• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us the view from your house/apartment

Started by metasmurf, February 05, 2008, 05:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

If by progress you mean " build more cranes " then yes. :D

They're just building the foundations now I believe.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

titanicbuff

I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

cowcorn

A few very typical views from Montreal, QC

From my rear balcony.

and from the front...

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

belfastsocrates

Decided to take a quick snap as the weather is lovely today

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

APSMS

Bump! Took this two days ago

This is in my "backyard" looking roughly east. Saw the right edge outside the kitchen sink window, and thought: "Hmm, that's nice. Let me take a picture." Turned out it stretched across the whole sky, which was doubly nice because it didn't actually rain that day (though we did get 1.5 inches of rain about a week ago, all in one day!). Just ignore the backyard junk (we're still getting stuff settled).

We moved here not quite a year ago. It's in the "mountains" at about 2400 ft elevation.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Seaman

I think I've even spotted a glimps of a secondary rainbow above the primary on the upper right hand side of the picture.  :thumbsup:

APSMS

Indeed. I didn't mention it cause it didn't show up too well in the panorama, but there was one, and quite clearly seen with the naked eye.

Not so much digitally :crytissue:

EDIT: Here's the other direction, taken at the same time from the hill behind my house, looking west.

Maybe higher I'd have gotten a better picture, but that's a lot of prickly scrub brush to wander through, and I wasn't in my jeans.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

matias93

click for full size

Taken just half hour ago, looking to the east. Ignore the flags, it looks super patriotic and such but in fact is super lazy, our national day was two weeks ago and many people hadn't bothered to retire them.

Also, as smog is a permanent feature of Santiago, you can barely see the city centre, only just after a heavy rain the entire valley could be seen.

The little pointy thing on the middle, between the tenetment block and the street lamp, is the Entel Tower, 5 kilometers away. Here, zoomed for your confort (the photo is from a week ago):

But I think this one is much more interesting, though:

This is my alarm clock: at 7:51 AM, a window with no curtains, showing the sun rising exactly in the middle of La Cruz and San Ramón hills, on equinox day (as explained in other post, that's not casual, Incas founded the city here for that reason). As you can verify by seeing carefully, the city centre is exactly under the sun on the photo.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

mattb325

*BUMP*

While sorting through my photos from the PB fallout, I found these and thought they might be nice.

When people think of Australia, and Sydney, they rarely think of snow. But Sydney spans a large area, from coast to mountains.
The part of Sydney I live in gets about 6 snow falls each winter. So far this winter, we haven't had any snow at all (which is a new record in over 150 years of data), but 2 years ago, we had a rather nice snowfall and because it was heavy enough to leave me snow and ice-bound in for 3 days, I actually took pictures.

The more typical view sans snow:

Shiftred

On the contrast it is the hottest and muggiest day of the year in Indianapolis.