyboy911

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

joelyboy911

Enjoy. I have still to make Porter's livery, and Frontier's (I am going to randomly choose one of the tails.). I think Pilotdaryl is going to make the Air Canada Jazz livery set, and then I will be rendering. Then I will be adding the doors, and rendering again. I hope to put out a prop pack within the next two weeks!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

RG59061

Joely...what else can I say...that hasn't already been said?

These are just absolutely perfect looking!

I can really step up services now at my airport with the Continental Connection, Horizon, US Airways, United and future Frontier Qs.

Your props are going to compliment the AC Team's jets very well...as well as the future jets that SCAG is soon to release.

Thank you again so much, can't wait to see how this all wraps up.

RG

joelyboy911

Thanks RG. I wanted to make sure I got the world covered, in terms of country of origin for the liveries. I overdid New Zealand, just a little, but I think that I also covered North America and Europe quite well. 

I was going to release the J31 and J41 in the same pack, but I have decided to pursue them seperately, as you may have noticed. There will also be a J41 in United colours (the old ones).

I'm glad you think the props will go well with AC team's jets. 

Wraps up? It won't wrap up until every turboprop has been finished. Next turboprop I do will be the Saabs, but after that I will have some by Embraer, Beechcraft, and the ATP. Maybe I'll BAT some bigger Jets myself (I have one or two secret ideas), but I will also do some regional jets - I see there are a lot of votes for the ERJ-145 family (but I heard a rumour that someone else might be doing them).

I gotta wonder if making things like South African Express is a bit of a waste of time, are there any South Africans out there? Do you like it?
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

pilotdaryl

Wow, why haven't I been checking this thread lately $%Grinno$%