• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Avenue under El Highway problem

Started by SC4BOY, January 01, 2010, 06:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC4BOY

I came across THIS THREAD over on ST and it reminded me that I have also seen this issue recently. Basically it is that the avenue crossover where the entry/exit ramps for the highway comes down doesn't cross the avenue.  As mentioned in the thread there probably are several ways to "get around" the issue. I believe I have all the latest NAM and etc including all game patches.

Is this just something that will be fixed in due time, or is there already a fix?

I did make an attempt to see if this has already been asked, but was unsuccessful, so sorry if it's been asked before. Also sorry if this is the wrong place.. I thought there used to be a "NAM support thread" but I don't see it now, only a bunch of "branch threads".. if there is one, please move this.

MandelSoft

Never knew about this bug. I think it's a pathing issue. I'll take a look and see what I can do. And there really is a NAM support thread, called "NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE"

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

MandelSoft

Maybe this pathing fix should solve the problem.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

SC4BOY

Quote from: mrtnrln on January 01, 2010, 06:58:02 AM
And there really is a NAM support thread, called "NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE"

Thanks.. Man! I don't know why I didn't find that.. I knew I had seen one! lol

Quote from: mrtnrln on January 01, 2010, 08:00:39 AM
Maybe this pathing fix should solve the problem.

Thanks.. I'll give it a try and get back to you! I'm sure it will work and was just an oversight along the way.. :)

Edit: Ok, I made a quick test.. at least in my case it works fine now

Before they would not make the direct "left turn" there at the avenue, but would go to the right to the next crossing and then come back under the Highway.. It works properly now. Thanks for the fine work!

SC4BOY

Quote from: Jonathan on January 02, 2010, 02:18:22 PM
There is still an incorrect path in that picture, now no sims will be able to get on the highway there.

Not sure what you mean there.. sims enter the highway just fine. If you mean pedestrians, they shouldn't enter the highway.. can you elaborate a bit?

However I did find another oddity related to the first one. I glanced at the other side of the interchange only to see this: (the patch posted has been put in)

Of course this may be just because of the busstop there, but even if the stop had zero entrance (which I'm not sure it does.. I think someone patched those stations to give an entrance cost).. but nontheless, note that traffic crosses completely  under the highway, then go PAST the onramp, and go to the avenue intersection, THEN go back and get on the highway without crossing the crossover. Seems they should have just crossed the avenue at the interchange crossover just under the highway and gotten on the highway right there (at the yellow arrow).

Blue Lightning

As Jonathan said, there seems to be a pair of invalid paths. The ones flashing red and white. It seems a coordinate triplet is swapped.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

SC4BOY

Ahh I see.. I wondered what the flashing red arrow was.. LOL... :)

SC4BOY

Have any of you NAM guru's revisited this issue with a patch for this Maxis intersection? Maybe Maartin can take another shot at it?
Looks like the patch should even be integrated into the NAM so future users will have it automatically corrected if they use the NAM (which most users do now)