• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[REL] SCAG Boeing 777 Project

Started by pilotdaryl, September 20, 2008, 10:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pilotdaryl

777 model files are currently being rendered; taking advantage of new processor technology, I'm able to render 3 at once, which should speed up the dastardly time it would take to render all of them. ;D

This thread will contain all the latest updates to the SimCity Aviation Group's Boeing 777s, including new and upcoming liveries and development work.  The 777 is currently in the final stages of production.
The SCAG currently offers the 777-300 and -300ER aircraft series and plans to introduce the remainder of the series plus more soon.
New liveries:
Alliance liveries

Click for full image
Gulf Air

First release liveries - (click for image):
The first release of SCAG's 777 collection will feature 39 liveries (maybe more - I may have some liveries in there gone unnoticed &sly).  Note that some of the liveries were requested and created from scratch, and some of the airlines here may not be actual operators of the 777-300 aircraft lines:
Air Austral (supla007)
Air Canada (supla007)
Air France (supla007)
Air India (supla007)
Air New Zealand (skyliner22)
Aeroflot (supla007)
Air Tient (pink) (blue) (green) (pilotdaryl)
Alitalia (skyliner22)
American Airlines (bourneID)
ANA (All Nippon Airways) (supla007)
ANA-Star Alliance (Pilotdaryl)
Arik Air (supla007)
British Airways (Pilotdaryl)
Cathay Pacific (supla007)
Cathay Pacific-OneWorld (Pilotdaryl)
Emirates (supla007)
EVA Air (supla007)
Garuda Indonesia (pilotdaryl)
Gulf Air (pilotdaryl)
Japan Airlines (supla007)
Jet Airways (supla007)
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines (pilotdaryl)
KLM-SkyTeam (pilotdaryl)
Korean Airlines (supla007)
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines (pilotdaryl)
Northeast Orient Air (pilotdaryl)
Pakistan International Airways (supla007)
Philippine Airlines (pilotdaryl)
Poseidon Airlines (pilotdaryl)
Qantas (skyliner22)
Raffore International Airlines (pilotdaryl)
SKG Airlines (pilotdaryl)
Singapore Airlines (supla007)
TAM (supla007)
Thai International (supla007)
Turkish Airlines (skyliner22)
V Australia (supla007)
List under construction
Custom/Requested liveries (click for image):
These are some of the custom/from scratch liveries that will not be featured in the first (public) release due to concerns:
Mackinac Airways (pilotdaryl)
List under construction
Note: Prior to May 6, 2008 the SimCity Aviation Group was known as The Airport Team

papab2000

Wow, this looks so real.  &apls You almost feel like you can fly it.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

cogeo

Looking really great!

I have a question, is this a BAT prop (20 S3D files) or instead a single-S3D file model? (the latter can also be modded to "fly").

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Fatsuhono

All right, the SCAG is now at SC4 Devotion, woohoo!

tabi

SGAC Member(pilotdaryl )

Wonderful, beautiful work &apls &apls

PLT

simsmart

I understand that United doesn't operate 777-300s, but would it be possible to texture one of them in a United livery?

pilotdaryl

papab2000: Thanks!
cogeo: These are BAT props that will be rendered with skintight LODs.
Simpson: Thank you!
Fatsuhono: Indeed, they are ;D
simsmart: Thanks!  If you'd like to help at all, spots are available... ;)
tabi: Thanks a lot!
PLT: You too!  Thanks!
simsmart: A United Airlines livery is slated come after the creation of Delta and Northwest liveries. ;)

simsmart

I have no experience with BATting or texturing but I could Shirley* help with modding.

*Airplane! Reference

pilotdaryl

Why, Shirley :P
DON'T CALL ME SHIRLEY :P
Actually, I like to call this one The Flying Dutchman:

PLT

Whooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

I saw this one last week on Schiphol, she's a real beauty, just like your digital version!

Outstanding!

Fatsuhono

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Yoman

Uh....massive texture issue on the leading edge of the wing. There are also faint lines dividing sections of the fuse?

callagrafx

Quote from: Yoman on September 21, 2008, 02:20:33 PM
Uh....massive texture issue on the leading edge of the wing. There are also faint lines dividing sections of the fuse?

looks more like some out of place vertices on the model itself.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Yoman

Looks like its stretching over that vertex causing the entire area around it to mess up. Pilot is the leading edge of the wing perfectly straight? I learned from the A330 that it looks really messed up if it isn't perfectly straight, rather annoying :P Is the wing model attached the the wingbox? That could possibly screw it up as well.

pilotdaryl

PLT: Thanks!!!
Fatsuhono: Plan to make any good textures soon? ;) Thanks!
Simpson: More liveries to come soon! Thank you!
Yoman and callagrafx: Have a problem? ;) Let me give you some answers: The faint lines on the fuselage are there on purpose.  Those are just to provide some extra detail.  The image of the plane is zoomed in quite a bit from the original (consider it 'zoom 6') to provide extra quality.  I didn't really mind the leading edge of the wing first, but now that I look closer I think I'm seeing a slight texture glitch.  Easy fix 8) None of the vertices are messed up, and the wing is not attached to the center tank/wing box.
Yoman, you said A330?  I'm guessing your trying your luck at modelling it. Have fun and good luck! ;D

Yoman

I can understand about the faint lines, but I looked closely on airliner.net, and I didn't see any :P Only one horizontal line, so the verticle lines seem pointless, and just kindof odd looking. And yes I have been modeling the A330, nearly done. Hope you get the texture issues sorted out, are there going to be nightlights?