• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAN-AM Multiple Canal Mod

Started by Diggis, September 20, 2009, 12:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Love the CAN-AM, but feel restricted only being able to use one canal set?  No More!  This Mod will allow for 4 different water and bank types to be used together.  Using wealth based T21's we have managed to get the CAN-AM to automatically change depending on the banks.

For this to work effectively the banks of the canal must be the same otherwise the water will take the colour of the higher wealth.

This mod comes with 4 water types modded as follows:

High Wealth - Cal/SG Canals
Med Wealth - SG Canals
Low Wealth - Diggis Ponds
No Wealth - CityNuts ASC

Included in the download are overrides that will change Cal and SG's canal lots to High and Med wealth respectively.  Diggis Ponds and CityNuts ASC are already the correct wealth's.

Customising:

This Mod has been left unpacked for ease of customisation.  There are 8 loose SC4Desc files labeled with their wealth.  To change what set appears at each wealth all you need to do is open the description file for that wealth and change the Resource Key Type 1 to the GUI ID of the model you want to display.  You then need to ensure that the canal bank lots are modded to be the correct wealth.  That will then trigger the change in the CAN-AM.  (One minor note, the 4 sets above have all rendered their bank models facing the same way.  If a set has a modeled rendered in a different orientation you will have to edit all the bank T21's to rotate the model.)

To ensure the proper functionality, make sure the files mentioned below are installed in the plugins folder (note I have only listed the Canal Base Sets, not any additional sets as there are too many :P)
Network Addon Mod With CAN-AM installed

CAL Goobers Canals 2007 Base Set
BSC Canals - Base Set (SimgGoobers)
Newman Inc Agricultural Suburban Canals BSC
Diggis Streams Shingle Base Set

Massive thanks to Barby for all her testing and pushing to get this finished, Chrisim for updating the CAN-AM mod to help this along and Daeley for creating the original mod. 

Any problems please post them here and we will try our best to sort it out.

BarbyW

The terminals essential for this to work have also been posted to the LEX.

There are 27 terminals in total so as you can imagine the dependency list is long. Please do not complain about this as it will do you no good at all. ;D

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

tamorr

I don't know if this is the correct place, but it is for one of the recent releases the Villa Foscari CAN-AM... When I installed it I couldn't find the readme, plus there was another zip that installed into the directory with the Lots. Named the same Villa Foscari. I cleared the plugins and tried the installer in that zip and it installed the things where they should be, Lots in the correct directory as before, and the readme was put in the correct place.
   My question is which set of Lot should I be using? The ones the first installer installed, or the ones that I installed with the second installer(that was in the zip that installed with the first)?

Thank you for your time.  :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

BarbyW

OOps  ::) &ops I must redo the installer as I think I accidentally included the previous installer in the new one so you have two copies. Delete everything and wait for me to update the file. Sorry about that.

Edit: I had included the old zip with another installer in so have redone the installer and uploaded the correct one to the LEX.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

tamorr

Yeah I was wondering why the file was twice the size... Alright Thank you. :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."