• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GLR Request Thread

Started by vinlabsc3k, June 06, 2009, 10:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OwlGreene

A while ago someone posted in this thread about the desire to see a 90 Degree 2x2 GLR turn.  Can it be made and linked to this thread???

banditp61

Is there away to have GLR stations with pedestrian over passes like in the photo from I-225 in southeast Denver:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=39.643421,-104.877514&spn=0,0.001206&t=k&z=20&layer=c&cbll=39.643421,-104.877514&panoid=MZB3twwrsiYN49uVVLe1vQ&cbp=12,235.51,,0,8.4

Or if we can have stations like this under Louisiana and I-25:

And maybe curved slopes like this, again in Denver... (this ramp is incomplete, its part of the new Denver Fastrack)

Exla357

So you mean like FlexFly for EL Rail?

banditp61

ps2owner

Can the NAM team make a tram-in-avenue crossing with street that goes all the way though?
the current ones don't allow street traffic to get to the other side.

Chrisim

We will not create such a piece, because streets do usually not cross tram-avenue in real life.
You may upgrade street to road: use the piece of road crossing the tram-avenue, and then you can drag road or street ...

Kitsune

maybe not in europe... but its a common thing here in Toronto, Link, and I've seen it in Calgary too (where its true GLR in AVE)

~ NAM Team Member

Chrisim

We may argue whether it is a really a street (or a road) crossing the tram-avenue in your example. It is not about Canada vs. Europe, it is just about the definition of street versus road.

The tram in the middle of the avenue has its own track bed, with the purpose of permitting fast tram traffic. So, trams have a certain priority. If streets were allowed to cross the track bed, trams would loose their priority. Therefore, only roads (that have higher priority than streets) are permitted to cross.

banditp61

I wouldn't know how to discribe this intersection, but is it even possible to make a piece like this?:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=39.747508,-104.987326&spn=0.001664,0.002411&t=h&z=19

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: banditp61 on June 19, 2011, 08:53:49 AM
I wouldn't know how to discribe this intersection, but is it even possible to make a piece like this?:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=39.747508,-104.987326&spn=0.001664,0.002411&t=h&z=19

@Kitsune: In Europe the streets are often one lane oneway road :( so they don't cross the tram tracks, but if there's an intersection it wil be signalized with traffic lights. %confuso

@banditp61: You can use the 90° turn of tram-in-avenue intersection to make that. :thumbsup: It's a too particular intersection. :-[
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

banditp61

I see.  :-[. Wells is it possible to make ELR FLexFly with slopes and stuff like that? Kinda what I posted last time, but nobody ever got back to me.

vinlabsc3k

@bandit: I've started this thread to make a big request to NAM TEAM when there are less puzzle pieces, :'( but now more pieces are avalaible. :-\
Now for the FlexFly I give you the same answer for your other request: It's a big time-consumer job, so it's possible, but not in progress.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Tarkus

Quote from: banditp61 on June 19, 2011, 10:39:05 AM
I see.  :-[. Wells is it possible to make ELR FLexFly with slopes and stuff like that? Kinda what I posted last time, but nobody ever got back to me.

We've actually had several folks open threads to request that--see here, for example.  Folks want it.  But as Vincenzo pointed out above, it'd be a monster of an undertaking, and I wouldn't expect anything soon.

-Alex

ps2owner

Quote from: Chrisim on June 19, 2011, 08:08:36 AM
We may argue whether it is a really a street (or a road) crossing the tram-avenue in your example. It is not about Canada vs. Europe, it is just about the definition of street versus road.

The tram in the middle of the avenue has its own track bed, with the purpose of permitting fast tram traffic. So, trams have a certain priority. If streets were allowed to cross the track bed, trams would loose their priority. Therefore, only roads (that have higher priority than streets) are permitted to cross.

Oh well, guess I'll just have to do that.
BTW the GLR is awesome. Some Tram-In-(Avenue, Road, or street) Elevated puzzle Pieces world be very nice. Make crossing over other networks at different highs much easier.

EDIT: Oh, also, what is FlexFly?

banditp61

Like GLR in a road or AVE, with the newer NWM OWR 4 and 5's could you have so one tile is a one way road tile then the other tile is light rail with one way road in it? Some thing along the lines of this (again In Denver.... I am kinda a freak about my favorite city. lol).

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=39.744783,-104.992623&spn=0.000832,0.001206&t=h&z=20

Or a single tile network with a onway road with a single track to the left or right of the one way road like this? (big surprise, it's in DENVER!!!!.....)

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=39.747673,-104.990618&spn=0,0.002411&t=k&z=19&layer=c&cbll=39.747673,-104.990618&panoid=BXskNuI79CFB2ixDDvQksg&cbp=12,39.32,,0,0.3

noahclem

@ banditp61 - That's a lot of valuable stuff you're requesting. I also enjoy your references to Denver--I used to visit there a lot in the late '80s/early 90's to see relatives, though that was long before the light rail system, the new airport, or the new beltway (or about 1,000,000 people for that matter). One of the bigger problems with replicating Denver's GLR system is going to be the diagonals--Denver's original city-center planners cleverly angled the streets to facilitate snow melting but unfortunately diagonals drastically complicate things in SC4.

As far as your requests involving stations--under overpasses, involving pedestrian overpasses, etc--that's actually not really a NAM request but a station BAT request. There's been some multi-level stations by the SFBT as well as some Japanese stuff, but I don't think it's exactly what you're asking for here. Still, that's something that would be resolved by BATs not transit modding.

The one-way road and NWM stuff would of course be nice but unless a talented transit modder takes up interest in GLR stuff soon I wouldn't expect it in the near future.

banditp61

Thank you. If I knew how to BAT I would make things myself, but I don't know how and my computer won't let me run the SC4 BAT program. So I just like to throw ideas out there and hope somebody will hear them and try it out. lol.

ps2owner

K, so i got a request for a new GLR in street piece.
S= street, T=tram in street, and G=Regular GLR.

STSO
STTG
STSO

Basically, a straight street with a triangle to tram on one side.
Also, like I said earlier, Elevated GLR Puzzle Pieces including tram-on-road and avenue.
I.E. Tram-on-avenue adn Tram-on-road puzzle pieces at L2, to those of you who know what I'm talking about. ;)

@banditp61
That's a pretty cool idea, one way road combined with a one way GLR.